Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if any of the POI had made any big purchases. Im not sure this can be determined by us sleuthers, just an idea I am throwing out there.

They do not seem to be flush with cash by the looks of them. The only reason I say this, and Im going to a deep, dark place here. William is a boy, the majority of the POI have been associated with female victims. Maybe the intention was to get both children, or to grab WT sis, but it makes me think that maybe William was abducted and sold. I am also wondering if this is why the police believed for a long time (and maybe even now, not sure) that William was still alive. Because he was no longer in the hands of the abductors because he was sold or handed of to someone else.

Of course this is all just a thought, this may have also been covered. I have no facts to back it up. But is anyone aware of a POI new house being a lot nicer than their last or a shiny new car or something like that.

Apologies if this is idea has been discussed at length already. Ignore me if so.
It is a good point I think. Not far reaching IMO

I was wondering if any of the POI had made any big purchases. Im not sure this can be determined by us sleuthers, just an idea I am throwing out there.

They do not seem to be flush with cash by the looks of them. The only reason I say this, and Im going to a deep, dark place here. William is a boy, the majority of the POI have been associated with female victims. Maybe the intention was to get both children, or to grab WT sis, but it makes me think that maybe William was abducted and sold. I am also wondering if this is why the police believed for a long time (and maybe even now, not sure) that William was still alive. Because he was no longer in the hands of the abductors because he was sold or handed of to someone else.

Of course this is all just a thought, this may have also been covered. I have no facts to back it up. But is anyone aware of a POI new house being a lot nicer than their last or a shiny new car or something like that.

Apologies if this is idea has been discussed at length already. Ignore me if so.
No... Not POI's............

Although NC has described herself as a police suspect and she seems to be off on a cruise or two.

PressReader.com - Connecting People Through News

Stunning new revelations about the day William Tyrrell vanished

Last edited:
If this were the case, it would have to be a heck of a lot of money in return for a child or children. And, I ask myself, why William and/or his sister?

You could ask yourself, why any children? Sadly, child trafficking is big business. But I would assume, if he was sold (emphasis on IF), he would no longer be in Australia, as it is too high profile. But it would need multiple perpetrators to carry out, actually, it would need a network.

You could ask yourself, why any children? Sadly, child trafficking is big business. But I would assume, if he was sold (emphasis on IF), he would no longer be in Australia, as it is too high profile. But it would need multiple perpetrators to carry out, actually, it would need a network.

The location William was taken from does not really gel with big business international child trafficking imho.

Can u give examples of this ‘big business’ of child trafficking? I’d like to know, cause I think it’s kinda rare in rural Australia. Which countries would you feel would participate so that W could be taken to, & how would he get there? TIA

It’s been enlightening watching this thread of late. It’s as if a big conspiracy theory has landed & taken over. Little William was taken by someone, no doubt, but to think some group of men came up with an elaborate & intelligent plan to kidnap him or his sister seems a little far fetched. Can anyone suggest another case where several men (some of them stupid) successfully kidnaped a child? Usually this type of case involves a lone perp, or a male & female, statistically. It would be a very rare case that several perps banded together & got away with it. Often friends become paranoid & distant, and people sing eventually - it’s been 4 years. Perhaps this was no group effort? Anyway - just MOO .

The parents of murdered teenager Daniel Morcombe have shared a harrowing insight into the difficult forensic and legal processes that added to the grief of losing their son 15 years ago.

The Queensland couple and relatives of other homicide victims have spoken out about the psychological toll the system places on grieving families who endure long coronial and trial processes that strip their deceased loved ones of their humanity.

Daniel Morcombe’s parents say the system treated their son’s body like ‘a stolen TV’ | Daily Mail Online

Just posting this here as it is relevant to William’s future coronial process and hopefully trial process.

Yes, why any children but, in this case, I am asking myself, ‘Why William?’. Why would he, in particular, be the target of a network of international child abductors/traffickers? I’m not sure of the monetary value of international child trafficking ex-Australia although, in comparison with other forms of international human trafficking into Australia and, if it was able to be accomplished, I can only imagine it would be lucrative.

If William was trafficked, it would be reasonable to assume that he could have been taken outside of Australia, at least in the early days of his disappearance when there were reports of overseas Crimestoppers’ organisations being alerted by investigators. But, the focus of the investigation recently has been on the local area, with media reports and advertising nationwide rather than worldwide, which implies, to me at least, that William’s suspicious disappearance was due to the actions of a less organised, lone, local offender; rather than those of an international child trafficking network.

Last edited:
Whew. Human trafficking is a real thing, but white children in the care of middle class families in rural Australia (or leafy north shore suburbs) aren't really the target. Overwhelmingly the victims are people of colour in dire circumstances of desperation, abandonment, addiction, poverty, and manipulation. Police aren't appealing for help overseas or via Interpol they're searching Aussie bushland and putting up signs in country towns. While nothing is impossible and I generally dislike the overuse of the term Occam's razor, I do think it's appropriate to think horses when you hear hoofbeats when you're in rural Australia.

Yes, why any children but, in this case, I am asking myself, ‘Why William?’. Why would he, in particular, be the target of a network of international child abductors/traffickers? I’m not sure of the monetary value of international child trafficking ex-Australia although, in comparison with other forms of international human trafficking into Australia and, if it was able to be accomplished, I can only imagine it would be lucrative.

If William was trafficked, it would be reasonable to assume that he could have been taken outside of Australia, at least in the early days of his disappearance when there were reports of overseas Crimestoppers’ organisations being alerted by investigators. But, the focus of the investigation recently has been on the local area, with media reports and advertising nationwide rather than worldwide, which implies, to me at least, that William’s suspicious disappearance was due to the actions of a less organised, lone, local offender; rather than those of an international child trafficking network.

I don't believe any country is immune to the formation or existence of pedophile rings. They can exist anywhere and with the aid of the internet, I'm sure a rural area of Australia is no exception. Having said that, IMO William was spotted and targeted.

Although this article relates to child sexual exploitation in America, it's a bit of an eye-opener on how lucrative this dreadful business can be. Then when you read the horrifying specifics of Jerome Elam's story, we just have to do the math :

15 Things We All Need To Know About America's Appalling Child Sex Trade

The FBI has called sex trafficking of adults and minors the fastest-growing global criminal activity and the third-largest behind drugs and weapons.

That's because there's a lot of money to be had in the industry. Jewel was sold for $160 per hour, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. An oft-cited statistic claims that a pimp can make $150,000 to $200,000 on one victim over the course of a year by forcing her to turn over all her earnings

WARNING: Graphic content contained in the following linked article

Jerome’s story: ‘My stepfather introduced me to a child paedophile ring when I was five’

Jerome said years after his escape, he discovered the paedophile ring in which he was enslaved has been in possession of a picture taken of him before his capture — the same one Jerome provided to news.com.au.

"Why William?" IMO, simply because he is a beautiful little boy.

I don't believe any country is immune to the formation or existence of pedophile rings. They can exist anywhere and with the aid of the internet, I'm sure a rural area of Australia is no exception. Having said that, IMO William was spotted and targeted.

Although this article relates to child sexual exploitation in America, it's a bit of an eye-opener on how lucrative this dreadful business can be. Then when you read the horrifying specifics of Jerome Elam's story, we just have to do the math :

15 Things We All Need To Know About America's Appalling Child Sex Trade

WARNING: Graphic content contained in the following linked article

Jerome’s story: ‘My stepfather introduced me to a child paedophile ring when I was five’

"Why William?" IMO, simply because he is a beautiful little boy.

I thought this article is interesting, regarding this issue, here on Websleuths,
Mum, stepdad accused of raping girl, 8, in suspected Perth child *advertiser censored* ring

The mother, step-father and a family friend of an eight-year old girl have been arrested and charged over a suspected child *advertiser censored* ring operating in Perth and regional WA in a case that has been described by police as "absolutely devastating".

Police claim a number of adults drugged children before sexually abusing them and recording the acts on video.
Police superintendent Sharon Leonhard said the case would "shock the community".

https://www.watoday.com.au/national...ed-perth-child-*advertiser censored*-ring-20180330-p4z75j.html

Whew. Human trafficking is a real thing, but white children in the care of middle class families in rural Australia (or leafy north shore suburbs) aren't really the target. Overwhelmingly the victims are people of colour in dire circumstances of desperation, abandonment, addiction, poverty, and manipulation. Police aren't appealing for help overseas or via Interpol they're searching Aussie bushland and putting up signs in country towns. While nothing is impossible and I generally dislike the overuse of the term Occam's razor, I do think it's appropriate to think horses when you hear hoofbeats when you're in rural Australia.

I agree with the above, William being sold is a reach. Good points regarding the lack of international outreach.

In regards to the search, I believe the search was not to find evidence of an abduction or even to find William. It was to prove without a doubt that it was not misadventure and to scare people into talking. I think if they found any evidence it would be a bonus, but I do not believe that was the intention of the search. (Not backed by fact, just what I have deduced from what I have read)

Just a response to human trafficking as a whole and not necessarily in relation to William. Although, trafficked children tend to be minorities, this is because they are easily targeted from poorer countries etc. There is a black market where people can order what they like, this can be in any form. Whether it be women, men, certain ethnicities and children. There is a market for families looking to illegally adopt white children, and there are greedy child exploiters willingly to fill this need. Furthermore, it is more prevalent in the world than most people might think, and it does happen in Australia. A women in QLD was arrested for hiring out her daughter to different men up and down the coast of Qld.

However, I apologise. I do not want the forum to turn into a child trafficking discussion. There is a lot to google about it on the internet, but its not an easy read and really quite devastating. But for anyone not thinking it cannot happen in Australia or nice country towns, it can. With these people it comes down to opportunity, nothing more.

Last edited:
I agree with the examples given of child trafficking within and without Australia, predominantly by the supposed caregivers of the children or by ‘pimps’. I also know of a young boy who was trafficked internationally ex-Australia by his same-sex adoptive parents, ie:

Boy with henna tattoo: Australian Peter Truong groomed son to be exploited by global paedophile network

But, as neither William’s biological parents nor his foster parents are POI, I find these scenarios not to be relevant to his case IMO.

I agree with the examples given of child trafficking within and without Australia, predominantly by the supposed caregivers of the children or by ‘pimps’. I also know of a young boy who was trafficked internationally ex-Australia by his same-sex adoptive parents, ie:

Boy with henna tattoo: Australian Peter Truong groomed son to be exploited by global paedophile network

But, as neither William’s biological parents nor his foster parents are POI, I find them not to be relevant to his case IMO.

Oh I hope no one thinks I mean his biological or foster parents. I in no way think they are involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard