Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Status
Not open for further replies.
It brought tears to my eyes. I love that she wrote this about all of you who persisted for years to give her back her name.

Me too ..... :( Absolutely a beautiful poem, there is no doubt in my mind that Marcia's mother is an amazing woman.

I pray they are doing well and are healing from this tragedy ((Hugs & Luv)) to the family.

Her family has been nothing but kind. I know Marcia was, and is, very loved by them.

A commenter on the Who Was Buckskin Girl? Facebook page gave us an update yesterday: "The blank stone is in the shop and will be engraved early next week. Weather permitting, Riverside Cemetery will pour the foundation early next week as well. It is possible that the stone will be in place by Friday 7/20, if all goes well."

I know her new headstone will be beautiful.

New update:

"The new headstone for Marcia is scheduled to be delivered to Riverside Cemetery in Troy, OH on the afternoon of Friday, 20 July 2018.
Miami Valley Lodge #58 Fraternal Order of Police will be conducting a dedication and memorial service at 7:00 PM EDT on Friday 20 July.
It is expected that Marcia's stepmother, Cindy Sossoman, one of her siblings, an aunt and possibly some cousins will be in attendance.
Unfortunately, Marcia's mother, Bonnie King, is unable to attend.
All who are able to attend are invited."

New update:

"The new headstone for Marcia is scheduled to be delivered to Riverside Cemetery in Troy, OH on the afternoon of Friday, 20 July 2018.
Miami Valley Lodge #58 Fraternal Order of Police will be conducting a dedication and memorial service at 7:00 PM EDT on Friday 20 July.
It is expected that Marcia's stepmother, Cindy Sossoman, one of her siblings, an aunt and possibly some cousins will be in attendance.
Unfortunately, Marcia's mother, Bonnie King, is unable to attend.
All who are able to attend are invited."
Thanks for the update, feeling very touched that Marcia, yes Marcia- not Buckskin Girl, will be honoured this way after all this time.

Does anybody else have the feeling that this will never be solved? It just seems too quiet. I wonder if the police even have any interest in solving this case at this point. It's like OK we identified her, now we are done.

Does anybody else have the feeling that this will never be solved? It just seems too quiet. I wonder if the police even have any interest in solving this case at this point. It's like OK we identified her, now we are done.
No, I believe they have stated that they will begin to work on finding her killer. I don’t think all hope is lost. It may be difficult after so long, but I don’t think this case is completely “unsolvable”.

No, I believe they have stated that they will begin to work on finding her killer. I don’t think all hope is lost. It may be difficult after so long, but I don’t think this case is completely “unsolvable”.
Well it has been over three and a half months since they publicly identified her. Probably six months since they actually identified her. I find it very hard to believe that they are actively investigating it all this time. If it gets to the one year mark without any updates, it will be completely unsolvable. No way will they devote more time then that to such an old case.

The FOP will be conducting the memorial service. That should answer your question I hope.

The FOP will be conducting the memorial service. That should answer your question I hope.
But the FOP are not in charge of investigating it. So I don't think that does answer the question. It will be interesting though to see if investigators use it as an opportunity to give an update. In over three months they should be able to give an update, if they have made any progress at all.

Cannot wait to hear the Schweeett Words of --- "Book Em Dano"
fabf9a56_msn-emotions-pig-8.gif

Maybe this has been discussed, but where did name Sossoman came from? I thought she was identified as Marcia King. I'm a little confused on that. Has anybody found any information on her under the name Marcia Sossoman? I know people weren't having much luck with finding anything on Marcia King.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann