Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this been pointed out?
In this interview from yesterday at 4:57
13Raw: Tibbetts Family Keeping Hope Alive That Mollie Will Come Home Safe

Mollie's mom says "when she left" and then the dad grimaces/reacts with his face and looks at the reporter as if to say "yikes did he catch that?" and then her mom claps her hands like as if to say "oops" and then corrects herself. Was she giving info she wasn't supposed to give?
It just appeared to be a simple slip of how they talk about her "missing" or "left". The worst part is how drained they all look.

I’ll give you a hypothetical: A person decides to confess to the crime. They explain what happened, including when and where. If they tell LE only things that LE knows, then they can conclude that this person is being truthful. “I abducted Mollie at this time, from this location.” This is also true when it comes to tipsters, who perhaps have heard someone confess to the crime. Law enforcement can determine if there is any veracity to the call, based on the timeline that they have kept a lid on.

JMO
Good points. However its always a double edged sword because LE can prevent good solid tips from coming in as well. Especially early on when it was fresh in the locals mind. If we would have at least been told which day and whether it was evening or morning, then the locals could have been thinking of where they were around that day/time and if they remembered anything suspicious.

When they choose to release absolutely nothing they limit themselves and its my belief it can hurt getting good quality tips coming in.

But I do understand they have to be very careful when they elect to release anything. Its always a double edged sword.

Its not like random people who are not guilty rush in to confess to murder very often. That is very much an exception.

I think the exact opposite. He's rather dim and not very eloquent and definitely has a sketchy legal history but the guy voluntarily turned over his cell phone and let police search his house without a warrant and has talked with them without legal counsel present three separate times. I'm not sure what else the guy can do to be up front that he's got nothing to hide.

LE has talked with him several times because it's almost a necessity they do given the coincidence of her digital footprint data trail ending somewhere near his property and his legal past. They wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't look into him. The fact that they've spent so much effort on him and his property and have no charges against him and haven't named him as a POI makes me think it's doubtful he's involved here.
Until they can place him in town on the night/late night/early morning that Mollie went missing, I am reserving judgment. LE had his phone overnight. I'm going to guess they have confirmed his whereabouts at the time that Mollie went missing.

Thank you for the clarification on agents. MOO, it still seems like overkill if the idea is she with an acquaintance involuntarily. I would like to think LE and the FBI took everything so seriously. But 15 FBI agents, isn’t a joke. They have something for that sort of involvement.
You're welcome. I agree with you on all your points. Unfortunately, IMOO it seems like any time members here try to go there (discuss why there seems to be unusually large FBI/LE presence on this particular case of a missing person) the slippery slope of postulations on why devolves into discussions of sex trafficking and serial killers, and mods refer people to forums where those topics are discussed at large, and tell people to keep focused on Mollie and what we do know (my take on this only).

JMO
Good points. However its always a double edged sword because LE can prevent good solid tips from coming in as well. Especially early on when it was fresh in the locals mind. If we would have at least been told which day and whether it was evening or morning, then the locals could have been thinking of where they were around that day/time and if they remembered anything suspicious.

When they choose to release absolutely nothing they limit themselves and its my belief it can hurt getting good quality tips coming in.

But I do understand they have to be very careful when they elect to release anything. Its always a double edged sword.

Its not like random people who are not guilty rush in to confess to murder very often. That is very much an exception.
You’re right. It is absolutely a risk not to release this information, and there is different thinking on it depending who you talk to. Some people in law enforcement believe that this information should be released, others disagree. Yes, people rarely confess to crimes they didn’t commit, especially murder, but it does happen. And my point still stands in regard to tips that may or may not be helpful, especially if a witness has heard someone talking about their involvement in this crime.

I know the public is always or usually the worst to ask because of rumors and that is bad to go on. But what does keeping info from the public do. Just curious.

Wouldn’t mom or dad be the subscriber on the plan?

there are grants for mental health. I know someone that was missing for greater than 30 days. they were in a mental health hospital out of state. local places were looked at but not out of state. their insurance did not reflect any thing had been filed. police was involved fingers were being pointed at spouse and they were found re entering the state with car they were in being pulled over for speeding.

again, not saying that is where she is, but in consideration of her major and future professional plans it would only be smart to not let anyone know IF you did go for mental health treatment.

There is a new Radar Online interview with Mollie’s brother if anyone wants to read it. I got my VPN to work. If you search you will find it.

She’s Fighting Like Hell!’ Mollie Tibbetts’ Brother Shares New Details About Sister

I can’t link it here as it isn’t mainstream media and not allowed.

Until they can place him in town on the night/late night/early morning that Mollie went missing, I am reserving judgment. LE had his phone overnight. I'm going to guess they have confirmed his whereabouts at the time that Mollie went missing.
I totally agree. If you map out WC's house to the house Mollie went missing, it's a straight shot.

Greetings all,
I am just getting up to speed on the case. If already answered, my aplogies.
Does anyone have the engagement announcement for brother BJ and fiance AH?
Is there a newspaper announcement and do we know what date it was scheduled for?
Was it a long-planned destination wedding?
TIA
I think it was supposed to be on Aug 1st? I can't seem to find a definitive date other than an article that stated it was supposed to be on Wednesday in an article dated July 31st.

If LE has a suspect, an alibi that can’t be proved is not going to keep them from hauling him in. A wife, a mother, etc saying “he was hoooome” is not an alibi as such. Was his phone home too? What calls or texts did he make or receive during key periods and where did they come from? Do any cameras show him heading home or away from the area? Etc...just saying an “I was home” is not an alibi until LE has checked various factors.

Anyway...if they have a suspect and they cannot find him...it is long past time to put his face out there, get him found. Teams of LEA’s don’t sit around, hoping to just stumble upon a known suspect, especially when a life could be at stake. I think they may have someone they are looking closely at, but that person is right at home where he should be, not holing up somewhere with Mollie. They hope he will lead them to her body at some point. Jmo

Mollie Tibbetts' dad pleads to tech companies to help him find his daughter

Is Dad implying that Fitbit and Snapchat
1. are refusing to be fully cooperative with the investigation
2. should try harder to get additional information about Mollie's digital footprint
3. should give him information instead of or in addition to the FBI

In order to ask the tech companies to co-operate, you would need to know which apps someone had on the phone, so you would have to go to apple first and I would assume they would be able to produce a list of apps that someone had downloaded from the app store, and it wouldn't be unusual for someone to have 50-100 apps all of which might provide clues.

You would then need to go to each of these companies and ask for help, and as a lot of people don't use their real names when using on-line services, just identifying which account you need the data for, could be hard, as an example snapchat has about 200 million users....

You would end up with a large amount of data, and you are looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack....

Mollie Tibbetts' dad pleads to tech companies to help him find his daughter

Is Dad implying that Fitbit and Snapchat
1. are refusing to be fully cooperative with the investigation
2. should try harder to get additional information about Mollie's digital footprint
3. should give him information instead of or in addition to the FBI

Questions for LE types... Is it more difficult to get digital companies to comply with search warrants when the missing person is an adult vs a minor? Also, I would imagine also that it is easier for a parent to get information from companies directly when the missing person is a child rather than an adult, which of course Mollie is.

Boyfriend, his brother and fiance all lived at the house that Mollie was staying at. The fiance's first name is Allie, not Aimee.
Thank you! I was looking all over for it under the media misnomer. Hence my previously posted questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BabyGhoul