Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
House - not apartment.
See pictures.
The rural electric co-op is next door to the house. In the co-op picture you can see a portion of the house on the left.

Attachments

• AD90E39B-FD2E-443C-A9DC-BF9DC0360C5E.jpeg
    AD90E39B-FD2E-443C-A9DC-BF9DC0360C5E.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 276
  • 565D5526-62C6-4F77-8498-20209FD612FC.jpeg
    565D5526-62C6-4F77-8498-20209FD612FC.jpeg
    190.6 KB · Views: 258
The Heavy article was pretty good, assuming the information is accurate. According to that article, she was at the home alone that night while the bf, his bro and fiancee were out of town. Neighbor saw her jogging, talked with mom abt dinner after the jog, and bf got the snapchat message. Most likely scenario is that what happened went down after she'd gotten ready for work since the red shirt is missing. So- who was to give her a ride.to work? Did that person make any statements? Did they even show up to get her and notice she was.gone? I thought her work notified her family and bf that she hadnt shown up.

What if she went for her walk, said goodnight to everyone and then spent the night somewhere else and packed an overnight bag and that’s why the red shirt is missing?

After reading some family members’ posts on FB:

- There was a long driveway up to boyfriend’s house

- Mollie’s parents lived about a mile from boyfriend’s house and she would think nothing about running/walking back and forth between the two

- Mollie and her mother had texted about supper plans. Around 7:30pm her mom texted her that dinner was ready and she responded “ok” but she never ended up coming over and Mom just thought she changed her mind

- Mollie sent Snapchat selfie to her boyfriend. Boyfriend OPENED the Snapchat around 10pm so they can’t be sure when exactly she sent it. She didn’t respond/open any Snapchats after 10pm. Boyfriend assumed she had gone to bed.

- Mollie basically lived at the house with her boyfriend while she was home from college and had stayed there alone many times before

Therefore, missing timeline could change to anytime after 7:30pm text to her mom since we don’t know when exactly she SENT the Snapchat. Could have something happened on the way to her mom’s for dinner? But that still leaves questions about the glasses and the shirt?

Last edited:
A really worrying case.

Here are some of my thoughts having looked at the Facebook page which has a little clarification in comments about some points..

As said above, it seems from 7:30pm onwards Mollie could have gone missing, although perhaps later if her Snapchat was a ‘goodnight’ picture.

I wonder if comments have been turned off on Facebook page/police suspended a search as they have a person of interest, in a small area this person could be known to the family? Some piece of information such as a colleague late for work, someone admitting to going to the house late at night, a neighbour seeing someone could change the focus of the investigation.

I have a fit bit but it has no GPS and has to be near my phone to sync steps/distance walked

Also, contact lenses... if you wore daily replaceable contacts then they could all be at home except the ones you were wearing which could cause confusion - unless in the case of an exceptional prescription/condition contact lenses would be likely daily/fortnightly/monthly so you would always have some visible at home, rather than just the one singular pair you’re wearing only.

Seems strange that she would have gone anywhere such as outside, or maybe even to the front door without either contacts of glasses, but had her phone. Unless she didn’t really need her glasses/contacts. Or unless a perpetrator entered the property and took her phone with them when they left.

After reading her Twitter I had fleeting concerns for her taking her life after some of her comments about mental health, but without access to a vehicle, and a night or early morning time frame I doubt she could have got far and there doesn’t seem to be anything else to suggest that at this stage

I really do not want another bad outcome. I hope LE knows something we don't and this is a young lady who ran away, contrary to what everyone believes she would do. At least she would be okay then.

I don't think it's a big deal that she hadn't arranged for a ride to work. Her mothers house is only a mile away. It's totally feasible that she was just going to walk over in the morning and drive herself. An avid runner wouldn't think twice about doing that.

'

Oh that tag line :(

It's actually a country song, despite the country stereotypes. Here's a video that also has lyrics if one doesn't like country.

Could someone else have sent the 'Ok' message to her mom as well as the snapchat to the bf? And taken phone and the red shirt with them, the latter to confuse the timeline, make it look like she went to work?

After reading the comments from the bf’s mom’s fb page and seeing what LE said about possibly being with “friends” I’m beginning to think it’s someone she knew. If she was as active as the bf’s mom said on Snapchat it’s possible she posted a snap about dog sitting and sent it to her group of social contacts. If it’s true that most people don’t lock the doors something bad could have happened by someone who knew she was alone based on Snaps. Since her contacts and glasses were left behind that leads me to believe it happened in the middle of the night. And it’s possible she left her red shirt out because she knew she was wearing it the next day, which could have easily been swiped by whoever grabbed her.

The fact Mollie's glasses/contacts are at the house scares the carp out of me, not a good sign at all. It doesn't really jive with the missing red shirt? She was dressed for work, but didn't have her glasses/contacts on?
I agree, I wear both; and if mine were left there would be no 'off w friends until monday or tuesday.' I am blind without.
She is a beautiful woman and someone noticed, I keep thinking of Jennifer Kesse.

Is that house that she was in, next to other homes and how close was it to a road? Maybe someone who frequents the area? A neighbor’s friend or relative?
It is not close to the road. There is one house behind it within 200 feet.
House - not apartment.
See pictures.
The rural electric co-op is next door to the house. In the co-op picture you can see a portion of the house on the left.
I'm glad you found that was a rural co-op. I found one map that stated it was the BGM high school, but apparently the high school is a few blocks away from W Des Moines Street where Mollie disappeared.
Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 7.30.53 AM.png

I haven't seen a missing story in a long time with so much confusing and conflicting information. LE needs to have a press conference and issue a formal statement of facts that have been confirmed. MSM has so many takes on the circumstances there's no putting together an accurate timeline. She deserves better reporting than this.

The rural co-op has a big parking area next to the house where Mollie disappeared. There aren't any trees or landscaping on this property. Everything that occurred on this side of the house would be very visible.
Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 7.44.02 AM.png

There also isn't anything to hide behind in the backyard of the home. This abductor was very brazen.
Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 7.46.27 AM.png

Not saying this is the case, but an alternative to her shirt suggesting she went missing in the morning - at that age I would have 100% slept in the t-shirt the night before having to get up and be somewhere so early! I was not an early riser in college - or ever. So it could have been she was wearing it starting at any time before she went to bed.

Thoughts on contacts - what would have caused her to be not wearing her contacts or glasses even around the house if she cannot see without them? I would think sleeping would be the only time she would not be wearing one or the other. It makes me think she was surprised by something in her sleep. Another possibility could be that she has the one-a-day contacts that you wear for a day (Or longer if you are lazy) and throw them away when you switch pairs. This could mean she was wearing one pair, but left her backups which she would need in s day or two, but not walking around completely blind in the meantime.

All IMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member