Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the last time I'm going to explain it to you. If someone normally has insomnia, no big deal. If the insomnia is new to the person and they have absolutely no reason to develop insomnia (such as a parent who is concerned because they have a teenage daughter, it would be reasonable to expect they could be tossing and turning at night) then that would send up red flags. Like I said, no more replies to you.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOUUUUUUU

Yet they still have not asked people to search their own lands, etc?
I hope this is not another “oversight” that they ask in three more weeks, i.e things they should have said week #1.

From the AP, originally from an interview with Fox news early on and requoted endlessly, everywhere:

“It’s been a whirlwind,” one of her brothers, Jake Tibbetts, told the station. “We’ve gone from sad, to worried, to just anxious and clueless. Up at five in the morning looking for her in every field, every ditch, every creek.”

Way back on the 21st of July, in the Des Moines Register the sheriff said:

"Poweshiek County Sheriff Tom Kriegel "is confident that every home in Brooklyn has been visited. Every farm building, barn and shed in the area has been searched," Heaston wrote."

on the 27th of July, ABC news showed him saying:

"Crews have searched every road, every ditch and every body of water near town", the sheriff said.
On Friday authorities also conducted a large ground search of the areas around Brooklyn -- and at least 250 people came out to help.
In addition, a helicopter and a plane flew over the area, he said, and kayakers searched miles along the small rivers on both sides of town."

@Schmitz5100 said:
This could mean someone who has a reason to come to Brooklyn but does not live there. So does Brooklyn have any kind of business that would draw people to come there to work but not live there? A family member they visit often? What else?
Ragbrai, Little League tournament, other sporting events, community meet, church....

“LE source” = retired agent i.e to me...not L.e on this case. And what that article indicates is basic generic stuff.

I don’t see why the perp should be especially nervous...nothing points to anyone in particular and nothing LE has said shows any indication they have any idea who he is.

If anyone should have been nervous, it was the Delphi killer...but even with the video, he is still anoymous 18 mos later.

Last edited:
@Schmitz5100 said:
This could mean someone who has a reason to come to Brooklyn but does not live there. So does Brooklyn have any kind of business that would draw people to come there to work but not live there? A family member they visit often? What else?

Little League tournament, other sporting events, community meet, church....
Someone with a reason to be there is most likely, but also someone who has had reason to be there and is familiar with the area as a result. I know I’m beating a dead horse with this comparison, but that’s what happened with Vanessa Marcotte. Guy came back to the middle of nowhere and attacked her on his day off. He’d probably seen her jogging in the past and figured he might encounter her again the evening of the crime. I’m not saying it’s likely that happened here, but that’s a perfect example of how a similar scenario could play out.

In towns the size of Brooklyn I can't imagine most residents feeling a need to load their yards with missing person signs since (most likely) everyone knows MT is missing and that LE is on the job.

Agree and if you look very carefully there really were lots of signs everywhere. Some were hard to spot. I saw plenty in peoples yards and in business windows. They were not real large but they were there.

For the homes that did not have any I think a couple things come into play. Some people are probably afraid there is a killer on the loose and dont want to bring any attention to their particular home. And others may be the type that would never put a sign in their yard for any reason.

And like was mentioned everyone in town already knows about the missing girl so some probably feel no need to advertise to other homeowners or other locals who already know.

Someone with a reason to be there is most likely, but also someone who has had reason to be there and is familiar with the area as a result. I know I’m beating a dead horse with this comparison, but that’s what happened with Vanessa Marcotte. Guy came back to the middle of nowhere and attacked her on his day off. He’d probably seen her jogging in the past and figured he might encounter her again the evening of the crime. I’m not saying it’s likely that happened here, but that’s a perfect example of how a similar scenario could play out.

It could be as simple as the perp's parents live in Brooklyn and were on vacation. Perp had their house keys to water plants, collect their mail, etc. while they were gone.

But would someone who works a fair really have good knowledge of the town? They travel every week...seems to me like the cities would all start to run together. Plus the fair wasn’t actually in Brooklynn, right?

Right, the fair wasn't in Brooklyn. Carnival and fair workers have VERY little downtime. It becomes a 24/7 job. When they DO have downtime, it is generally early in the morning. I have known many fair and carnival workers. The exhaustion is real. Many, too, don't even have access to their own vehicles-they carpool in caravans.

Even in a state fair situation, which is more 4-H exhibits than rides, you are still looking at major time sucks. 5-10pm is prime time for them. We just got back from the state fair where we were set up for 3 days. The only time anyone had to themselves was before opening.

@Schmitz5100 said:

Ragbrai, Little League tournament, other sporting events, community meet, church....
Every single business in this town has products delivered by trucks
from outside the area. These trucks may only deliver once or twice a month. Has LE checked these businesses to see who delivered
products the day/evening of the 18th?

“LE source” = retired agent i.e to me...not L.e on this case. And what that arricle indicates is basic generic stuff.

I don’t see why the perp should be especially nervous...nothing points to anyone in particular and nothing LE has said shows any indication they have any idea who he is.

If anyone should have been nervous, it was the Delphi killer...but even with the video, he is still anoymous 18 mos later.
LE stated that there have been "a couple" searches of properties based on tips. No insider knowledge, but maybe his property was one of those searched? That might give him a little reason to be nervous.

“LE source” = retired agent i.e to me...not L.e on this case. And what that arricle indicates is basic generic stuff.

aa a I disagree. Not being the killer we have no idea what makes the one responsible for Mollie's disappearance nervous!

Searches and maps with special spots marked along with video has to mean something to someone. Making them very nervous! The guilty one that is!

Maybe the car wash should be looked at more as who stopped in the parking lot to talk to who? Do we know yet where the kids hangout? In the small town I grew up it was the car wash. Seems strange, yes but there were not many options. Wasn't there mention of something happening at the high school that evening? Maybe the car wash is really JUST for the cameras to see who went by or stopped their cars to chat with one another. That's what kids do in small towns - they drive around on summer evenings and stop at Casey's for snacks and a soda and drop their cars in parking lots and jump in with friends.

If I were LE, I would want to talk to the teens who were out and about that night, not because they might be guilty in MT's dissapearence, but because of what they may have seen while riding around on a hot summer night. What a pity if the kid(s) who saw something significant happen are reluctant to come forward because of their own involvement in a petty crime that night, like vandalizing the hardware store!

There are more than likely serial killers in every state unbeknownst to the public. All you have to do is visit the Charley project, missing persons US map as well as Jane Doe remains maps. There is way too many missing persons/remains in every state along the interstate systems and especially where two interstates junction together. It is quite scary actually.
over 20 years ago two left hands were found on my rd and that was it. nothing more and as far as I know still unknown who the hands belonged to. I hate walking in woods, fishing, all I can think about is with so many people missing how are there not remains being found just all the time all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa