Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, it confirms that nobody saw her since she was seen jogging.
It really doesn't say anything more to me

We know according to posters who use snapchat that the message could have been sent anytime, but it was opened around ten.
I really don't know where the homework thing came from , maybe her computer told LE something.

I just don't know
It also says "No known communication from her after that sighting (jogging)". That speaks volumes to me that she was not online after her run and most likely did not return home, send snap then, or do homework on computer ( a statement that has neither been confirmed or denied here or anywhere).

This was not a random spur of the moment occurrence. The general public should not be afraid per LE. It's not like LE is going to lie because this is a tourist attraction or something! They have knowledge the general public should not be afraid! This is not some lunatic running around just kidnapping people! The general should not be afraid! We should believe that and sleuth from that angle imo.

I've seen too many cases where LE has not warned the public, and it was because they simply didn't know if the public was in danger or not. There is also the victim profile in this case. Mollie could have been targeted by someone she knows, or by a stranger wanting a cute, 20 year old victim. Either way, most people in town do not fit that victim profile. I would think most young women in town are hyper aware now. Also it is dangerous to issue a blanket warning. People get scared and panic, then out come the guns and ends in accidental shootings.

I have been following this thread for the last few days, I’m from the uk so this is the first time I’ve heard of Mollie.
From what I’ve read she doesn’t seem the type of girl to just up and leave of her own accord for no good reason. MOO is she was out running and she’s had an accident or an asthma attack, like someone else has said or she’s been the victim of foul play. If there is still hope of her being found alive I hope she will be and not turn out to be one of the many missing people who are never found.

It also says "No known communication from her after that sighting (jogging)". That speaks volumes to me that she was not online after her run and most likely did not return home, send snap then, or do homework on computer ( a statement that has neither been confirmed or denied here or anywhere).
Remember when the mom said LE asked her if Mollie was in a house at 9:45p.m? I've always thought there was some form of communication at that time. I can't find the link to that anywhere anymore tho.

I apologize ahead of time if this has been stated or covered - and I know there has been LOTS of talk about the red shirt... don't mean to beat a dead horse but this made my ears perk ....

but I was listening to the NG podcast on Mollie and she stated that Mollie had 3 red shirts from the day care and 2 have been accounted for - 1 is still missing. Is that new? I thought the mom confirmed all red shirts she had were accounted for?

Will attach link to the podcast if it allows me to.

Crime Stories with Nancy Grace by Crime Online on Apple Podcasts

thats pretty much all I heard that we hadnt heard before. I believe anyway.

Remember when the mom said LE asked her if Mollie was in a house at 9:45p.m? I've always thought there was some form of communication at that time. I can't find the link to that anywhere anymore tho.

Yes, I do remember that comment.
Can't remember where I read it

I seem to be having keyboard and internet issues, so sorry if this has been covered, but has anyone been able to pull up the official info from the new Mollie website on the two highlighted areas on the right of the map? I know we can kind of figure out what is there, but I feel like they would have said more specific info like the had attached to the other three highlighted dots. I’ve tried to scan through since I was on last and haven’t seen that confirmed.

I have been following this thread for the last few days, I’m from the uk so this is the first time I’ve heard of Mollie.
From what I’ve read she doesn’t seem the type of girl to just up and leave of her own accord for no good reason. MOO is she was out running and she’s had an accident or an asthma attack, like someone else has said or she’s been the victim of foul play. If there is still hope of her being found alive I hope she will be and not turn out to be one of the many missing people who are never found.
For my part, any time you'd run you'd be asking for an asthma attack. A need for inhaler and to sit down.
I noticed her run times were slow and now I know why. But, it also makes me think that there was some other lure to "running" other the dubious "joy" of it when getting overheated triggers attacks as well as being subjected to a ton of allergens along the way.
Maybe she liked a guy on the track team or the coach or an excuse to "run" by his home to see and be seen.

But, as I stated earlier, if your mom's house having hot bedrooms (probably upstairs), triggers it, then FOR SURE, running outside in the summer time will. There must have been some heavy draw for this.

How likely does everyone think it is that the perp cleaned his vehicle on the 19th, specifically the interior and/or the trunk? I think vehicle was cleaned immediately, but I think perp most likely cleaned it himself vs. going to a car wash.

Do most car washes have cameras? Assuming they do, I hope LE is reviewing 07/19 footage from all car washes within X miles to see who spent an inordinate amount of time vacuuming/scrubbing their interior/trunk.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree I thought person known to her but now I'm not sure. I think it would be easier for LE to find her if it were a local involved. Just praying that something breaks soon her family must be drained. My heart breaks for them.

The list of woman and children that just vanish grows every year. It's horrible.
My feeling is that by soliciting information about changes in behavior and such they do not have a POI in mind. It could still be someone known to her in some way but maybe they tracked down everyone they could possibly find with a link to her and got nowhere.

I wanted to make an observation and get some feedback.
DJ noted when he returned to the home at whatever time that was on the timeline, that the dogs had plenty of food and water.
Up thread, people had noted that labs and most dogs will eat constantly if food is available.
So, for an evening, a night, a morning, and up until he arrived, there was still plenty of food left? How darn much did she leave, and why? Is this an indication that she was leaving for a prolonged period of time, thereby indicating prior intent?

Or have I missed this being discussed in previous threads?

BBM
I personally have a lab/great dane mix pup and I have left food for her in the am and she wont eat it if Im not home. If I feed her early enough in the am, she will finish before I leave for work. If I feed her on my way out, she wont eat it till I get back home after work. Not all dogs will eat what is left out - I have a smaller chi/pug mix and she is the same way - she also wont eat her food if its been in her bowl for a couple hours- she doesnt like stale food.

It was stated early on she sometimes used DJ's truck.
I think the family was used to M being self sufficient.

I am the parent who would tell my daughter I'll bring you a brat right over.
I'll grab JT & bring you the car over, no need to stress over a little thing.
But that's the way I am.......

Yeah, it sounds like she was self-sufficient and you do have to give 20 year olds that space. But about using DJs truck...he was out of town. I don't know, perhaps they didn't know or think she was alone?

I apologize ahead of time if this has been stated or covered - and I know there has been LOTS of talk about the red shirt... don't mean to beat a dead horse but this made my ears perk ....

but I was listening to the NG podcast on Mollie and she stated that Mollie had 3 red shirts from the day care and 2 have been accounted for - 1 is still missing. Is that new? I thought the mom confirmed all red shirts she had were accounted for?

Will attach link to the podcast if it allows me to.

Crime Stories with Nancy Grace by Crime Online on Apple Podcasts

thats pretty much all I heard that we hadnt heard before. I believe anyway.

I heard that too, and I think it's inaccurate. According to another article, her mom didn't know if Mollie had a 3rd red shirt. Additionally, it was later reported that Mollie's mom has seen the red shirt that was found and it wasn't Mollie's.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.re...207045/mollie-tibbetts-wayne-cheney-polygraph

“Cheney has not been named a person of interest in the Tibbetts case, but he has had some trouble with the law in the past. CBSreports that, according to Iowa court records, Cheney has been convicted of stalking, harassment, trespassing, and violating orders of protection. He also has charges in seven other cases that have been dismissed.”

Anyone know if the locations on mollie’s website set up by the le are in the vicinity of this hog farm. Also the results of the polygraph? WC seems to have compiled quite a record according to this article.....

Last edited:

It seems like the comment Re: 9:45 p.m. statement was made by MT's mom under duress. It's not a solid piece of evidence to add to the timeframe and IMO she was only being asked because of the snap chat exchange with DJ.

ARTICLE: 'She hated to be sad and hated others to be sad': Brotherly love for missing sister

Her mom also studied psychology at UI. She's taking a measured approach, not giving up hope but not banking on hope, either.

“It’s like a fog,” Calderwood said. “You have so many people coming at you so quickly. It all gets muddied together.”

She took a call from an agent who was trying to determine if Mollie was in a home at 9:45 p.m., “and that was with my morning coffee.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member