Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know...but I get the feeling if Mollie is a homicide victim (God forbid), wouldn't her body be found at least a half hour from where the perpetrator lived and worked and in the opposite direction of said home and crime scene?

Not if he got on the interstate and took her out of Iowa...she could be anywhere unfortunately.

I was listening to Real Crime Profile (a podcast with former profilers, and a casting director for some reason), and the ex-FBI profiler told a story about anxiety impacting the polygraph results. His brother was taking a polygraph (as part of a background check for employment, I think) and they asked him if he used marijuana, this in the old days when any marijuana usage, ANY usage, was an instant disqualifier. Someone in college once offered him some marijuana and he said no, and he got to thinking about how lucky he was that he said no, otherwise he wouldn't get the job. That made him so nervous that he was flunking the polygraph! Eventually the polygrapher asked what was wrong, brother told the story, and the polygrapher said "well, don't think about that next time I ask the question."

I'm not even sure how that suggestion worked - it's like telling someone not to think about their tongue in their mouth.

Once at my workplace, they gathered us together to give us a stern lecture on not committing a certain type of workplace crime.

Now, I was in a group of 50+ people, not singled out in any way. The crime in question was not something I'd ever committed, was not something that I'd ever been tempted to commit. It wasn't anything that anyone I knew had done. You get the idea.

So, I started to blush, one of those hot almost painful blushes where you're sure that you're turning bright red. I wonder what a polygraph would have shown if I'd been hooked up to one. I think I know.....

That's bull. The MSM has a choice. If there's nothing to report on, there's nothing to report on. That they choose to make up "suspects" (which have they have done repeatedly, in many cases) is their choice, and apparently the successful lawsuits against them for demonizing Jewell, etc. have not taught them anything.

Of course they have a personal choice but what I meant is in the competing news business if one channel doesn’t report on it someone else will. So that’s where the “no choice” comes from. I personally agree with you that it’s stupid and in very poor taste but that’s the way it is unfortunately.

The reward in Abby and Libby's case is just as large and has not succeeded in discovering their killer. Money isn't always the answer to everything.
Agree. Is it enough money to cover your family and possibly extended family relocating to another area? These people are interconnected in ways that as outsiders its hard to understand. They are tied together by blood and business and many have been in the town for many many generations. Not sure $$ trumps blood and business, but maybe I'm wrong.

Not if he got on the interstate and took her out of Iowa...she could be anywhere unfortunately.
Generally, perpetrators don’t like to travel great distances with a body in their vehicle. There are obviously exceptions to this, but if I were a betting man, I’d bet the body is still well within the state (God forbid).

The huge reward has got to draw someone out. It just has to. Otherwise I have to conclude that this is a true "unknown". Seriously. People need and want money. It reaches deep down to make them turn over every rock, look in every nook, every abandoned building, every boxcar, every trailer. Where is she???

Yeah, the huge reward will draw out a lot of scammers who want/need money, to provide false information. The kidnapper(s) is certainly not going to turn themselves in for the reward. It's not impossible the reward will work, but pretty unlikely. It's more a sign of desperation.

That is incredibly odd because of the “reported” (which I understand is unreliable) timing of the possible run! Thanks for bringing it up!

Also, if this was planned, one might "stake out" a spot ahead of time. This is the 19th and the 18th together.

I think with the lack of overall evidence that is available to me, it is causing me to reach a little bit.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 2.18.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 2.18.44 PM.png
    297 KB · Views: 57
  • Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 1.27.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 1.27.56 PM.png
    265.2 KB · Views: 49
Of course they have a personal choice but what I meant is in the competing news business if one channel doesn’t report on it someone else will. So that’s where the “no choice” comes from. I personally agree with you that it’s stupid and in very poor taste but that’s the way it is unfortunately.

I think my parents taught me the problems with the "everyone else is doing it defense" when I was a little kid.

I think it matters where she was taken as to who the perp could be.

As far as who goes to Brooklyn, does it matter? Ted Bundy and Israel Keyes drove or flew all over the USA.

It doesn't matter who goes there, only who was there the night of July 18th. I wonder if the reason they wanted the Casey's general store video is to see who from out of town might have been there in the 12 hours she was most likely abducted. With the Iowa cousins and Abby and Libby's cases both unsolved I do wonder about the same serial killer responsible for all their deaths/disappearances. Imagine if someone that looked like Abby and Libby's killer showed up on that video from Casey's. JMOO. Hopefully they can find Mollie soon and rule that possibility either out or in pretty quickly.

I haven't been on this forum in a long time however the Mollie Tibbett's case brought me right back here. This case hits too close to home. My daughter was in Mollie's dorm at UI. I live in Iowa and have worked in Brooklyn over the past few years. It is a very small close community where everyone knows everyone - the majority of the residents have grown up there and are raising their families in their hometown.

Efforts are still concentrated in the Brooklyn area which leads me to believe LE has some bit of evidence keeping them there. Originally I thought it was human trafficking but now I'm leaning toward something more sinister. I haven't heard anything confirming a red shirt was found. It was announced she was last seen in a black jogging top which was then stated as pink - when questioned, LE stated they would have to check and let the press know.

I haven't been on this forum in a long time however the Mollie Tibbett's case brought me right back here. This case hits too close to home. My daughter was in Mollie's dorm at UI. I live in Iowa and have worked in Brooklyn over the past few years. It is a very small close community where everyone knows everyone - the majority of the residents have grown up there and are raising their families in their hometown.

Efforts are still concentrated in the Brooklyn area which leads me to believe LE has some bit of evidence keeping them there. Originally I thought it was human trafficking but now I'm leaning toward something more sinister. I haven't heard anything confirming a red shirt was found. It was announced she was last seen in a black jogging top which was then stated as pink - when questioned, LE stated they would have to check and let the press know.

By "Efforts," do you mean physical searches? I think someone asked this earlier and I've been wondering that as well.

I find the refusal to take a polygraph highly hinky, given how apparently accommodating he has been with all other LE requests.
I wouldn't agree to one, and I have nothing to hide. We all have a right to refuse a polygraph, and the 5th amendment protects us from incriminating ourselves, even unintentionally incriminating ourselves.

"the connection between him & somebody close to MT" hits a point that I've discovered but can not discuss here. This connection could also explain the substantial Federal Investigator presence IMO.
That would explain why W told reporters that he couldn’t remember their questions. Maybe they asked him not to speak about what they asked him because they were questioning him about what he knew about something or someone else.

the prior stalking convictions should weigh heavily. I wonder what the circumstances of those crimes were. one was very recent, too - 2014!

That would explain why W told reporters that he couldn’t remember their questions. Maybe they asked him not to speak about what they asked him because they were questioning him about what he knew about something or someone else.

These were my exact thoughts on the matter as well. I would imagine LE asked him not to repeat what they spoke to him about, given the tight-lipped nature of the investigation. I also think they were asking him about another person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo