Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
human said:
They went bankrupt in 2015 was it? What happens if they found themselves in financial straits once again. I don’t think you can file bankruptcy. What do people do?

I think they can do the nicknamed "Chapter 20" bankruptcy (7, then 13) if it's four years after the Chapter 7 one.

I have seen first hand people who have declared bankruptcy and get a fresh start but they do not receive counselling whether financial or emotional counselling, then they can sometimes find themselves in repeated financial struggles and hardships that will lead to another bankruptcy. Not suggesting this was the case with SW and CW.

Han said:
I think she was the boss. She acts like the boss, she talks like the boss, and CW reacts as if she is the boss. Respectfully, I don’t just think it was on camera.

I agree @MyBelle and @Han with your posts sadly. Nobody knows what goes on in a family behind closed doors despite what is seen in SM and SM videos. SM allows people to escape reality and create their own perfect world. The truth is that pictures and videos on social media are just small snapshots of our lives and yet there is so much more lying deep beneath the surface, unseen to those on top of the water.
Being the boss is not a bad thing. There is quite often a stronger person in the marriage and it does not have to be the man.
Both my sisters are the strong people in their marriages and one had a long and happy marriage for 60 years. Nothing would have got done if my brother in law were the boss.
A lovely man but disorganised and seemingly unable to keep to any ordered routines.

Not quite the same, I know, but Susan Smith comes to mind as pretty horrific.. Yes, I know that was all her and her boyfriend issues. IMO
No case is exactly the same as the next. Susan Smith's boyfriend had rejected her. Marilyn Lemak's husband had already moved out of the house. It won't surprise me if SW killed her children in this case. Rejection has resulted in violence in too many cases to pretend it never happens. JMO

Do you not feel that CW was accommodating SW though?. Like you say this had possibly been planned beforehand. Maybe he just didn't want to let her down?

I have not said that it was possibly planned beforehand.

I have not said that at all.

I said in the post that you are referring to that it would have been nice to have seen CW play the role of father and comfort his daughters in the Santa video.

Please correctly quote my texts in context as I do when I respond to posts. Said with kindness and respect.

Tammy Faye and Jim Baker both liked the spotlight of “sales” although I believe they got divorced.

SW apparently did many kinds of sales. She must have had the personality for it . Me, I cannot do it. I think CW was not that type of person.

Not that it is OK to murder, but I can see with an entitled personality that being a part of sales probably daily was a life of hell. No, I am not justifying it. Simply saying how he may have felt.

Han said:
I think she was the boss. She acts like the boss, she talks like the boss, and CW reacts as if she is the boss. Respectfully, I don’t just think it was on camera.

Bluff said:
I agree @MyBelle and @Han with your posts sadly. Nobody knows what goes on in a family behind closed doors despite what is seen in SM and SM videos. SM allows people to escape reality and create their own perfect world. The truth is that pictures and videos on social media are just small snapshots of our lives and yet there is so much more lying deep beneath the surface, unseen to those on top of the water.

Exactly. This is why forming any judgement about CW or SW, based on social media, is inherently flawed.
I agree @MassGuy. It definitely goes both ways for SW and CW ~ it would be flawed to form a knee jerk response based on SM.

Perhaps I’m overthinking things (entirely likely), but I have a feeling there could/might be some sort of twist as to CODs, not sure what.

It’s sure not out of the realm. I wonder if it’s not necessarily COD but additional contributing factors they’ve found. For example, something in the tox screens or blunt force injuries that would have incapacitated one or all of them. Maybe?

She was pregnant? I didn't know that. Or maybe I just forgot over the years.
Nope. Not that I know of. She did, however, murder her children. Blamed someone else, a kidnapping of sorts. In reality, she killed them for a boyfriend. An ex boyfriend I think.. Let them drown strapped into the car.

Han said:

Well, said.

She got home around 2:00 and it had been a long day. As she was an early riser, I don't think she'd bother showering at that hour. What difference would another few hours make?

I hear ya, and I know some people who don’t shower after a plane ride, but I have to. No way I’m getting in my bed all germy like that, but that’s just me. Even if I’m exhauuuuusted I’m taking a shower after traveling.

Her SM posts on the getaways indicate that he did go on most. As for the tesla - there were about 4 other tesla test drives SW filmed while in the back seat, as other promoters were taking their turn.
S
How does that work with seeing the children?

Teachers with four year college degrees in MN start in the $30,000’s. My daughter with a Master’s in Speech Therapy and Board Certified started at $40,000.

$60,000 sounds like a nice salary
Well, CW wasn’t a teacher, and as a couple they purchased a home together where $60,000 wouldn’t go very far to maintain it, and raise 2 kids. Couples decide what lifestyle they want, and they commit to making it happen together. At least in my world. If you’re not in agreement, you’re not going to be very happy. If you want to be a teacher, that’s great. But my husband and I wanted more, we agreed to work for more, we pushed and supported one another, and I don’t feel bad about it.

Exactly. This is why forming any judgement about CW or SW, based on social media, is inherently flawed.
This should be a good lesson too, next time there's a case with a lot of SM available to remember we can't really trust what we see. Someone's FB page is a small, carefully curated selection that represents how they want to present themselves or what they want to share. It's not the same as knowing the person.

I do feel that way. Moreover I feel that the criticism against SW has often been so general that it has crossed over into making some of us who are parents on here feel uncomfortable.(Note I said "some.") Many of the same things SW has been criticized for, for instance, are things that I commonly do with my own kids so seeing these things followed by insinuations that she is a bad parent or, worse, abusive to her children makes me cringe. She has been criticized for the number of videos she made, the manner in which she has reacted to her children's tantrums, the way in which she has spoken to her husband, pushing her children to interact with a Santa Claus that they are leery of, the way in which she has decorated her house, the way in which she has organized her belongings, her closet, her vehicle, etc. If she makes posts about how much she loves her husband, how grateful she is to have him, then she's criticized for over compensating and been "fake." If she, as the director, gives him instructions in a video or makes what I think is a light-hearted jab at him, however, then she is "bossy" or "verbally abusive."

She has a serious illness that I know, from personal experience, can be debilitating. I know MANY people who have all but given up on life and now do very little with themselves because of it. SW has been criticized for going on Thrive trips (even though her husband often accompanied her), for the kind of job she had (you may not like MLMs, but it was still her job), the amount of housework she boasted of doing...She took her children across the country and spent 5 weeks with them without her husband (while pregnant), and yet she's been criticized for leaving them with him for 2 nights while she went to Arizona.

So yes, sometimes it does feel like a free for all. I've been a member on here for almost 5 years. In the ghostwriting business, I've been involved with quite a few murder cases. I don't think I've ever seen any victim as analyzed as SW. Indeed, she is often the topic of conversation more than her husband.

I wonder if this has to do with his physical appearance - people consider him as attractive and it is hard for them to believe that such an "handsome guy" who seemed so loving and caring on SW's videos could do this to his family? In their heads there must have been something that provoked him to "snap". Because Disney made us believe that "handsome guys" are always the good ones. People now try to blame it on his "bossy" wife who made sooo many mistakes and mistreated him soooo badly. They pick on every little piece they find online to confirm their presumptions. I'm feeling really bad for her because I truly believe that she was just a normal human being and she made mistakes so we do. But now she can not talk for herself anymore and her name is dragged through the dirt which makes me really sad for her family.

MyBelle said:
CW did seem to be willing to play his role in the videos. I still don't understand the need or the point of live streaming the Santa video. I would have zero interest in interrupting my family's special time in order to watch a co-worker's kids cry, pout and hide.
JMO

Hi @MyBelle, I am almost certain that the CW Santa video with SW and their girls was live for her parent's only in NC. I don't believe in this particular live video instance that anyone else was included in the live feed just her parent's.

I wonder if this has to do with his physical appearance - people consider him as attractive and it is hard for them to believe that such an "handsome guy" who seemed so loving and caring on SW's videos could do this to his family? In their heads there must have been something that provoked him to "snap". Because Disney made us believe that "handsome guys" are always the good ones. People now try to blame it on his "bossy" wife who made sooo many mistakes and mistreated him soooo badly. They pick on every little piece they find online to confirm their presumptions. I'm feeling really bad for her because I truly believe that she was just a normal human being and she made mistakes so we do. But now she can not talk for herself anymore and her name is dragged through the dirt which makes me really sad for her family.

These things also cross my mind. I feel bad because conclusions are being drawn from these curated moments of her life (thanks bluesneakers!) yet, because CW killed her, she's not here to explain or defend anything that that is being surmised.

Does anyone think it's a little odd that near the end of the video, Bella stands up, looks & points in the direction of the phone/camera (i.e. CW & SW), and says "NO!"

I missed that. I have to rewatch!

Just rewatched and did see her point and say”No”. I’m sure they got sick of the camera. I took a lot of photos & videos of my kids when they were growing up and they weren’t shy about telling me to stop.

Last edited:
Could it be possible that the kids would have gotten out of bed at all when she got home to see Mommy? Have a snack maybe? Got to the bathroom? Or do you think she would only just go in to kiss them and say goodnight and the kids would not want to wake up, and if they did, mom would say no, go back to bed?

I have not said that it was possibly planned beforehand.

I have not said that at all.

I said in the post that you are referring to that it would have been nice to have seen CW play the role of father and comfort his daughters in the Santa video.

Please correctly quote my texts in context as I do when I respond to posts. Said with kindness and respect.
Sorry but I don't see how CW revealing himself to be Daddy would help the girls who obviously believed in the Santa myth. I think such an unveiling at that point might have resulted in more tears. JMO

MyBelle said:
CW did seem to be willing to play his role in the videos. I still don't understand the need or the point of live streaming the Santa video. I would have zero interest in interrupting my family's special time in order to watch a co-worker's kids cry, pout and hide.
JMO

Hi @MyBelle, I am almost certain that the CW Santa video with SW and their girls was live for her parent's only in NC. I don't believe in this particular live video instance that anyone else was included just her parent's.

Again... it would have been nice to see CW playing the role of supportive husband and loving father by taking off the costume and chalking it all up to an idea gone wrong. And comforting his daughters looking for daddy. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419