AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
How was DNV working to turn her life around? What was the issue before?

If Car 1 and Car 3 are the same, and they left together to collect the phone but became separated, the question I have is whether she suffered depression. I'm curious what her mood was at the Shell station.

Her phone was left at The Dublin, she's following DW instead of joining friends at Ollies, her LoJack is disabled at the Shell station, and poof. Has it been entirely ruled out that this is an involuntary disappearance?

Otto: agree about that @ phone being returned....
Problem is that staff may not have wanted to look at phone - to not violate privacy - so, someone comes up and says 'I left my phone' - they may not think much about it, and hand it over
I'd like to think there would be some protocol: these days - the information on phones, and the ability to track people, etc. - there should be protocol, but that could mean allowing strangers to open phone, at least to verify who the person is. I imagine if phone was unclaimed for a few days, they'd do that - but again, could be a passcode. So then, you'd have to grill the person asking. Lol. Yeah, most busy restaurant service staff: they'll just hand it over!
However, if guy came in saying - friend left phone - I'd say, then get 'friend' to pick up phone ;)

It's my understanding that DNV worked at bars and restaurants, and the people she was with were either bartenders or regular customers at bars and restaurants. They may have known the bartender or at least knew him from being in the bar that night. Given it was a Tuesday before 11pm I don't think the bars would be very crowded yet. I could see DW walking in the bar and saying "Hey Danni left her phone, did you see it?" and the guy hand it over to him. Is that really best practice? Not if you are the bar owner. But I can see friends or acquaintances thinking it's fine.

Last edited:
Yes, the park was in close proximity.

EDIT: I should have said is; not was.
@cedgison

First, let me say I am sorry DNV is missing and I am hoping for the best.

I am local and have been following the case closely from the beginning as my daughters frequent Dublin's and I know this area very well. I am also a member of the facebook group.

The GPS being disabled has been a sticking point for me and my assumption was that the GPS in her car was OnStar. I know that Onstar is typically activated when you buy a used car for 30-60 days as a trial period. I figured it had to be someone that has done something like this before to know how to disable the OnStar GPS so the car couldn't be tracked. It is something that can be done in a matter of minutes.

In an earlier post you stated that there was an LoJack, LoJack is a FM tracking system that typically only authorized individuals can track, such as police and typically it is a hidden system. I can see a small car sales place installing one if they are doing their own financing, but I am not sure that they would have direct access to the system. Trying to find and disable a LoJack is a different story and could take a half hour or more to disable.

Wasn't it stated before by JDT that Pearl Motors actually did the tracking on her car? Is this the case or did LE track her?

Can you clear up any of this information for me?

Last edited:
If Car 1 and Car 3 are the same, and they left together to collect the phone but became separated, the question I have is whether she suffered depression. I'm curious what her mood was at the Shell station.

Her phone was left at The Dublin, she's following DW instead of joining friends at Ollies, her LoJack is disabled at the Shell station, and poof. Has it been entirely ruled out that this is an involuntary disappearance?

The main piece of evidence (hearsay from JDT) is that DNV left cash at her apartment. She did not have credit cards or a bank account, so it's not clear what she would be living on if she was missing voluntarily. There also was a list of goals published from a month before she disappeared where she said she wanted to pay off debts (library, credit card) and spend more time with her daughter.

If she had a history of previous hard drug use, I was thinking about accidental overdose or a drug deal turned robbery gone wrong. Party people that she was not very familiar with could have caused a relapse.

Anyone besides me thinking of the cell phone in this case, and drawing a comparison to the Ashley Barr case?

As in, do we really know how possession of the cell phone changed over time?

Wondering if the cell phone story we know at this point (options for possession/location over time to include DW location/s, Dublin parking lot, inside Dublin bar, Shell station, Police custody) will match the “cell tower ping” evidence collected by law enforcement.

Otto: about it being involuntary - I don't know.
I do know @ her 'goals' journal
That she loved her daughter and wanted the best for her
She'd just fulfilled a goal: getting the car

Obviously, the Shell station is critical - not only last place supposedly seen (still not sure she was, but her car was) - the GPS was deliberately removed......

So: patience with me please :)
DNV & DW car pull into Shell stay @ two minutes
DW pulls out
DNV car remains
Another call pulls in a minute later
This unknown car & DNV there 17 minutes before both pull out
Correct?
TIA for anyone patient enough to clarify...

Obviously, the Shell station is critical - not only last place supposedly seen (still not sure she was, but her car was) - the GPS was deliberately removed......

DW pulls out
DNV car remains
Correct?

This is the same timeline I am aware of, the unknown car could have been DW returning but no one is sure.

I wish we had more details on the video. What direction did they leave etc .. would be helpful. I do know the location of the camera and the place they most likely
parked.

@cedgison

First, let me say I am sorry DNV is missing and I am hoping for the best.

I am local and have been following the case closely from the beginning as my daughters frequent Dublin's and I know this area very well. I am also a member of the facebook group.

The GPS being disabled has been a sticking point for me and my assumption was that the GPS in her car was OnStar. I know that Onstar is typically activated when you buy a used car for 30-60 days as a trial period. I figured it had to be someone that has done something like this before to know how to disable the OnStar GPS so the car couldn't be tracked. It is something that can be done in a matter of minutes.

In an earlier post you stated that there was an LoJack, LoJack is a FM tracking system that typically only authorized individuals can track, such as police and typically it is a hidden system. I can see a small car sales place installing one if they are doing their own financing, but I am not sure that they would have direct access to the system. Trying to find and disable a LoJack is a different story and could take a half hour or more to disable.

Wasn't it stated before by JDT that Pearl Motors actually did the tracking on her car? Is this the case or did LE track her?

Can you clear up any of this information for me?

I thought it was the same GPS that controls OnStar, as well, which is a fuse located in a panel to the left of the steering wheel that wouldn't be very time consuming to remove. JDT has confirmed it to have been a LoJack. She was in the process of paying for the car in cash, but had not paid the full amount (as I originally thought) so it's possible that Pearl Motors had a LoJack on in it.

This is the same timeline I am aware of, the unknown car could have been DW returning but no one is sure.

I wish we had more details on the video. What direction did they leave etc .. would be helpful. I do know the location of the camera and the place they most likely
parked.

They turned left out of the Shell station is what I've been told. It is unknown at which point after that that they parted ways/DNV took a different route.

This has probably been mentioned, but... does anyone know by any chance if she had been drinking and how much? Maybe she didn't follow DW because she wasn't able to drive at the moment.
DW could have returned to see what the problem was, and then stayed with her till she felt better? Just speculating...

DW pulls out
DNV car remains
Correct?

That is what we know. It's curious that there were three cars at the Shell station that night even though the station was closed.

Danniella and DW leave the Dublin at 10:45PM. Her phone is left behind.

Danniella follows DW from the Dublin. Near the Shell station, Danniella flashes her lights at DW to pull over.

Car 1
DW
11:05 arrive Shell
11:07 depart Shell

Car 2
Danniella car
11:24 depart Shell

Car 3
Unknown (may be the same as Car 1)
11:08 arrive Shell
  • LoJack/GPS (?) disabled at Shell station, exact time unknown, also unknown whether LoJack (?) antenna is on exterior of car
  • DW says that Danniella was following him to Dublin to collect phone, and at some point he lost her
  • Cell phone retrieved from The Dublin bar by DW at approx. 11:45PM
  • DW waits until approx 12:05 for Danniella
  • DW drives to Ollies to see if Danniella arrives
  • DW returns rental car at 1AM

They turned left out of the Shell station is what I've been told. It is unknown at which point after that that they parted ways/DNV took a different route.

Did they turn left on the service road or onto 90?

I thought it was the same GPS that controls OnStar, as well, which is a fuse located in a panel to the left of the steering wheel that wouldn't be very time consuming to remove. JDT has confirmed it to have been a LoJack. She was in the process of paying for the car in cash, but had not paid the full amount (as I originally thought) so it's possible that Pearl Motors had a LoJack on in it.

I will see if I can find more information about it. It is obvious to me that if a LoJack was installed then DNV must have been aware it was there. The only other people that would be aware that it was on her car would be Pearl Motors Employees ...

Is it possible she was in contact with one of the employees and he could have disabled it?

Pearl Motors is just down the street from the Shell station and she would have to turn left to head towards it.

Last edited:
Did they turn left on the service road or onto 90?

I will see if I can find more information about it. It is obvious to me that if a LoJack was installed then DNV must have been aware it was there. The only other people that would be aware that it was on her car would be Pearl Motors Employees ...

Is it possible she was in contact with one of the employees and he could have disabled it?

Not if the last ping was at the Shell station. If it was a LoJack, there may have been an antenna on the exterior of the car. If so, breaking that may disable the system - not sure. That could have been done by either Danniella or a third party.

That is what we know. It's curious that there were three cars at the Shell station that night even though the station was closed.

Danniella and DW leave the Dublin at 10:45PM. Her phone is left behind.

Danniella follows DW from the Dublin. Near the Shell station, Danniella flashes her lights at DW to pull over.

Car 1
DW
11:07 depart Shell

Car 2
Danniella car

Car 3
Unknown (may be the same as Car 1)
11:08 arrive Shell
  • LoJack/GPS (?) disabled at Shell station, exact time unknown, also unknown whether LoJack (?) antenna is on exterior of car
  • DW says that Danniella was following him to Dublin to collect phone, and at some point he lost her
  • Cell phone retrieved from The Dublin bar by DW at approx. 11:45PM
  • DW waits until approx 12:05 for Danniella
  • DW drives to Ollies to see if Danniella arrives
  • DW returns rental car at 1AM

The whole thing does not make sense why they were at the Shell station in the first place.

The whole thing does not make sense why they were at the Shell station in the first place.

Exactly. DW needs to have a better explanation for where they were going and why they were in the area of the Shell station. It is obvious that they were not going from The Dublin to Ollies.

It's also obvious that if he was going home, he had no reason to stop at the Shell station when she flashed her lights, or to help her retrieve her phone. If he was going home, she could have retrieved her phone on her own and he could have clarified that he was going home.

Is that the car rental place? If so, that makes the stop at the Shell station even more unusual. Was it always his intention to drive home from The Dublin, or was it to return the rental car?

View attachment 147702

Pearl Motors is the place that she purchased her car at and the place that would have installed the LoJack system.

Pearl Motors is the place that she purchased her car at and the place that would have installed the LoJack system.

Odd that she just bought a new car, she goes bar hopping to celebrate the purchase, and then at the end of the evening the tracking system is disabled and she vanishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea