AZ - Kiera Bergman, 19, Glendale, 4 August 2018 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That guy in the video is acting suspicious, nervous. Who is he?
Also that text, I believe, is a smoking gun. Was it really sent? Was it sent from her phone? Where was the phone when it was sent and at what time?

Many times I have read people talk about "missing white girl" syndrome, and wonder why the media doesn't pick up on people of color who go missing, etc. I don't think it has as much to do with what the person looks like, but how much information is actually available to the public to go on. Just look at the landslide of information in some of the cases, like Libby and Abby, or the constant barrage of Shari Papini around the clock information and most recently Mollie Tibbetts.

Here we have a case of a bi-racial 19 year old who it does appear is not getting the national attention that Mollie Tibbetts currently is, and it's really because there has been either conflicting or zero updates on this case. I am not trying to discount "missing white girl" syndrome because at one time, it was a very obvious and real social pattern.

But now when I hear people talk about it, I think to myself that person needs to go look at NAMUS or The Center for Missing and Exploited Kids and see how many people are missing who we have never heard about nationally of every race, creed, sex, age and financial background. Not only would they see the thousands who are missing for decades, but it would probably be depressing and overwhelming. I don't think that boiling everything down to perceived media inequalities is helpful in missing persons and unsolved crime cases. Every case is hopefully taken seriously by the authorities. There just are too many missing and murdered, and once in a while someone who gets the media's eye becomes the "poster child" for a while. Any attention to the missing or murdered is good attention, MOO.

Anyway, end of rant, I just wanted to boot Kiera's case to the top and say I really hope this young woman comes home and all is well with her and her family.

Who is the male in this video who is chronically grooming himself? Is this the boyfriend?

The way he is draped around the roommate I assumed it was her boyfriend. As I said before, something is off with the roommate in that interview. Her eyes read scared, and it kind of feels like a rehearsed statement. I try to be careful about what I say about witnesses. Heck I would probably get up there and fumble fart myself into suspicion if someone recorded me talking in that situation. When I'm stressed I grasp for words mid sentence.

The way he is draped around the roommate I assumed it was her boyfriend. As I said before, something is off with the roommate in that interview. Her eyes read scared, and it kind of feels like a rehearsed statement. I try to be careful about what I say about witnesses. Heck I would probably get up there and fumble fart myself into suspicion if someone recorded me talking in that situation. When I'm stressed I grasp for words mid sentence.
My first impression was that he was just trying to insert himself for his 5 minutes of fame.

I'm still confused as to whether that young man is the other roommate (the ex-boyfriend that moved back in with Kiera and her female roommate). Does anyone know? If so, may explain why she may be being controlled or scared.

From what I can gather, that man in the video is the roommate's, Destiny Hall-Chand, (has different last name on Facebook) long-time live-in boyfriend. Is he the one that gave Kiera the ride home from work the day she became upset and went missing? Question that needs answering.

From what I can gather, that man in the video is the roommate's, Destiny Hall-Chand, (has different last name on Facebook) long-time live-in boyfriend. Is he the one that gave Kiera the ride home from work the day she became upset and went missing? Question that needs answering.

Ohhhh, that would totally fit in with the signals DHC is giving off in that interview!! Gives a whole new meaning to the text message she said Kiera sent about going out with a guy she met at the store too. That text is definitely a look there, not here manipulation. So either DHC is being gamed by someone, or she is in on a cover-up. Which is it? Phoenix PD must suspect something happened in that apartment. You don't send those kind of resources out unless something leads you in that direction?

Ohhhh, that would totally fit in with the signals DHC is giving off in that interview!! Gives a whole new meaning to the text message she said Kiera sent about going out with a guy she met at the store too. That text is definitely a look there, not here manipulation. So either DHC is being gamed by someone, or she is in on a cover-up. Which is it? Phoenix PD must suspect something happened in that apartment. You don't send those kind of resources out unless something leads you in that direction?

We are on the same wavelength. I agree with everything you said.

Many times I have read people talk about "missing white girl" syndrome, and wonder why the media doesn't pick up on people of color who go missing, etc. I don't think it has as much to do with what the person looks like, but how much information is actually available to the public to go on. Just look at the landslide of information in some of the cases, like Libby and Abby, or the constant barrage of Shari Papini around the clock information and most recently Mollie Tibbetts.

Here we have a case of a bi-racial 19 year old who it does appear is not getting the national attention that Mollie Tibbetts currently is, and it's really because there has been either conflicting or zero updates on this case. I am not trying to discount "missing white girl" syndrome because at one time, it was a very obvious and real social pattern.

But now when I hear people talk about it, I think to myself that person needs to go look at NAMUS or The Center for Missing and Exploited Kids and see how many people are missing who we have never heard about nationally of every race, creed, sex, age and financial background. Not only would they see the thousands who are missing for decades, but it would probably be depressing and overwhelming. I don't think that boiling everything down to perceived media inequalities is helpful in missing persons and unsolved crime cases. Every case is hopefully taken seriously by the authorities. There just are too many missing and murdered, and once in a while someone who gets the media's eye becomes the "poster child" for a while. Any attention to the missing or murdered is good attention, MOO.

Anyway, end of rant, I just wanted to boot Kiera's case to the top and say I really hope this young woman comes home and all is well with her and her family.

Here, here! This deserved a real THANK YOU, not just a like IMO. Plus, back up Kiera goes, to the top of our list!

ETA: I tried for 30 minutes to post this yesterday, to no avail - site was not playing nice.

Glad to hear there is some interesting movement...

Kiersten Bragg, Bergman's mother, says her daughter went to work that Saturday morning, and her boyfriend picked her up but she never made it back to their apartment.
Kiera Bergman search: Tips come into Phoenix police, still no sign of 19-year-old.

That would make the boyfriend the last person to see her. Mother says in video that the boyfriend has tried to contact them, but they have told him they don't want any contact with him. I think this is a mistake. Let him tell his story, record what he says. That is what I would do.

I know everyone is over on Shanann’s thread like I have been but I’m hoping they just haven’t read Kiera’s story and the shadiness of it all. We need more brilliant minds digging for her. IMO if the family is refusing contact with the ex I sure hope it’s bc law enforcement or a legal liaison said to handle it that way. I’d be taking him for lunch with a wire, then dinner with a wire and then host him for dessert and lots of wine and wires. Loose lips...

Honestly I'm busy in real life, so I haven't been able to sleuth much. But I've tried to keep this thread on the first page as much as possible. There is something about Kiera that just resonates with me. She was raised in Church, and her family is standing strong in their faith and relying on the power of prayer. I really respect the way they have conducted themselves. No messiness on their part. My heart really goes out to them :(

In the days since her disappearance tips have been coming into Phoenix police.

Police told ABC15 due to the volume of calls they are asking anyone with information to now call Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS.

Kiersten Bragg, Bergman's mother, says her daughter went to work that Saturday morning, and her boyfriend picked her up but she never made it back to their apartment.
Kiera Bergman search: Tips come into Phoenix police, still no sign of 19-year-old.

That would make the boyfriend the last person to see her. Mother says in video that the boyfriend has tried to contact them, but they have told him they don't want any contact with him. I think this is a mistake. Let him tell his story, record what he says. That is what I would do.
I wonder why they don't want to talk to him. Do they maybe feel he has nothing to do with the disappearance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa