Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a hunch
...hoping the officials are checking on employees and frequent customers at the Co-op. The home she was staying at is wide open, it would be easy to watch comings and goings from the Co-op.

Also, it being such a small town, in the above scenario, the Perp most likely would know her or DJ/family/brothers.

JMO
That's my feeling too. I think the most likely suspect is on the jogging path somewhere. Some one sees her out jogging the same route.. hears through the grapevine she will be there alone. Knows the cars they all drive to confirm they're gone. I hope anyone that had a local conversation about her being there alone really thinks about what was said and who was present when it was said.

Last edited:
It is possible that is the case. Many of the early interviews would be of the information gathering type. At this point I expect the interviews are more of the interrogation masquerading as a refining information type as I don't think law enforcement is at a point where they can be certain of a suspect to conduct a straight out interrogation. For me, at the moment, I am more inclined to think the perpetrator is a female.

I’m so happy you mentioned this. I’ve always thought it was a big possibility that a female (very close to Mollie) has something to do with her disappearance.

Well... majority of us can drive 50 miles in 50 minutes!!!;)

I’m fimilar with the roads that would have to be taken. I’d be surprised if the drive could be made in 2 hours. The speed limits are very slow until you get closer to Brooklyn and they have speed cameras that will give you a ticket if you go 10 over the speed limit. Also it wouldn’t be interstate the whole way. You have to go through a couple small towns with lights.

Authorities say they are making progress in the investigation, and have come up with a solid timeline, but they can't release it publicly.

1 week later, search for Mollie Tibbetts continues

Officials told TV9 they have no leads they can share publicly.

Authorities reveal new details about Mollie Tibbetts investigation

folks, check your cell phones and social media accounts (including posting on this forum). how many times did you (or one of your kids) call, text, snap, facebook, insta, finsta, vsco, tweet or post yesterday. i'm older so i don't do social media but i texted or called at least 10 people last night. there's no way a social 20 year old who has a huge extended family in addition to having tons of friends only tweeted once, sent one snap (boyfriend) and called/texted once (mom) on any given evening. 3 communications in an entire night? not buying it. i think she spoke/texted/posted more than that and therein lies a key to her doings/whereabouts. it doesn't take 6 days for LE to unlock her digital footprint. maybe i'm being optimistic but i'm hoping they have a pretty good idea what happened, even if they have no clue as to her actual location...thoughts?
You make a really good point. Mollie sounds like a very social and outgoing girl with a lot of friends, so it makes sense that she would have been in contact with people other than her mom and her boyfriend that night.

For those wondering about the house - looking at Zillow was insightful as the photos and info (probably from the listing before DJ’s brother purchased the house) are still listed. It’s bigger than I thought. Looking at maps of the town and where the house was located also was very helpful. The house where she was staying is one of the last structures on a road that’s is a road leading out of town. If she ran towards town, it is so small I feel many would have seen her. If she ran away from town, she would be mostly running by fields and there would be less chance for witnesses of an abduction.

Really hoping we will hear more from LE in the next day or two. The sooner the better!

I do think they know a lot more than they are telling us.

IMOO

I'm not understanding what you're saying. He implied a conversation back and forth. He was in bed. He fell asleep before he replied to her last message. What's odd about that?

Is there anything to state they weren't chatting/texting back and forth?

Yes, the bf stated he was not chatting with her but opened the SC message from her at 10pm. He has no idea when she sent it he said (but you can check that on SC sooo....). Clearly if the phone was on his face he was in bed looking at it...most likely talking to someone or scrolling through FB.

I also found his comment about it hitting his face interesting because of her Tweet. It is as though he is trying to play the role a little too hard.

I’m fimilar with the roads that would have to be taken. I’d be surprised if the drive could be made in 2 hours. The speed limits are very slow until you get closer to Brooklyn and they have speed cameras that will give you a ticket if you go 10 over the speed limit. Also it wouldn’t be interstate the whole way. You have to go through a couple small towns with lights.

Good to know there are cameras around there!

I thought LEO knew a lot in the beginning and were keeping it tight for the protection of the investigation and charging. If they also have cameras, that makes me even more sure of that. They're gathering more evidence to make sure and watching and waiting....

You make a really good point. Mollie sounds like a very social and outgoing girl with a lot of friends, so it makes sense that she would have been in contact with people other than her mom and her boyfriend that night.

Yes, she seemed was helpful, well liked and that she got along with many people. Sometimes I think women like her can be perceived as vulnerable or naive bc they're sweet and nice.

I have seen nothing to indicate Mollie has ever gone for a morning run before work. She tends to run in the evening after it’s cooled down but before it gets dark. If I’m reading everything correctly she was out for her run at 5:30ish and mom talked to her around 7:something after her run and everything seemed fine. Point being: The only significance I’m seeing is that it establishes when/where she was last seen and what she was wearing. Trying to tie this into her disappearance could be really bad logic.

I have seen nothing to indicate Mollie has ever gone for a morning run before work. She tends to run in the evening after it’s cooled down but before it gets dark. If I’m reading everything correctly she was out for her run at 5:30ish and mom talked to her around 7:something after her run and everything seemed fine. Point being: The only significance I’m seeing is that it establishes when/where she was last seen and what she was wearing. Trying to tie this into her disappearance could be really bad logic.

Yes, her boyfriend said she liked to go on runs in the evenings as it started to cool down.

I would like to gently encourage new peeps on the case to read thread #1 so ideas and certain things aren't rehashed.

For those wondering about the house - looking at Zillow was insightful as the photos and info (probably from the listing before DJ’s brother purchased the house) are still listed. It’s bigger than I thought. Looking at maps of the town and where the house was located also was very helpful. The house where she was staying is one of the last structures on a road that’s is a road leading out of town. If she ran towards town, it is so small I feel many would have seen her. If she ran away from town, she would be mostly running by fields and there would be less chance for witnesses of an abduction.

Really hoping we will hear more from LE in the next day or two. The sooner the better!

I do think they know a lot more than they are telling us.

IMOO
They knew her 5:30 running route was in and through town, not heading away from town.
I still think that it is highly significant that she didn't have any corrective lenses with her when she disappeared. If she couldn't see without them, as has been said, then there is very little reason for her to not be wearing them, other than sleeping and possibly showering. I know it has been suggested that she could have been wearing another pair of lenses, and perhaps so. But I've never seen that possibility brought up in MSM.
I think it is highly possible that she disappeared (however) earlier rather than later. I think she would have told her mom if she had decided not to go over for dinner, and she didn't do that.
But that leaves the mysterious SC message. That seems to throw everything off, because I can't see that having been sent before dinner - at least, not if it was a good-night SC.
As for LE knowing more than they are telling us, I sincerely hope so, because they aren't saying much.

Good to know there are cameras around there!

I thought LEO knew a lot in the beginning and were keeping it tight for the protection of the investigation and charging. If they also have cameras, that makes me even more sure of that. They're gathering more evidence to make sure and watching and waiting....

I think LE has their eye on somebody - somebody known to Mollie. Could be the reason they stopped the searches and are keeping info from the public. Calling in the FBI experts to investigate social media will give them what they need to make an arrest. All JMO.

I think LE has their eye on somebody - somebody known to Mollie. Could be the reason they stopped the searches and are keeping info from the public. Calling in the FBI experts to investigate social media will give them what they need to make an arrest. All JMO.

Agreed. Good to do it this way so that they person can't get off. FBI has access to and equipment that small town LEOs don't have.

Yes that's the way I see it. Inconsitant.

No, the way I read it is that the brother dropped her off and then she went jogging and was seen by two different people. The times of all three are approximate anyway.
What I want to see clarified - and I can't remember if it was mentioned - is what time she sent the 'ok' text to her mom regarding dinner.

This is what I think too. They also watch suspects waiting for them to do something incriminating like throwing out clothes, returning to the scene of the crime which is very common...or just buy time until they have sufficient evidence.

Other factors that make me think BF or someone close;
They have only searched the BFs home.
They have not alerted the public that there is a danger to the public
They have stopped the search and are only looking towards her social media.
Only a handful of people know she was alone.

Could be wrong but the signs point to someone who lived in that house, and someone she talked to on social media.

Can anyone share the address or a map of where the house was?

Really mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, it would be reassuring to think they already know who is responsible. On the other hand, I'd rather she just reappears and says she went off camping for a week or something, and that she is okay after all.

While I think this is true I don’t understand why they would stop searches. They don’t have to release information to do searches and they will need her remains, if indeed this is bad news, for a strong case.

Google the address and it will bring up the Zillow. Very interesting home. Amazing that it was built in 1915. That may be more common in that area than it is where I am from but that’s fascinating. Also something I hadn’t considered. Most home probably have basements. As does this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get