Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
They also needed the publics help or they would not of put out 5 areas of focus and asked for tips 3 weeks later about it.
They said they needed tips 5 weeks later and created a poorly constructed web site to gather them. Who knows what they were fishing for at that point, and whether something about the investigation made it a good idea to ask at that point. A knee jerk reaction to criticize LE in the midst of what is seemingly a fairly successful investigation is unwarranted. I know all the sleuthers want to be part of the outcome and kind of resent it when LE is reserved about information and solves the case themselves, but it's not wrong if they get the right outcome.

They said near Iowa. Or some speculate they meant near Brooklyn. Seems a little far ,no?

KIMT News 3 said that "according to the Iowa DCI, a body was located by law enforcement authorities in rural Poweshiek County".

That was posted on KIMT News 3 Twitter. Am I ok to quote it? Not sure about linking

KIMT News 3 on Twitter

<mod added link>

Last edited by a moderator:
They said they needed tips 5 weeks later and created a poorly constructed web site to gather them. Who knows what they were fishing for at that point, and whether something about the investigation made it a good idea to ask at that point. A knee jerk reaction to criticize LE in the midst of what is seemingly a fairly successful investigation is unwarranted. I know all the sleuthers want to be part of the outcome and kind of resent it when LE is reserved about information and solves the case themselves, but it's not wrong if they get the right outcome.
It is fine we just disagree, I think le did a bad job. However that dont matter right now. So I am moving on.

On this very sad morning I want to express that I deeply appreciate everyone on Mollie's thread.

Your insightful posts have taught me so much.

Most importantly it is your deep compassion and caring for others that has been so moving and heartwarming over the past weeks.

You have all proven to me that humanity is well and alive and everywhere!

Thank you all so much. I've felt honored to be on Mollie's thread with you.

We don't know how they handled it all, we were only privy to things they said in press conferences, and basically nothing else. People have speculated up the wazoo, as is typical, but what we actually know about the investigation is precious little. And that's how it always is in criminal cases. The public will never be told more than is absolutely necessary. Curiosity isn't a right to know.

Well said!

They are doing a bad job of employing the public's help, but maybe that's not what they needed. They have recovered her within a month. If they successfully determine what happened and catch a perp (if there is one), then job well done, it doesn't matter if it didn't go the way you wanted it to.

With a case like this its it's so important not to contaminate evidence. What everyone (public) has done by spreading information on social media, putting up fliers etc. has been a tremendous help especially for her family.

I know it's hard to sit by and wait and not actually be out searching but that was the best thing they did was stop the civilian searchers.

I pray when they do narrow this down as to who is responsible they will have a solid case for how they handled this investigation.

Just heartbreaking

I
I know that many people are disappointed with LE because I think it's human nature to want to know all the details, we're curious and wanted to know more. But, I truly think that they had reasons for keeping so much quiet. Also, it's not lost on me days after the father goes home they find his baby. It's all just so sad.
I think him going home was a decoy of sorts. No way you go home after 5 weeks and not know where she is. No way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member