CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
PommyMommy said:
@Hazelnutty

The #Watts defense team was in the Frederick, CO house for several hours collecting their own evidence. They left with boxes and bags of evidence presumably for their case.
View attachment 144834
Omar Villafranca on Twitter

Something so evasive about that image. I know the defense has a job to do but it still bothers me to see them gather items up (on the direction of CW's story likely) and marching off with their bins of SW and the little girls items in them.

I know. It's very odd. Makes me feel unsettled. Like did LE investigate enough and go through everything they could? It seems like they barely didand I don't recall anything at all being taken out of the house by LE.

Then the defense team comes and empties the house. I've never seen anything like it.

Where are the accounts coming from, though? From SW? His parents? They are committed to a myth. They are invested in thinking of him that way.

The same thing was said about the Harts....
Not just family and SM, almost everyone that has spoken to media or on SM has said the same things about him being a loving father and husband

I feel sorry for Deeter he has lost his family and likely loved Shannan, Cece and Bella. I hope the rest of his life is happy.

I have no doubt that dog is being showered with love now, he's the last thing they have right now to remind them of the beautiful family that was tragically taken from them. That dog is probably being spoiled and been given the love they wish they could be giving to SW and the girls now.

I think that it was after he left for work (or whatever) on the Monday morning, but I have to think that the neighbours who did must have some inkling that things were not right.
It would not occur to me to call the police if a dog had been howling for a couple of hours unless the owner was elderly and lived alone.
I just found the original article on Radaronline, but it’s Radaronline so I won’t link, but it’s poorly written. It was on Monday, but it doesn’t say what time. The way she described the howling, she did think something was wrong.

I'm not pointing or arguing about the termination of pregnancy charge. Plain as plain the charges cite unlawful termination of pregnancy as the CAUSE of SW's death. No way that charge can be construed to say her death resulted in pregnancy termination. If the latter were the case, there's presumably nothing to prevent the charge document from saying so.
Suggest you find and listen to the prosecutor reading and explaining the charges. It’s all explained as people on here have been saying

Not just family and SM, almost everyone that has spoken to media or on SM has said the same things about him being a loving father and husband
All of the family annihilators have that in common. You might remember our last big murder and suicide case in Margaret River. He also was described as a great family man and yet he murdered his wife, daughter and her four children.

Do we know what these oil tanks look like? Can we figure out his route?

Edited: I see from here what those tanks look like: Shanann Watts’ girls may have been dead when she got home, husband’s charges show

Also, in that same article, the charges against CW are listed, and it's quite clear that: "the woman died as a result of the unlawful termination of pregnancy".

To me, this does NOT mean she died and thereby her pregnancy was terminated. It quite clearly says the reverse.

This sounds to me like the method was not strangling or suffocation (at least at the mouth).

CW could have sat on SW's belly? Crushed her lungs? Hit her?

No. The DA was clear about what it meant. The wording of the charge is confusing. But the DA clearly stated that the charge was because by killing her he also terminated the pregnancy.

Is this the only article about Deeter? I would still like to know what time this dog well-check took place. Has anyone seen this reported elsewhere?

Neighbor says Chris Watts “cared more about the dog” than pregnant wife and 2 toddlers he allegedly killed
“It was like he was being punished or hurt or something,” the neighbor said. He was just howling. Because we had a dog, I said, ‘What the hell is that all about? So we called the police and asked them to check on the dog. And it turned out that he was OK. They did a wellness check on the dog.”

ETA: Dogs don't lie.

as to the bolded, not true. Our fat corgi-chihua LIES. He tries to pretend I didn't feed him and tries to get hubby to feed him when he comes home. He is a big fat liar...

Sadly, I don't even care how he acted afterwards... I can't get over the evil frame of mind to kill your own little girls... be mad at the spouse, have an argument, a fight, but why the little kids? They never did or said anything to warrant death. Just so upsetting and the more I think about this case, the more sad I get.

It says the police did a check, and Dieter was okay in the article. I don’t think I’m understanding you. I’m sorry.
But he’s great now, SW’s brother posted pics on FB, and he seems happy.
“So we called the police and asked them to check on the dog. And it turned out that he was OK. They did a wellness check on the dog.”
“I don’t know if at the time of the murders, if the dog was in the house,” Hallowell said, suggesting that the killer “may have put him outside at the time or something.”
The poster is asking when the check on the dog happened. Was it Sunday evening, Monday morning, Sunday at 2am etc etc

Sadly, I don't even care how he acted afterwards... I can't get over the evil frame of mind to kill your own little girls... be mad at the spouse, have an argument, a fight, but why the little kids? They never did or said anything to warrant death. Just so upsetting and the more I think about this case, the more sad I get.

Great post. You are correct. It shouldn't matter how he acted afterwards. [although it does bother me to no end.]

It is a very sad and depressing case.

We don't know whether or not there were copious amounts of blood.

CW could have sat on her belly? And thereby crushed her lungs?

I don't think there were copious amounts of blood. They never locked down the crime scene at first look. Even if he tried to clean it all that first night, I think they would have seen traces if there had been a very bloody crime scene the night before. JMO

I know. It's very odd. Makes me feel unsettled. Like did LE investigate enough and go through everything they could? It seems like they barely didand I don't recall anything at all being taken out of the house by LE.

Then the defense team comes and empties the house. I've never seen anything like it.
What did C.W. tell them was in there, is what I’m thinking.

I don't think there were copious amounts of blood. They never locked down the crime scene at first look. Even if he tried to clean it all that first night, I think they would have seen traces if there had been a very bloody crime scene the night before. JMO
Yes, the affidavit even states that when they did their walkthrough with CW on Monday afternoon, they inspected the bedsheets on the floor and found no evidence of foul play (I'm no sure of the exact wording, but they did mention checking the sheets out and finding nothing alarming - which a lot of blood would be)

And she did all this when he left the bedroom for a moment.

He left the bedroom for a moment, then happened to look at the baby monitor, and see one of the babies turning blue, and the other being strangled. yea, right...

When your spouse goes to check on the babies, do you feel the need to look at the baby monitor? Probably the only time I didn't check the monitor was when hubby went to the room to check on them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member