Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so fitbit location is most likely out. What about ios. Is an iPhone location always recorded.

Also, is there a map that shows a time line to where she was, when she was seen, not seen
No, an iPhone location is not always recorded. You get to choose exactly what apps can use your location, and you can set up the "find my iPhone" so your phone can be tracked, but you have to decide whether to share your location or not. These features typically use the GPS chip (highly accurate) or cell phone masts to provide your location.
Having said that, even if you don't switch these features on, then you still leave a digital trail, as your phone is always trying to find a cell phone tower, but this information is obtained from your cell phone service provide not the device manufacturer.

So, going back to the facts because maybe something will come up.
Mollie Cecilia Tibbetts
Twitter handle-Motibbs Mollie Tibbetts (@Motibbs) | Twitter
FB-https://www.facebook.com/mollie.tibbetts
Father- Rob Tibbetts, married, lives in CA
Mother-Laura Calderwood, divorced from Rob, lives in Brooklyn, IA
Brother- Jake Tibbetts
Brother-Scott Tibbetts
Boyfriend-Dalton Jack
Boyfriend's brother-Blake Jack
Fiance of Blake-Aimee Houghton

Mollie is:
20 years old
student at U of Iowa in Iowa City
brown hair
brown eyes
5'2" 120lbs
wears glasses/contacts
uses fitbit
avid runner
psychology major
intern at childcare daycamp at Grinnell Regional Medical Center
shares car with brother Jake
was best man at father's wedding earlier this year in CA
was supposed to be in Blake and Aimee's wedding/Dominican Republic
was living between her mother's home and house owned by Aimee
camera from elec-coop was broken
video taken from Casey's General store

July 17:
Dalton left to work on a construction site 100 miles away "early morning".
At some point Aimee went to Ames, IA for job and Blake went to be with her (not sure if Blake left on the 17th or 18th)
Mollie was staying in Aimee's house to dog-sit two dogs belonging to Blake and Aimee.

July18:
Mollie went to work, taped by friend and video released of her laughing and sticking out tongue.
Jake picked up Mollie and dropped her off at Aimee's at 5:30pm
Mollie chatted with Dalton on social media and text msg just before she went out for her routine evening jog. Timeline of the disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts
Mollie was last seen at 7:30pm jogging in black shorts, pink sports top and sneakers. She had a cellphone in an armband, fitbit and earbuds.
At 7:30 she texted with mother about items needed for children the next day and asked what was for dinner, mother replied "brats", Mollie responded "ok". MISSING WOMAN: 20-year-old missing in Poweshiek County
At 10pm Dalton opened a snapchat from Mollie, she appeared to be inside but he couldn't be sure and no other details about the snap. What Snapchat can and can't do to help find Mollie Tibbetts
Local hardware store vandalized

July 19-
Dalton sent good morning text, but it wasn't answered
Jake sent a message asking if she needed ride to work, no answer.
Child care center called Jack in the afternoon looking for Mollie.
Jack called her family.
Mollie's mother called LE to report her daughter missing

Possible facts:

Dave Collum: police interviewed him, he was on Mollie's running path. He stated Mollie regularly ran by his home, he didn't see her on the night of July 18th, but stated LE told him she had run by his home. He also states that LE told him Mollie made it home and was studying "late into the evening" on her computer.
Mother of missing Iowa college student recounts last text she sent to daughter

Roger Thompson: says he saw Mollie that night, walking nonchalant.
Neighbor offers new testimony about the night Mollie Tibbetts disappeared

Rob Tibbetts: Feels someone may have misinterpreted relationship and Mollie is still with that person.

WC- Previous hog farmer, has been questioned by FBI, home and land searched, cellphone confiscated for 24 hours, 2 previous stalking violations. (as per Heavy.com)

If you'd like me to add anything, let me know. I'm unsure about when Blake and Aimee left Mollie alone with the dogs, there's no articles that state whether she was alone on the night of the 17th or if it was just the 18th.

Awesome job! In case no one has mentioned, Blake's fiancee' is Allie, not Aimee. I got caught on that one too. So many news reports are calling her Aimee!

You're right but TBH I think he's just simple. The ex on the other hand seems to be craving some attention.

The vid of his ex was also on inside edition as their reporter tried to interview WC but he wouldn’t talk. Is their reporting credible?

I was really shocked to read there are 88,000 active missing persons cases in the States. That’s a heck of a lot of people and their families trying to live each day not knowing where their loved ones are. I didn’t realise prior to following Mollie’s case that there were that many.

NamUs

Don't go there then

What I find fishy is that WC doesn’t remember what they asked him. Really??

I'm on the fence with WC, but I don't buy that. Nobody is going to be interrogated by the FBI for two hours and not remember SOMETHING. They talked to him for 5-10 minutes and he remembered that they asked him to take a polygraph (which he refused) so... Yeah, NO.

From my earlier posts you will know that I, too, find the burglary call about the house on W Des Moines suspicious. If it were a home burglary like most, the person(s) would have parked elsewhere and broke in, stole, and then snuck back to their car. Where they are unknown cars parked on side roads on the 16th? Alternatively, like happened in my town, one person or more will burglarize the house while an accomplice will drive around, staying close by, so as not to draw attention. The driver will then come back when its time for the getaway. Were there any strange cars driving around that night?

Of course, we only know when the burglary was called in, not when it actually occurred ... or the nature of it ... or whether it was resolved or not.

Hmmm, could the thief/thieves have decided to try the bf's house since there were no cars there -- "no one home" -- and then came upon Mollie, panicked, knocked her out/strangled her and then hid her body somewhere? If the thief was on probation (no ref. to WC whatsoever), there would be good reason to panic.

Deja vu. This thread feel just like the Abby and Libby thread a year and a half ago. Exorbitant reward for info that keeps going up. A naive man who gives interviews to the press and ends up being the subject matter of countless posts and threads. Tight lipped LE who basically only ask for tips and give out the bare minimum info. It’s Groundhog Day :(

Yep, and unfortunately id bet this goes unsolved as well. Just like the vast majority of cases.

It's comforting to think LE has all the answers and are close but unfortunately that's usually not the case. They're still grasping at straws in the Delphi case, grasping at straws in Missy Bevers case, and 12 years later have absolutely nothing in the Jennifer Kesse case.

We've seen this story far too many times.

I have seen this 'Norman Rockwell village' description before. Nope.

Norman Rockwell grew up in New York, then Vermont and finally Stockbridge Mass, which in no way is Brooklyn Iowa. Stockbridge is in the Catskills. Iowa doesn't resemble the Catskills.

The reference could mean the Rockwell drawings, which are small town people who lived in Stockbridge. I would never consider a modern Iowa small town like a New England town from the 40s. Maybe I know too much about the nonsense that goes on in towns of any size, or I don't know enough about Stockbridge Mass.

Anyway, if you are ever in the more rural areas of Mass, the Norman Rockwell Museum is really cool.

Think of small Iowa towns as West World, and that is only half in jest. Someone wrote a book about one a few years ago: Methland. The small towns are often dying. No jobs etc. Meth was epidemic in Mizzou and Iowa. So often small towns are struggling.

The educational system is struggling as well. Many, if not all, the kids who grow up in smaller town move out.

Iowa has a population of around 3 million, yet has the 3rd highest number of towns in the country.

Actually Stockbridge is not in the Catskills which are in NY. Stockbridge is in the Berkshires and a half hour from where I live. You are absolutely right that that no, Stockbridge is NOTHING like Brooklyn, Iowa. Stockbridge is an old New England town of WEALTHY people. Yes, it is small town and cozy looking but you are not going to find quaint little farmhouses there. You are going to find larger homes that are on the National Register or the like. But because Rockwell painted small town life for the Saturday Evening Post people link Stockbridge to Rockwell because one of his most famous painting's is of the Red Lion Inn and the strip of stores adjoined to it at Christmas time with cars parked out front. I think one had a Christmas tree on the roof. Google it, I'm sure everyone has seen it before. The red truck and Christmas tree that has been popular at Christmas time the last couple of years is someone else's interpretation of Rockwell's painting. And yes, the musuem is awesome.

If anyone followed the Martha Moxley case they would know who Tommy S was. He lives in Stockbridge. Just so you understand these are wealthy people NOT your every day working class.

Last edited:
Hmmm, could the thief/thieves have decided to try the bf's house since there were no cars there -- "no one home" -- and then came upon Mollie, panicked, knocked her out/strangled her and then hid her body somewhere? If the thief was on probation (no ref. to WC whatsoever), there would be good reason to panic.
True, but as far as we know, there was no evidence of a struggle inside the house, nor forced entry.

He's unemployed:

"A man who lives near the fields and a hog farm in the search area, WC said it doesn't make sense to him that he's been questioned by the FBI at least five times about Mollie Tibbets.

“He wanted me to do a polygraph test or something, and I said, ‘No, I'm not doing it. I have nothing to do with it. I don't think I need to take a damn test,’” WC said.

WC, who is unemployed, has several convictions including stalking and harassment. Charges against him in seven other cases have been dismissed.

“It's bull,” he said. “I don't know how they think I have anything to do with it.”

‘Just hang on’: Mollie Tibbetts’ parents share theory on her disappearance
Thanks!

It's absolutely true. Been in health care for 35 years. For this girl who is going to pay? For practical purposes the administration will call the fmaily.
Wouldn’t mom or dad be the subscriber on the plan?

No, an iPhone location is not always recorded. You get to choose exactly what apps can use your location, and you can set up the "find my iPhone" so your phone can be tracked, but you have to decide whether to share your location or not. These features typically use the GPS chip (highly accurate) or cell phone masts to provide your location.
Having said that, even if you don't switch these features on, then you still leave a digital trail, as your phone is always trying to find a cell phone tower, but this information is obtained from your cell phone service provide not the device manufacturer.

Dear Another-amateur,

Thank you for the generosity of your time explaining this tech information in the above post and earlier.

Greatly appreciated!

So, going back to the facts because maybe something will come up.
Mollie Cecilia Tibbetts
Twitter handle-Motibbs Mollie Tibbetts (@Motibbs) | Twitter
FB-https://www.facebook.com/mollie.tibbetts
Father- Rob Tibbetts, married, lives in CA
Mother-Laura Calderwood, divorced from Rob, lives in Brooklyn, IA
Brother- Jake Tibbetts
Brother-Scott Tibbetts
Boyfriend-Dalton Jack
Boyfriend's brother-Blake Jack
Fiance of Blake-Aimee Houghton

Mollie is:
20 years old
student at U of Iowa in Iowa City
brown hair
brown eyes
5'2" 120lbs
wears glasses/contacts
uses fitbit
avid runner
psychology major
intern at childcare daycamp at Grinnell Regional Medical Center
shares car with brother Jake
was best man at father's wedding earlier this year in CA
was supposed to be in Blake and Aimee's wedding/Dominican Republic
was living between her mother's home and house owned by Aimee
camera from elec-coop was broken
video taken from Casey's General store

July 17:
Dalton left to work on a construction site 100 miles away "early morning".
At some point Aimee went to Ames, IA for job and Blake went to be with her (not sure if Blake left on the 17th or 18th)
Mollie was staying in Aimee's house to dog-sit two dogs belonging to Blake and Aimee.

July18:
Mollie went to work, taped by friend and video released of her laughing and sticking out tongue.
Jake picked up Mollie and dropped her off at Aimee's at 5:30pm
Mollie chatted with Dalton on social media and text msg just before she went out for her routine evening jog. Timeline of the disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts
Mollie was last seen at 7:30pm jogging in black shorts, pink sports top and sneakers. She had a cellphone in an armband, fitbit and earbuds.
At 7:30 she texted with mother about items needed for children the next day and asked what was for dinner, mother replied "brats", Mollie responded "ok". MISSING WOMAN: 20-year-old missing in Poweshiek County
At 10pm Dalton opened a snapchat from Mollie, she appeared to be inside but he couldn't be sure and no other details about the snap. What Snapchat can and can't do to help find Mollie Tibbetts
Local hardware store vandalized

July 19-
Dalton sent good morning text, but it wasn't answered
Jake sent a message asking if she needed ride to work, no answer.
Child care center called Jack in the afternoon looking for Mollie.
Jack called her family.
Mollie's mother called LE to report her daughter missing

Possible facts:

Dave Collum: police interviewed him, he was on Mollie's running path. He stated Mollie regularly ran by his home, he didn't see her on the night of July 18th, but stated LE told him she had run by his home. He also states that LE told him Mollie made it home and was studying "late into the evening" on her computer.
Mother of missing Iowa college student recounts last text she sent to daughter

Roger Thompson: says he saw Mollie that night, walking nonchalant.
Neighbor offers new testimony about the night Mollie Tibbetts disappeared

Rob Tibbetts: Feels someone may have misinterpreted relationship and Mollie is still with that person.

WC- Previous hog farmer, has been questioned by FBI, home and land searched, cellphone confiscated for 24 hours, 2 previous stalking violations. (as per Heavy.com)

If you'd like me to add anything, let me know. I'm unsure about when Blake and Aimee left Mollie alone with the dogs, there's no articles that state whether she was alone on the night of the 17th or if it was just the 18th.

FANTASTIC! Thank you!

There's also Mollie's Instagram Account: Mollie Tibbetts (@motibbs) • Instagram photos and videos

I'm reaching here, but I wonder if they had paid for their airline tickets and hotel room, for the upcoming trip. Paid online?

I don’t think so. First of all, MT’s family reported no signs of a struggle. Nothing was missing. Nothing appeared amiss at all.

Also, usually if home intrusions involve murder, they just leave the body and run. No reason to drag the body somewhere.

Anyway, the dogs would have been let out of the basement. The family pretty much nixed a home intrusion from the start. She would have been safe in the house with those dogs, even with an unlocked house.

I'm on the fence with WC, but I don't buy that. Nobody is going to be interrogated by the FBI for two hours and not remember SOMETHING. They talked to him for 5-10 minutes and he remembered that they asked him to take a polygraph (which he refused) so... Yeah, NO.
Maybe LE told him not to speak to the press or anyone about anything having to do with their conversations, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419