Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
By all means, consider that CW's version of events is true. I am sure LE is doing due diligence on that as well.

However, CW's subsequent actions are not those of someone who is telling the truth. They are not the actions of a devastated father and husband who lost his entire family in some moment of mutual madness. Imo, his actions are in line with those of a man who murdered his family and was hoping to get away with it.

Perhaps SW was at times a frustrated mom and wife. Perhaps she was at times a high strung and overprotective mom. Maybe she was not nice to everyone 100% of the time. I guess I am going to diagnose her as a human woman. I'm not inclined to use that as credible evidence that she's the real murderer here when compared to the only person in this scenario we know for sure did kill someone.

My opinion only...
With the information we have now, CW was the one who was the cheater. CW was the one who seemed less than enthusiastic in the videos. CW was the one who lied to the police and the whole world. CW was the one who attempted to cover up the crime. We know SW knew something about the affair before that fatal night, she’d told her family and friends she suspected him. She also told them about a possible separation, so CW telling her he wanted a separation that night couldn’t have been so shocking it would send her off on a murdering rampage. I guess there is a possibility that CW may have said something so devastating, so hurtful to SW that she ran to the children’s rooms and strangled them to get back at him, but telling her that he wanted a separation wouldn’t be enough to evoke that response. She already knew that.

If you can upload that video, I would be grateful to see it ( unless it's already been linked here.) I have had difficulty trying to work out which child had which illness ( of the 4/5 maladies) so far, and how they would be compared to medical bills compared to another video where Shan says she has been blessed to have perfectly healthy kids.
I don't know which video it was in.

Why are we now speaking of Shanann as having psychological diseases? Does that make some difference to why she was murdered and buried in a shallow grave?. And why her children were dumped in crude oil?

Also, what's the children being sick often got to do with it too?

My two when young were constantly sick...one was croup..the other chronic tonsillitis..and both running fevers every month or so....

PS) Don't know what's harder...those times or the current teen years :confused:

FYI, not sure if you guys know that Munchausen (MSbP) has pretty much been renamed Factitious disorder imposed on another (FDIA or FDIoA).

Fictitious Disorder (Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy) | Cleveland Clinic

“Factitious disorder imposed on another (FDIA) formerly Munchausen syndrome by proxy (MSP) is a mental illness in which a person acts as if an individual he or she is caring for has a physical or mental illness when the person is not really sick.“

——-

“The correct name for MSBP is now factitious disorder imposed on another (FDIA). If the person invents illness for themselves, this is factitious disorder imposed on self (FDIS). The disorder has also been known as fabricated illness (FI).“

What is Munchausen syndrome by proxy?

Last edited:
Also, what's the children being sick often got to do with it too?

My two when young were constantly sick...one was croup..the other chronic tonsillitis..and both running fevers every month or so....

PS) Don't know what's harder...those times or the current teen years :confused:

Agreed, not sure what the relevance is with them being sick. Are folks trying to make the connection that the children being sick is a motive? For CW? For SW? It's confusing IMO

I'm trying to catch up with this case and have just seen the Santa Claus video. I agree, it was obviously very upsetting to the children. Christmas is for family, fun, and opening presents! A stranger at the door, even though Santa, can be very frightening. Especially one who looks like that. The Mall Santa killer looked friendlier than he did. It seemed confusing to the kids, one even said Daddy's home, as soon as he left. Did they think he was their father? Was he? If so, no wonder they were so upset. The children did not seem to feel comfortable being encouraged to speak or do anything at all in front of the camera. Sometimes it's time to put aside the first plan and go right to plan B when it comes to small children. Just my observations. I would like to see the squirt gun video, but it said I would have to join Facebook. Is there another way to see it? Are there any drugs involved in this case? Haven't had time to read everything, but I'm just curious.
Family holidays can be really stressful. It seems like at least one person has a tantrum --- adult or child. I could feel the pain in SW and CW's disappointment but when your kids are terrified and wailing, get off the phone. I'm surprised that SW's dad didn't say something like "Oh, the kids must be really tired. I love you all. Merry Christmas. I'll Facetime you tomorrow."

Agreed, not sure what the relevance is with them being sick. Are folks trying to make the connection that the children being sick is a motive? For CW? For SW? It's confusing IMO
The logic they are employing is that the kids were sick so often that SW must have been responsible.

From there, they conclude that she had a pattern of harming the kids, so C.W.’s scenario of Shanann strangling them, is supported by her previous behavior of hurting her children.

It’s one giant leap, and IMO, an unbelievable scenario.

The motive for CW. He didn't want to be the husband of a sick wife and father to sick little girls. He wanted to move on and be free.

The day of his porch interviews, he wasn't wearing the purple Lupus wristband he had worn for ages. He didn't have his necklace on either.

In this video her comments are nice. I have noticed when she speaks of him it is endearing when she speaks to him in a video it is very berating . Can someone post the Checker video or Santa one where he was there ? I think it may be interesting to show comparisons

Sometimes she talks smack to him and sometimes she doesn't. Completely normal imo

People with tree nut allergies often wonder if they must also avoid coconut and nutmeg.

Coconut is not a botanical nut; it is classified as a fruit, even though the Food and Drug Administration recognizes coconut as a tree nut. While allergic reactions to coconut have been documented, most people who are allergic to tree nuts can safely eat coconut. If you are allergic to tree nuts, talk to your allergist before adding coconut to your diet.

Tree Nut Allergy
But would you want to chance that if you had a child with any kind of nut allergy?

With the information we have now, CW was the one who was the cheater. CW was the one who seemed less than enthusiastic in the videos. CW was the one who lied to the police and the whole world. CW was the one who attempted to cover up the crime. We know SW knew something about the affair before that fatal night, she’d told her family and friends she suspected him. She also told them about a possible separation, so CW telling her he wanted a separation that night couldn’t have been so shocking it would send her off on a murdering rampage. I guess there is a possibility that CW may have said something so devastating, so hurtful to SW that she ran to the children’s rooms and strangled them to get back at him, but telling her that he wanted a separation wouldn’t be enough to evoke that response. She already knew that.
I wonder if he threatened to fight for custody.

Interesting, can I ask why you feel this way? Isn't that when mother's make their children sick for attention? I haven't seen anything about the children having any illnesses.
Her children (according to her FB) had asthma, EOE (not sure what that is), and one of them had a severe tree nut allergy, and tubes in their ears. According to her, she herself suffered from Lupus, Fibromyalgia and Celiac Disease. I am not commenting on the Munchhausen and or by proxy part. Just what she herself had posted on SM.

I have a couple thoughts, one is from a post many threads back before I was accepted here, the other is more recent.

Dry eyes often come with autoimmune diseases (lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and all the others). Dry eyes still make liquid but not enough oil, so eyes are very sensitive to anything from a slight breeze or central air in your house and the result is they water, alot. All the time. End result is wiping/blowing ones nose constantly. MEO

The other thing I saw today was a picture of Chris's truck being towed away, his tailgate says "Super Duty", AFAIK all Ford super duty trucks are diesel, not gas.

Last, I just saw the squirt bottle video, yes, interesting.
Good post and good info. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members