Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely get your point and I'm so terribly sorry for your loss :(
However the reason CW is being seen differently from SW is his actions after the fact. If we go with his story (the only one we have since SW is deceased) then why the heck did he not try and save his children. Why the heck did he hide their bodies. I will be the first to say I was incorrect once we have the evidence and if it shows SW hurt the children then I'll know. This is not a case of SW being beaten to save his children and she's in jail.
I'm curious to hear more about how it all transpired, too.

If CW believed he was done for, why the effort to assemble and transport his dead family 30+ miles to dump them... Why not just call police from the porch?

I didn't say he couldn't wait to go to the death chamber or prison for life.
It was more like he was just going thru the motions... not really thinking of a real way out.

But none of the Tibbet's knew yet what happened. Their girl may have been alive, safe somewhere yet. None of the Tibbets had crammed Mollie into an oil vat or buried her in the dirt.

The difference is, CW already knew his family was dead and gone. And according to him, he watched his pregnant wife kill his children, then he killed her and his unborn son. So how could he be so casual and smiley the next day?
Exactly! I just asked Mr Mouse to watch CW's "hipster" video without giving him ANY background info, because I thought that maybe I was being unfair to CW and his behavior. Mr Mouse watched the video and said "he's responsible for their disappearance", and he usually gives everyone the benefit of the doubt. He also called CW a weasel when he was preening for the tv cameras. That is pretty vehement coming from Mr Mouse who normally just squeaks along.

If CW believed he was done for, why the effort to assemble and transport his dead family 30+ miles to dump them... Why not just call police from the porch?
I believe that he knew he was done for when he did the red light running trip, but when the police didn't come for him that night, he thought he had fooled them.

So glad you made it out safe, it takes so much more strength than people realize. I had to do the same thing--walk away from my house that I loved, he wouldn't let me have my clothes back or even my mom's cookbooks. I really appreciate firsthand what it took for you to fight for your kids and start over. So that's how I ended up going back to school to be a Social Worker in DV. I don't want others to have to go through what we did. Pray for me to get full custody like you did, all I do is worry about my babies when they're with him.

Right now in Colorado, the laws would be that with 50/50, whatever parents makes more pays.
I make more but I also cover all their insurance. I'm so sorry you are still splitting custody. I will private message you.

No, you don't have to agree. In my mind, when someones lips are making a particular shape, with the corners pointing up, as opposed to down, like a frown, then they are smiling. He is reminiscing about his girls, and as one might expect, when talking about ones children, he is making a smile shape with his mouth. JMO

I always look at someone's eyes. I taught my preschoolers about the difference between a "mouth smile" and an actual smile. Mouth turning up at corners isn't necessarily reflective of a genuine smile. IMO

No, you don't have to agree. In my mind, when someones lips are making a particular shape, with the corners pointing up, as opposed to down, like a frown, then they are smiling. He is reminiscing about his girls, and as one might expect, when talking about ones children, he is making a smile shape with his mouth. JMO
And when he is talking about his shirt.

I don't know that the words "bereaved father" were used, but yes. MOO
Oh, Ack, that’s an interesting take for someone to have on what normal bereavement looks like then. I missed those posts.

For the record, I do not think normal bereaved parents behave in the way CW did in his interviews. I think he behaved like someone who had just committed murder and was trying to cover it up. (But it’s been established as fact that he had committed murder and was trying to cover it up). I do think what was behind his lies, and whether he showed any emotional respose, is open for debate and interpretation.

MOO.

I always look at someone's eyes. I taught my preschoolers about the difference between a "mouth smile" and an actual smile. Mouth turning up at corners isn't necessarily reflective of a genuine smile. IMO

So it is not a genuine smile when he is reminiscing about his dead children, and how wonderful they were?

The coverup can be for several reasons tho:
Hiding what he had done
Hiding what she had done to protect reputation
Scared/Panicked
Etc

The defense can spin that part many ways... the prosecution will need to show that it was only the first one.
Hiding what she did to protect her reputation? No. It doesn’t make sense. He said she killed the daughters.

I don't understand your point. Either it's "acceptable" to read things into the photos and videos we have, or it's not--for all parties. Also, I didn't say anything was "equal," so not sure where you're going with that.

Your original point was that people are analyzing his still photo and his news interviews to read into his personality, his actions, etc, yet it is seemingly not ok to do the same when it comes to Shanann's social media stuff, am I correct?

My point is that you are comparing someone's actions on social media, which is notoriously fake (they don't call it Fakebook for nothing) and an MLM business on top of that which also has an image to present, plus this is someone who at that time was not a victim or perpetrator of any crime...

To a man who is on live TV deliberately lying about the lives and whereabouts of his entire family when he's begging the world, the police and the public to help him find them. To bring them back. Telling about her last moments there. All the while knowing they're all dead and he disposed of them in various ways.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your point about how it's pretty amazing that people see those comparisons as completely different. She was going about her daily business and posting online. She wasn't and had no reason to be deadly serious, completely honest not to mention utterly shattered.

A good analysis of whether they both lie under pressure, or are capable of murder, or can appear emotionless save worry of being caught, or covering up their children's bodies in oil... something serious like that, would be to compare news interviews of both Chris and Shanann after their children went missing. Then you might gauge their reactions more fairly.

But you can't, because she's dead and he killed her. That part is a fact.

I believe that he knew he was done for when he did the red light running trip, but when the police didn't come for him that night, he thought he had fooled them.
What was the red light running trip? Did they have him on traffic light camera? I missed that whole discussion, if anyone has a brief recap TIA.

But if you watch the entire video and take in context it is apparent he is not behaving like a grief-stricken father and husband who is begging the public to help return his family safely. No tears, no despair. Remember Laci Peterson's mom crying on tv begging for the safe return of her pregnant daughter? I know different people express things differently, but his behavior is startlingly inappropriate for a dad and husband whose family is missing, especially as his wife is pregnant and so vulnerable at this time.

And when you consider it in the context of his supposed confession, it becomes even more unbelievable. We are seeing a man who supposedly just witnessed the brutal murder of his daughters. What parent could suppress the natural grief and emotions surrounding that? That’s what I can’t get past.

Hiding what she did to protect her reputation? No. It doesn’t make sense. He said she killed the daughters.
But he only said that AFTER he was cornered... and after she had killed them he would not want her family/etc to know what happened.
That is the reputation scenario... they don't know what she did if she is never found.

I know it is stupid... but that doesn't mean the defense might still try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53