Found Deceased UK - Samantha Eastwood, 28, Stoke-on-Trent, 27 July 2018 *Arrest*

If, they'd been having an affair and he was going off on family holiday the next day. Perhaps, he'd been lying to her, he came round for sex before the holiday and she thinking he'd told the wife asked why he'd not be around for the next 2 weeks.

An argument, a threat to tell the wife and a murder.

This already planned family trip leads me to think there was some pre meditation on MS’s part. Be gone on a family trip by the time she is reported missing? I wonder if the other two were brought in to dispose of her while he left on the family trip, so he could try and secure an alibi for part of the time it would have taken to hide her body? Why the other two would agree to that, idk. But just IMOO that family trip seems like convenient timing.
Didn't a neighbour say he was seen on Saturday (the day after she was reported missing) with JP going house to house locally making enquiries? Perhaps he took his wife away on Friday afternoon then used the search as an excuse to return home to support her brother (Fri night/Sat morn) during which he disposed of evidence and went about presenting himself as a concerned person a la Huntley? I wonder if MS has any children?

I guess this all depends on what sort of person he is, he looks like a normal nice guy but that doesnt mean much. However to threaten someone and then go through with it, and actually move the body suggests this was a cold premeditated attack. If it was accident and he was a stand up he surely would have called the police, left the body where it was and pleaded self defence/manslaughter.

If this also happened in the house, in the day.. and I know that's not confirmed yet, how on earth did he get a dead body out of the house and into his van in such a short space of time in broad daylight.

This is where evidence from neighbours would be vital in confirming his van was up her driveway. Given that she was reported missing the same day, there is a good chance of neighbours remembering this.

This is where evidence from neighbours would be vital in confirming his van was up her driveway. Given that she was reported missing the same day, there is a good chance of neighbours remembering this.

Hopefully the neighbour who heard the scream had a good look out the window. I know I, like others have said, wouldn't have necessarily been alarmed at a scream but I would have been twitching the net curtains. I'm assuming from StreetView that anyone able to hear should also be able to see Samantha's house.

It could be money related because it has not been disclosed whether her purse was found with her or if it has been found at all. My other hunch is that she knew something about him and had threatened to tell his wife. This is based on police searching an empty home belonging to MS grandparent

This is from The Sun (so treat with caution) 2nd August:
Mystery of 'happy-go-lucky' midwife at centre of 'biggest' police hunt

"Yesterday, as police visited the home of John’s sister Katie and her husband Mike, both 32, in Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, next-door neighbour Doreen Nixon, 82, said: “Katie and Michael are really nice people. They went on holiday on Friday.

“But 20 minutes after they left, the police arrived. I last saw Samantha here about a year ago.”

Mike’s Facebook profile carried many pictures of Samantha until mid-afternoon yesterday, when it was abruptly taken down."

I wonder if the pics of SE were group ones or individual. Also to what extent was she still close to JP's sister/husband if she had not visited for over a year. Under normal circumstances it would be completely acceptable for her to cut ties after the relationship with JP broke down.

Also note:
"But police are checking a report that screaming was heard from inside her home at 2pm on the day she disappeared." If this is correct it indicates that an attacker had been allowed inside her home or had entered unlawfully.

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-7_1-14-42.png
    upload_2018-8-7_1-14-42.png
    474.3 KB · Views: 36
Well, there are several things wrong in that report - keys were not left in the car, and it says nothing was missing from the house when we know her purse was gone. They just guess at what they don't know. Look at the references to a "messy" break-up. I've read nothing elsewhere that suggests the break-up wasn't amicable. It's just a lazy trope that a break-up must be messy.

All I've read in other sources is that a scream was heard. Now if someone heard a scream and knew it was coming from inside Samantha's home, isn't it likely that they would have investigated? I think this is another bit of embellishment.

Elderly neighbour says she last saw Samantha at the house a year ago. That doesn't mean S hadn't been there for a year, just that the neighbour didn't see her. Nor that the Stirlings didn't visit Samantha's home, or meet up in pubs etc. It's only six or seven months since S and JP split up, not a year.

So I think you're right to be cautious - take everything the Sun says with a big pinch of salt.

4EE1791300000578-6032147-image-a-38_1533577957411.jpg

The summerhouse does not look well built to me. Since S and JP split there maybe some argument over who is paying for this sub standard construction.

The summerhouse does not look well built to me. Since S and JP split there maybe some argument over who is paying for this sub standard construction.
I totally agree. At first I thought it must be something more sordid, but now I truly believe they had a massive falling out about this summer house. I believe the police had already been contacted about it.

You're right the guttering and roof look really shoddy and uneven.

I just can't in my head connect an argument about a summerhouse to cold blooded murder. Especially as it seems this was pre-meditated and not a spur of the moment thing.

I think there's a lot more to come yet about the dynamics surrounding this whole awful episode.

I totally agree. At first I thought it must be something more sordid, but now I truly believe they had a massive falling out about this summer house. I believe the police had already been contacted about it.

It looks like a new shed under an old roof. Very old roof.

Why would a single person living in an entire house need a shed? Study? Storage? (clean out the garage first IMHO) Airbnb?

Being single is irrelevant. If you've got a garden - especially a large garden like this - you need a shed to store bulky equipment like a lawnmower, garden furniture, perhaps a BBQ. She may have had a bicycle too.

Being single is not irrelevant when it comes to using a shed as a study. Many a self-employed person moves out of the house filled with spouse and children to a work space of their own, but a single person has this space inside the house all to themselves.

I keep the bulky equipment plus the bicycle locked in the garage. Safest place.

IMHO the new shed under the old roof looks like a folly.

If this is the crime scene... it is hard to believe that something about this place was so important that it ended in murder.

What chimpface says:

You're right the guttering and roof look really shoddy and uneven.
I just can't in my head connect an argument about a summerhouse to cold blooded murder. Especially as it seems this was pre-meditated and not a spur of the moment thing.
I think there's a lot more to come yet about the dynamics surrounding this whole awful episode.

BBM

Being single is not irrelevant when it comes to using a shed as a study. Many a self-employed person moves out of the house filled with spouse and children to a work space of their own, but a single person has this space inside the house all to themselves.

I keep the bulky equipment plus the bicycle locked in the garage. Safest place.

IMHO the new shed under the old roof looks like a folly.

I was talking about sheds though, not studies and work spaces. Sure, lots of people use their garage as a storage space but often that leaves no room for the car.

In any case, this has been described as a summerhouse. That's different. It's meant for sitting out in the garden, giving shelter from sun and rain. With our (usually!) uncertain weather, it's a nice facility to have if you like to be outside.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back