Found Deceased UK - Samantha Eastwood, 28, Stoke-on-Trent, 27 July 2018 *Arrest*

I wonder if this could have been an argument about money? Perhaps MS had agreed to do a lot of work on the house and then there was a dispute over the payment.

Perhaps MS used the work as an excuse to get closer to her in order to take advantage of her vulnerable state following her breakup, and when things didn't pan out how he wanted, he may have chosen to silence her.

Photos in the Mail showing John Peake visiting SE’s house to lay flowers. There are photos of the shed, which looks new so maybe the ‘summerhouse’ referred to that MS installed. It doesn’t look as though there are windows in it, and the guttering is very uneven - maybe from the Police search, but possibly installed badly which led to a dispute? MOO is more dynamics involved here beyond just being about money.

Seen the video of JP and GE laying flowers at Samantha’s home. No doubt both of them are grief stricken.

They got into another car together with the police liaison officers. Although no words were spoken, I like to think that GE doesn’t harbour any bad feelings towards JP.

If I were in her shoes and I have any suspicion that JP is to blame, I would make my feelings very clear to the PLOs, “Under no circumstances will I get into the same car with THIS MAN” !!!!!

I'm aware that the police would have used the term as a technicality as all they had at that point was a missing person and the reported threat made to SE but usualy in these circumstances, the police will arrest a person for the suspected "abduction of" or for being involved in "the disappearance of" but rarely if ever in these circumstanes do they use the term kidnapping.

It's definitely cropped up before because I recall similar discussions here. I can't remember which case though, but it may have been the Becky Watts case.

Yes I remember the term being used in Becky's case.
It would've been used in the Becky Watts case as kidnapping is the act of forcibly taking a person against their will for a specific reason or purpose, usually to benifit or gain ie financal gain from a ransom or media coverage to highlight a political issue or as in the Becky Watts case to satisfy a particular sexual fantasy.

Seen the video of JP and GE laying flowers at Samantha’s home. No doubt both of them are grief stricken.

They got into another car together with the police liaison officers. Although no words were spoken, I like to think that GE doesn’t harbour any bad feelings towards JP.

I think this shows how close JP was to SE's family - and remained so, even after SE called off the wedding. How he feels now, knowing that his sister's husband has been charged with her murder, I can't imagine - must be so torn.

It would've been used in the Becky Watts case as kidnapping is the act of forcibly taking a person against their will for a specific reason or purpose, usually to benifit or gain ie financal gain from a ransom or media coverage to highlight a political issue or as in the Becky Watts case to satisfy a particular sexual fantasy.

Unhelpfully the paragraph on kidnapping seems to be missing from this doc:
Offences against the Person, incorporating the Charging Standard | The Crown Prosecution Service

However this shows that definitions are far from simple:
https://assets.publishing.service.g...4612_HC_797_Law_Commission_355_accessible.pdf

Whatever - he's now charged with murder and we must wait and see if any further charges are laid.

I agree. What I can't get my head round is the gap between the wedding being called off (January) and wedding dress being put up for sale (July) and whether all of this is related and something built up over months until exploding on the 27th July?

Remember though we were told Sam was happy and nothing unusual was going on and then today we're told she gave a colleague the heads-up about being threatened and to report it straight away if she didn't turn up for work which they did with the reporting to Police after just 20 minutes of being late.

A lot more to come I think.

Re the wedding dress: Maybe it was too raw to dispose of it earlier and 6 months later (and after the intended wedding date) she had come to terms with the relationship breakdown and was 'moving on' by disposing of it. It is interesting as you say that there is a contradiction between the report of her leaving hospital in a happy mood yet she was clearly at risk.

Re the wedding dress: Maybe it was too raw to dispose of it earlier and 6 months later (and after the intended wedding date) she had come to terms with the relationship breakdown and was 'moving on' by disposing of it. It is interesting as you say that there is a contradiction between the report of her leaving hospital in a happy mood yet she was clearly at risk.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FOGLIGHTINVESTIGATIONS
Back