CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently on SW Facebook page it starts at June 28th, 2018.
Did you see the June 30th post you reference above prior to her account being put into legacy mode?
Also, whoever modified the SW Facebook page and removed all the posts made after June 28th, 2018 up until to date, I wonder why the photo of the covered doll is still in SW photos album dated Aug 9, 2018 under SW photos but the actual post has been removed. It must be an oversight on that person's part and the person who deleted the posts after June 28, 2018 didn't realize they needed to delete the photo as well.

No, I didn't see it, but I didn't look.

However, I did read if you search the words Shanann Watts videos on FB that a ton more videos come up that are not seen in her profile. Wondering if it might be the same for posts.

The doll pic was not the last thing posted. There were several posts before and after that. I saw more posts, this is not heresay. I was not friends with CW, on Facebook, but am friends with some that were, they said his account was deleted 7 days prior to SW was missing. This was when they were both in NC.
I think you’re right. I thought I saw a video of her saying she couldn’t wait to get home to C.W. and the kids when she was about to leave AZ.

BabyButterfly said:
The doll pic was not the last thing posted. There were several posts before and after that. I saw more posts, this is not heresay. I was not friends with CW, on Facebook, but am friends with some that were, they said his account was deleted 7 days prior to SW was missing. This was when they were both in NC.

Are you saying that CW deleted his Facebook account when they were both in NC?
What were the dates SW was in NC?
What days did CW join SW in NC?
What day did SW return to CO?
What day did SW go to AZ?

Is there a good possibility for a gag order? If there was a gag order how does that work?

The gag order would prevent the parties from speaking to the public (including the media) about the case. It’s used to prevent pre-trial publicity. Being that the only inside information we have has come from the court filings and the arrest affidavit, and with the exception that we may not know what caused the defense to file the latest motion, I don’t see what a gag order would do. That may change if we are given the opportunity to review the motion.

All likely going into tanks... SW eventually too difficult to get in there and maybe running out of time.
I asked my husband about Chris being able to put SW in oil tank. He worked for 35 years in the oilfield in various positions. One of his jobs was a pumper, now called field tech. Anyway, very familiar with daily operations. He said it is not possible to put a grown person into an oil tank through the top hatch. It is not large enough. He said there is another hatch near the tank bottom where could have put a body in. But it would have taken a lot of work and time to do it. He also said, and this is quite morbid, he could have put dismembered body parts in through the top hatch. But, that would also have taken time. If he had not been interrupted by SW's friend, he might have done something besides burying her in a shallow grave. I think this was premeditated all right. But perhaps he wasn't planning on doing this when he did. Something set him off and he killed her. Then he had to hurry to get everything done before reporting to work.

Pommy,

I was looking for signs of internal conflict, any signs of emotional guilt, repression of anger, hostility or rage. All in all, I was simply left with the impression that he's just another average guy who thought he was smart enough to get away with telling his lies. I didn't see any overt signs of any of these I mentioned.
Thank you. You have been most helpful. :)

I asked my husband about Chris being able to put SW in oil tank. He worked for 35 years in the oilfield in various positions. One of his jobs was a pumper, now called field tech. Anyway, very familiar with daily operations. He said it is not possible to put a grown person into an oil tank through the top hatch. It is not large enough. He said there is another hatch near the tank bottom where could have put a body in. But it would have taken a lot of work and time to do it. He also said, and this is quite morbid, he could have put dismembered body parts in through the top hatch. But, that would also have taken time. If he had not been interrupted by SW's friend, he might have done something besides burying her in a shallow grave. I think this was premeditated all right. But perhaps he wasn't planning on doing this when he did. Something set him off and he killed her. Then he had to hurry to get everything done before reporting to work.
The fact that Shanann wasn’t put in the tanks with her kids, definitely sounds like a logistical issue to me, so what you say makes sense.

Digging a grave takes far more time and effort than the alternative. So for me, it comes down to the hole not being big enough, or him being unable to carry her (less likely).

A great book about how we can have mild, overlapping disorders is called:
"Shadow Syndromes: The Mild Forms of Major Mental Disorders That Sabotage Us" by Ratey and Johnson

My sister kept it on her coffee table for the world to see. It was full of colored Stickies that had our family members' names posted on multiple syndromes as "diagnosed" by my sister.

Love it! I'd probably have a field day with this book, might be best if I didn't read it. :)

Yeah. She was trying to figure out what the defense might use in an effort to sell their scenario that Shanann did it.

A guest suggested that the fact that Shanann made no posts on her trip (she usually made multiple), and the fact that her friend said that she was not feeling well, the defense could try and spin that in their favor, and perhaps say that she was behaving strangely. This could also benefit the prosecution as well.

That seemed to be the best they could come up with, so good luck Mr Watts.
In favor of the Prosecution:
-Shannan made no posts on her trip because she found out the man she adored, who was the father of her children was fooling around and wanted a separation and she didn't have the energy to post on SM like she usually did on her trips away.
-Shannan was not feeling well because her world was turned upside down. She's pregnant (a decision we *think* they made together) has two small girls, she has Lupus and now her husband wants a separation? WHILE SHE's PREGNANT? How cruel.
-Are there any cases we know of where pregnant women have murdered their living children because they "snapped"?

This is just my opinion.

I believe she said that this week; however, that was after the Court’s Order, which would also be after the Defense’s motion. So AB’s comment(s) are probably not what the Defense is questioning. I do agree that the prosecution’s office should not be speaking to AB.

The prosecution can only control leaks from its office; also, the Rules of Professional Conduct do not apply to the jail’s employees or LE. The Motion highlights a violation of CO RPC 3.6 and 3.8. These deal with duties owed by attorneys and additional duties owed by prosecutors.

I am also an unverified attorney (waiting on Tricia to verify me).

Thanks for coming on board!!!

In favor of the Prosecution:
-Shannan made no posts on her trip because she found out the man she adored, who was the father of her children was fooling around and wanted a separation and she didn't have the energy to post on SM like she usually did on her trips away.
-Shannan was not feeling well because her world was turned upside down. She's pregnant (a decision we *think* they made together) has two small girls, she has Lupus and now her husband wants a separation? WHILE SHE's PREGNANT? How cruel.
-Are there any cases we know of where pregnant women have murdered their living children because they "snapped"?

This is just my opinion.
I completely agree with you, and I don’t think so. We hear about it during postpartum depression but nothing like this (while pregnant).

She could have had numerous red flags and I wouldn’t believe his fairytale for a second.

What stories? Nothing new has come out since the affidavit!

All the media noise about affairs and what's going on at the jail, etc. The defense is reacting to something leaked. Unfortunately we just don't know what that is.

I would guess though that it is definitely not the item about the jail which the defense, IMO, probably leaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member