Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids get sick all the time, some more than others. Maybe Shanann was a hypochondriac, but there is absolutely no evidence of something nefarious going on. These kids had normal illnesses and conditions, and there is nothing to indicate that she was hurting them intentionally.

I’ve done quite a bit of reading on Munchausen by proxy, and there are no parallels here. Using some videos, and the knlowledge that the kids tended to get sick, is beyond a flimsy argument.
Yes, I worked in a doctors surgery for years, there were kids who came in once a year and there were other families who brought their children in if they vomited after eating too much party food or if the had mosquito bites.

IMO Perhaps he didn’t want them with the mother for a reason. They were in a blanket perhaps he couldn’t stand to put them in the ground . There was a difference of disposal which could be an indication of reasoning I’m not a psychological profiler nor a criminologist so I don’t feel comfortable stating facts about why that could be as a fact.
I think the difference in disposal came down to a logistical issue. The behavior of placing the kids in separate tanks doesn’t make a lot of sense to me, unless there was some reason related to the tanks themselves.

The mother being buried instead of placed in a tank was likely also logistical. She was heavy, or she wouldn’t fit. I don’t think this was some sort of psychological response by C.W., but rather, a practical one. What that is, I don’t know.

Hi, all! First time posting... I have been hearing about an incident that happened while she was on her trip, but I am not familiar with it. Is the 'peanut confrontation' the same incident? If so, can you explain what that incident was?

Thanks in advance!
It is alleged that the MIL left nuts out within reach of the child who was allergic to nuts because she did not believe that the child was allergic. Not her call IMO.

It's a good thing we have these videos to analyze after the fact, because her doctors and the girls' doctors may have never noticed or diagnosed the Munchhausen by proxy.

Seriously? Is that where you're at?It had never crossed my mind. ( would have to look it up - only followed one infamous case, decades ago.)

By all means, consider that CW's version of events is true. I am sure LE is doing due diligence on that as well.

However, CW's subsequent actions are not those of someone who is telling the truth. They are not the actions of a devastated father and husband who lost his entire family in some moment of mutual madness. Imo, his actions are in line with those of a man who murdered his family and was hoping to get away with it.

Perhaps SW was at times a frustrated mom and wife. Perhaps she was at times a high strung and overprotective mom. Maybe she was not nice to everyone 100% of the time. I guess I am going to diagnose her as a human woman. I'm not inclined to use that as credible evidence that she's the real murderer here when compared to the only person in this scenario we know for sure did kill someone.

My opinion only...

As a grandmother would you take that chance, to prove your daughter in law, wrong?
No but, my granddaughter is allergic to eggs, and I was taught to make mashed potatoes with a raw egg. I made them one night, leaving out a portion for my granddaughter without egg. I told my daughter in law. She made the plate for my granddaughter. When we were all eating she asked if the potatoes had egg, I said yes, they did, and she became furious with me. It was awful. I’ve never made them with egg since.

The lemon merigune ones do. Clearly stated on the packaging. The other three flavours appear not to contain nuts.

Can’t seem to find a link to the lemon meringue ingredients but I trust you.

So I’m on my phone and can’t figure out how to link a FB video. But there is a video called “kids try new ProBar lemon meringue and cookies and cream”. Is this what people are taking about? That one of the girls had an allergy and they didn’t know but she ate the probar?

I think she had a lively personality and might have been wound up after just arriving back home after weeks away, mom just left for a weekend away, they had a babysitter one night and then a birthday party the next day, dad is on his own with the kids after a long time of "batch'ing it" (living as a batchelor).

While I don't know if this is a fact, I can easily imagine difficulties at the dinner table. Absolutely no excuse for violence, of course, but I am starting to wonder if he lost his patience with one of the girls at dinner time (and thus his statement he wishes the girls were home so he could tell them to finish their dinner).

jmopinion at the moment, subject to change, might not match others' opinions.

IMO he seems to be the parent with more patience, from what I observed in the videos on SM. I know there could be more we don’t know, and the videos are only a small window into their lives.

Hi, all! First time posting... I have been hearing about an incident that happened while she was on her trip, but I am not familiar with it. Is the 'peanut confrontation' the same incident? If so, can you explain what that incident was?

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to WS!

Seriously? Is that where you're at? It had never crossed my mind. ( would have to look it up - only followed one infamous case, decades ago.)

No, definitely not. It was a bit of dry humor because the latest from the thread and video analyzing was the Munchhausen questions. I'm going to have to sit on my hands at the ridiculousness of some of it or I'm going to get put on timeout.

Cshea - i read that without seeing the Tricia word at the bottom and thought Oh, she's calm & sensible, taking charge, she should be in admin here.:D
Then I saw it's a paste!

Sorry about that. I didn't have a print screen and not quite knowledgeable on how to post correctly. Its embarrassing to admit it took me 10 minutes to get my llama added. LOL

It is alleged that the MIL left nuts out within reach of the child who was allergic to nuts because she did not believe that the child was allergic. Not her call IMO.

Is this another time cos I saw Shanann say MIL was giving her other grandchild ice cream with nuts in it while her girls were there..When Shanann said that was unfair her MIL said they have to learn they can't have everything they want..Shannan rightfully got pissed & they left.

I watched the Christmas video, and it was quite disturbing. Christmas is supposed to be fun, and that sure wasn’t fun for any of them. I can understand why SW kept pushing it forward, it was Christmas, she’d put so much effort into it, she was trying to make everyone happy, her parents were on Skype at the time, but it was a bomb! So why post it on fb? I don’t get that part.
I'm trying to catch up with this case and have just seen the Santa Claus video. I agree, it was obviously very upsetting to the children. Christmas is for family, fun, and opening presents! A stranger at the door, even though Santa, can be very frightening. Especially one who looks like that. The Mall Santa killer looked friendlier than he did. It seemed confusing to the kids, one even said Daddy's home, as soon as he left. Did they think he was their father? Was he? If so, no wonder they were so upset. The children did not seem to feel comfortable being encouraged to speak or do anything at all in front of the camera. Sometimes it's time to put aside the first plan and go right to plan B when it comes to small children. Just my observations. I would like to see the squirt gun video, but it said I would have to join Facebook. Is there another way to see it? Are there any drugs involved in this case? Haven't had time to read everything, but I'm just curious.

Sorry about that. I didn't have a print screen and not quite knowledgeable on how to post correctly. Its embarrassing to admit it took me 10 minutes to get my llama added. LOL

I liked it - don't apologise.
It's nice to find some humour , even if I am laughing at myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993