Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully, sig

Hopefully, significant info about the perp, and not limited to body located. Interested in finding out, HOW this d

From a retired LE person, LE greatly appreciates your supportive sentiments.

I have spent most of my time, on this site, defending their integrity. From absolutely baseless criticism, IMO.
Just today, upon this heart breaking development, a poster said that LE WAS SELFISH in this investigation! A cheap shot, if I have ever heard one! The poster misses the whole purpose of this investigation. It Is for the apprehension of this non-human being; not to provide a "play by play" reporting, like a sporting event.
Yes, it is a very very sad day...in many respects.
So many times these people are forgotten. I'm going to send them a note of condolence. Thank you for reminding me to remember them as well.

Can someone tell me the source of the Medical Examiner only just arriving? The news that Mollie’s body was found first broke over 3 hours ago. Why would the Medical Examiner only just be arriving?

It’s for certain there will be far more than one medical expert attending the scene including forensic pathologists who will all meticulously examine both the body and the scene prior to transport. Isn’t it possible the local ME was called within minutes of LE’s discovery and made the official Id and now it’s other forensic pathologists arriving in the standard type white van from further away that the mistaken assumption of the ME just arriving is being based on?

Last edited:
I wonder if the No Flight Zone is so that LE can put drones up for surveillance in the area??
As per the FAA notification, only relief flights authorized by Iowa Patrol are permitted in the restricted zone from surface to 2000 feet AGL (Above Ground Level) so your drone idea might apply (0 to 2000 feet).

Can someone tell me the source of the Medical Examiner only just arriving? The news that Mollie’s body was found first broke over 3 hours ago. Why would the Medical Examiner only just be arriving?

It’s for certain there will be far more than one medical expert attending the scene including forensic pathologists who will all meticulously examine both the body and the scene prior to transport. Isn’t it possible the local ME was called within minutes of LE’s discovery and made the official Id and now it’s other forensic pathologists arriving in the starboard white van from further away that the mistaken assumption of the ME just arriving is being based on?
Possibly securing and collecting evidence first?

It’s for certain there will be far more than one medical expert attending the scene including forensic pathologists who will all meticulously examine both the body and the scene prior to transport. Isn’t it possible the local ME was called within minutes of LE’s discovery and made the official Id and now it’s other forensic pathologists arriving in the starboard white van from further away that the mistaken assumption of the ME just arriving is being based on?
I'm guessing here, but perhaps the ME is only just arriving to remove the body for autopsy after the scene has been examined thoroughly by others. Remember, this is Iowa. The ME is probably going be a doctor who serves as ME as needed, not full time. Just a guess.

Sounds like LE got the information as to where she would be found. They didn’t just suddenly decide to look there at 3 am!!!

They've been focused on this general area for about 3 weeks, since the day they said they got phone data back. So it seems likely they knew she was there. Just really hard to find a body in that area.

There may have been others already on scene, but it was KCCI Reporter Tommie Clark who was live when one came past her. So I think some are just guessing it may have been the first. No confirmation if it was, though.

You can check her Twitter @TommieClarkKCCI for more information and time stamps.

You want a great ME in this case. The feds probably flew someone in.

O

It is not closed now but will be in about 2 hours. There eill be relief aircraft. What are they hauling out of there. A body would be a small thing. And it’s closed for two nautical square miles at 2:20 this afternoon their time. That’s in a couple hours. It appears to be to far off the road to have been a car accident. At least where LE was seen walking on KCCI this morning. Mitt appears they are being very methodical about removing her remains. That’s good. There is a creek running very clean se to that area but it looked as though they were in a small hill.

I got it. The air space closure is because someone flew a drone overhead I guess being my age I don’t think in those terms
small_8_3346.gif

Media helicopters as well. They obviously don't want media recording them recovering the body.

So a lot of y'all are saying this is the location her tech was pinging around. if they knew this location where her body is found, how come they didn't find her earlier?? Confused.

It's remote, it's planted with crops, it's a good place to hide a body. There is a reason they build mazes in corn fields. The digital footprint is in the general area, but the perp was not kind enough to leave a GPS locator with the body. Better question is how did LE find a body in the middle of nowhere crop land?

Tue 8:06 AM, Aug 21, 2018

Medical examiner arrives on rural road south of Brooklyn

Medical examiner arrives on rural road south of Brooklyn

TV9 tried to use our drone, but there is currently a flight restriction in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419