Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Twice

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
UK-

Buy a paintbrush tomorrow and break it.

UK,
This certain piece of evidence should point you to the killer.

Cottonstar,
Buy a paintbrush tomorrow and break it.
Sure, been there, tried it, it's difficult if not impossible, particularly at the thicker end of the handle.

This certain piece of evidence should point you to the killer.
Depends on your favorite theory. I accept various interpretations can be made regarding the pieces of paintbrush.

I've shifted over the years, currently I reckon the pieces of paintbrush represent staging and not a homicide weapon, but I'm open to persuasion, which is why I look forward to publication of your theory.

The theory that is least consistent wrt to the pieces of paintbrush is PDI, since the wine-cellar staging totally fails to achieve its objective.

This leaves JDI or BDI with JDI appearing more credible than BDI. It could be argued the paintbrush was broken to specifically mask BR's whittling, but then whittling in any homicide case need not be limited to the prime suspect.

The salient question regardless of any members theory is : was JonBenet sexually assaulted either just before her death, as she lay dying, or once she was dead, or some combination of the latter list?

Did the paintbrush pieces play any role in JonBenet's original assault?

That’s why it makes an appearance at ground zero of the crime scene.

Cottonstar,
Accepting Coroner Meyer's observation that JonBenet had been subjected to Sexual Contact and Digital Penetration, looks to me as if the paintbrush played no role in JonBenet's initial assault, i.e. its just part of the staging.

I also reckon most of the items in the wine-cellar relating to both children might be there to keep them out of sight. Patsy and JR might be telling us a story regarding keeping the childrens gifts in there, really?

If this is the case why did JonBenet's bike need to be kept at the Barnhill's, why hide the fact that Burke got a bike too?

There is plenty room in the wine-cellar for JonBenet's bike.

On Dr. Phil's show Burke is asked what did JonBenet get for Christmas. He answers, a big dollhouse, and… “we both got bikes.”

So like Burke says JonBenet walked into the house, I think he is being truthful about the bikes, also Patsy is on record saying she purchased the bikes downtown Boulder midweek prior to Christmas.

Cottonstar,
Accepting Coroner Meyer's observation that JonBenet had been subjected to Sexual Contact and Digital Penetration, looks to me as if the paintbrush played no role in JonBenet's initial assault, i.e. its just part of the staging.

I also reckon most of the items in the wine-cellar relating to both children might be there to keep them out of sight. Patsy and JR might be telling us a story regarding keeping the childrens gifts in there, really?

If this is the case why did JonBenet's bike need to be kept at the Barnhill's, why hide the fact that Burke got a bike too?

There is plenty room in the wine-cellar for JonBenet's bike.

On Dr. Phil's show Burke is asked what did JonBenet get for Christmas. He answers, a big dollhouse, and… “we both got bikes.”

So like Burke says JonBenet walked into the house, I think he is being truthful about the bikes, also Patsy is on record saying she purchased the bikes downtown Boulder midweek prior to Christmas.

I’m not
referring to the sexual assault.

Let’s put it this way. I don’t believe that any presents would be or were stored in the wine cellar. The cellar was a cold, dark, dank, mold infested cement room, of which JR once said “It’s a nasty room. Just you didn’t go in there”.

The unwrapped opened Legos are a big clue IMO.

Back to the bikes again. I believe BR received a bicycle that year as well, but for 20 years JR and PR hid that he did. Why?

I’m not
referring to the sexual assault.

Let’s put it this way. I don’t believe that any presents would be or were stored in the wine cellar. The cellar was a cold, dark, dank, mold infested cement room, of which JR once said “It’s a nasty room. Just you didn’t go in there”.

Back to the bikes again. I believe BR received a bicycle that year as well, but for 20 years JR and PR hid that he did. Why?

Cottonstar,
ITA. I've always maintained the wine-cellar was a staged crime-scene, the basement on Christmas Night appears the least inviting part of the house?

I've parsed JR and PR's interviews and noted they contradict themselves over and over, nothing new there, but John seems to know more than he says, e.g.

20 JOHN RAMSEY: Well Patsy had gotten a bunch
21 of gifts at FAO Schwartz up in New York in early
22 December, some of which were for them were for
23 Burke's birthday, which was in January. She didn't
24 know they were in the closet exactly,
Really John, why not?

0273 13 LOU SMIT: You notice how the packages seem
14 to be partially opened. Can you explain this?
15 JOHN RAMSEY: No, I can't.
16 LOU SMIT: So Patsy had gone there and
17 just kind looked to see what was (INAUDBILE)?
18 JOHN RAMSEY: It's possible. (INAUDIBLE) I mean,
19 you can figure out what's in them. The cigar box
20 was sitting on a paint can, or something like
21 that. And I believe it shouldn't have.
Am I imagining it or does JR parrot Lou Smit's line of questioning?

You can see one of the gifts pre-wrapped in FAO-Schwarz-paper here:
149blanket.jpg

Quite possible, yet linking the Lego toy and the bike to JonBenet's death seems intractable, unless you resurrect BlueCrab's theory to explain away how Burke's bike vanished?

Also what Burke has to say about returning downstairs Christmas Night on Dr Phil's show must mean BPD have forensic evidence linking him otherwise he need not state that.

Does anyone else think Partially Opened Gifts might be a cover for rejected gifts?

U
Cottonstar,

ITA. I've always maintained the wine-cellar was a staged crime-scene, the basement on Christmas Night appears the least inviting part of the house?

I've parsed JR and PR's interviews and noted they contradict themselves over and over, nothing new there, but John seems to know more than he says, e.g.

Really John, why not?

Am I imagining it or does JR parrot Lou Smit's line of questioning?

You can see one of the gifts pre-wrapped in FAO-Schwarz-paper here:
149blanket.jpg

Quite possible, yet linking the Lego toy and the bike to JonBenet's death seems intractable, unless you resurrect BlueCrab's theory to explain away how Burke's bike vanished?

Also what Burke has to say about returning downstairs Christmas Night on Dr Phil's show must mean BPD have forensic evidence linking him otherwise he need not state that.

Does anyone else think Partially Opened Gifts might be a cover for rejected gifts?
UK-

The use of the broken paintbrush along with the surrounding material elements at the crime scene paints a portrait of who the killer was.

I'm not sure what you're suggesting.
That the gifts were under the tree and just partially opened Christmas day or that PR did inventory and chose to set these particular gifts aside. BR's birthday was January 27, so a few weeks post cruise return.

I'm not sure what you're suggesting.
That the gifts were under the tree and just partially opened Christmas day or that PR did inventory and chose to set these particular gifts aside. BR's birthday was January 27, so a few weeks post cruise return.

Tadpole12,
I'm trying to tie some of the basement evidence into a coherent narrative and neither of what JR, PR, even BR makes much sense, least of all BR saying hey guys, I just remembered like twenty years later I went back downstairs?

So I'm speculating the wine-cellar contents might simply represent staging with the parents offering ad-hoc explanations, i.e. JR says he put the samsonite suitcase in the basement.

So if JonBenet or Burke rejected any gifts then they might have been included in those that Burke allegedlly opened?

If you consider JR's answer here in bold:
20 JOHN RAMSEY: Well Patsy had gotten a bunch
21 of gifts at FAO Schwartz up in New York in early
22 December, some of which were for them were for
23 Burke's birthday, which was in January. She didn't
24 know they were in the closet exactly,

Now why would PR not know where they were unless JR put them there? Possibly a freudian slip by JR here, could be he has rearranged stuff?

Burke's bike is missing and nobody seems bothered. Kolar says BR opened those gifts Christmas Day Afternoon, my guess is his touch dna and fingerprints are all over them?

That latch on the wine-cellar door is never child-proof Burke or JonBenet standing on a chair could open it. Remember that one blocking the doorway?

The R's explanation regarding gifts in the wine-cellar appears designed to offer a rationale for the gifts residing there prior to JonBenet's death, but JR suggests PR never knew they were there, so surely there is an alternative interpretation?

Last edited:
U

UK-
The use of the broken paintbrush along with the surrounding material elements at the crime scene paints a portrait of who the killer was.

Cottonstar,
The portrait that I envisage is more Daliesque, or Dada than anything in the deductive style of Conan-Doyle's Holmes as the evidence appears staged?

Cottonstar,
The portrait that I envisage is more Daliesque, or Dada than anything in the deductive style of Conan-Doyle's Holmes as the evidence appears staged?

au contraire mon frère

are you watching closely?

au contraire mon frère

are you watching closely?

Cottonstar,
My eyeballs await publication of your theory. If it is au contraire then that is neat, more so if it is lucid. Two heads are always better than one.

We know the paintbrush handle was broken, but was it broken once or twice?
After viewing the photographs of said paintbrush it is evident that it was only broken ONCE. It was broken on the handle end, which would have been the thinner, narrower end of the paintbrush. The other end, which is flat on the end, is the part of the brush that goes into the bristles. One end of the bristle portion of the brush is usually a metal cylinder piece that attached the bristles to the brush handle.

I'm an artist. I have a tons of brushes where the bristle end come off and that end of the handle is flat. Now, the broken end? Wow knows how or why it was broken. Perhaps it was already broken before that end was used to assault JB, hence the birefringent material found upon autopsy. Perhaps it was whittled.

Does anyone know what the birefringent material looked like? Was it jagged and wood like chips. Or was it like dust or silica. I ask because I think of powder.

After viewing the photographs of said paintbrush it is evident that it was only broken ONCE. It was broken on the handle end, which would have been the thinner, narrower end of the paintbrush. The other end, which is flat on the end, is the part of the brush that goes into the bristles. One end of the bristle portion of the brush is usually a metal cylinder piece that attached the bristles to the brush handle.

I'm an artist. I have a tons of brushes where the bristle end come off and that end of the handle is flat. Now, the broken end? Wow knows how or why it was broken. Perhaps it was already broken before that end was used to assault JB, hence the birefringent material found upon autopsy. Perhaps it was whittled.

Does anyone know what the birefringent material looked like? Was it jagged and wood like chips. Or was it like dust or silica. I ask because I think of powder.

Waterdog,
Only the case insiders know, BPD have never released a photograph of the birefringent material.

Steve Thomas, in his book, refers to a splinter being found inside JonBenet. Coroner Meyer catalogs birefringent material being present inside JonBenet in his autopsy report.

So are Thomas and Meyer referring to the same object or different items of forensic evidence. They could be separate, with Meyer's birefringent material being powder, say from latex gloves. Speculating that Patsy wore latex gloves while staging the wine-cellar crime-scene?

This is a loose end a bit like the Partially Opened Gifts, i.e. were they Partially Wrapped or Partially Opened. Patsy wants to claim she opened them as does Burke.

5 came up, I was at FAO Schwartz in New York when
6 JonBenet and I were up there for a trip, and I had them
7 sent back to Boulder and they wrapped them, free gift
8 wrapping.
9 So like right here it looks like I kind of
10 peeled a little back to see what was in it because I
11 couldn't remember what was in them.
12 TRIP DEMUTH: If the wrapping has been undone
13 partially, that was --
14 PATSY RAMSEY: I probably would have done
15 that to peek to see what was in there.

Since there are no Christmas Morning Photographs I reckon this has something to do with Burke receiving a bike for Christmas:

SMIT: Do you remember kind of what the kids got? What she [JonBenet] got?

JOHN: Well JonBenet got a bike. I think Burke got a bike too. It seems like we had three bikes there. JonBenet, I think she got a little doll that was one of these look-a-like dolls that was supposed to look like her. I remember her looking at it and saying, this doesn’t look like me.

Dr. Phil asks Burke what JonBenet got for Christmas
a big dollhouse, and… we both got bikes.

Patsy purchased two bikes downtown Boulder in the weeks leading upto Christmas, so it might be someone else used Burke's bike to leave the house or its the focus of disagreement between JonBenet and Burke?

Attachments

• DE5B0AE1-4A5E-4D5F-B923-8B9FDDDA8AD6.jpeg
    DE5B0AE1-4A5E-4D5F-B923-8B9FDDDA8AD6.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 61

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads