MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #3 *MISTRIAL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are you going to post her stuff?

I can keep an eye on Clarion Ledger.
Yep that sounds great. I'll keep an eye out for when Cathy tweets and you watch for Clarion's tweets. If we find anything else we can post that too. :D Thanks, Niner! (I'm still trying to figure out how to embed the tweets *huge sigh* lol)

This is the only one that even mentioned the trial coming up:

Clarion Ledger‏Verified account @clarionledger 13h13 hours ago

Almost 4 years since Jessica Chambers died, will the case finally reach closure?

7mZW6D1n

Almost 4 years since Jessica Chambers died, will the case finally reach closure?

This one looks like she posts YouTube videos for each day.

Nicole (@LadyJustice2188) | Twitter
Now, may I please ask. How did you do this? I don't why (because I've managed in the past to embed tweets) but it just isn't working for me anymore! :(

Now, may I please ask. How did you do this? I don't why (because I've managed in the past to embed tweets) but it just isn't working for me anymore! :(

Whatever you are doing - it IS correct. If you go back to your post of Cathy's tweet. Her name shows in blue & people can click on that & get to her site. So ALL is good!! :D

A second trial is set to begin Tuesday on charges that man set a Mississippi woman on fire, leading to her death.

Jurors couldn't reach verdict last year in the first trial of Quinton Tellis, charged with capital murder in the death of Jessica Chambers in 2014.

Jury selection set to begin in Jessica Chambers trial

I will be watching along with ya'll. Living in Memphis and knowing people in that area, it just broke our hearts.
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 11h11 hours ago
#JessicaChambers was strangled, left in her car and set on fire. She stumbled out of her car with burns on 98% of her body. I'll report live from the courthouse each day. Watch the trial LIVE on http://lawandcrime.com starting Tuesday.

Dn0Wh8HXoAEIz9u.jpg
Thanks for this. I never read or heard that it was verified that she was strangled but I am sure she was.
The failure of the first jury surprised me. It seemed to be made up of of fair-minded citizens. I thought maybe they knew something we didn't, but I guess the proof just wasn't there for them.
Watching and hoping for justice for Jessica.
Chi

I will be watching along with ya'll. Living in Memphis and knowing people in that area, it just broke our hearts.

Thanks for this. I never read or heard that it was verified that she was strangled but I am sure she was.
The failure of the first jury surprised me. It seemed to be made up of of fair-minded citizens. I thought maybe they knew something we didn't, but I guess the proof just wasn't there for them.
Watching and hoping for justice for Jessica.
Chi

I don't know if that's been verified, but "Champion said he believes Tellis suffocated Chambers and thought he had killed her."

Jessica Chambers murder trial: Fuel found on clothing next to woman burned alive

Dang is Champion that out of control at times? I want justice for Jessica. I just think Champion makes some weird choices.
jmo

Can someone tell us "what is going on" if anything? TIA! :)
At this point the defense is angry that Champion went and questioned another of her clients in regards to the case vs. Tellis.
Mr Champion was "there in an authority of attention which made the subject matter of the other client's case" worrisome. (Jalen sp is the other client.)
Champion claims he was only there 10 mins. Defense says they want case continued because just reading the affidavit to her other client would have taken more than 10 mins.
She wants the DA sanctioned, she wants attorney fees, for the extra efforts she has had to do and to insure the court that there is nothing the defense has done that is nefarious.
Of course the DA's prosecution team denies this....judge says he is mystified and wants her to make a better plea for her views before he decides...doesn't seem very moved toward defense at this point as to a continuance.
spelling may vary :)

At this point the defense is angry that Champion went and questioned another of her clients in regards to the case vs. Tellis.
Mr Champion was "there in an authority of attention which made the subject matter of the other client's case" worrisome. (Jalen sp is the other client.)
Champion claims he was only there 10 mins. Defense says they want case continued because just reading the affidavit to her other client would have taken more than 10 mins.
She wants the DA sanctioned, she wants attorney fees, for the extra efforts she has had to do and to insure the court that there is nothing the defense has done that is nefarious.
Of course the DA's prosecution team denies this....judge says he is mystified and wants her to make a better plea for her views before he decides...doesn't seem very moved toward defense at this point as to a continuance.
spelling may vary :)

I thought they already cleared all this up in October. Sounds like they’re re-hashing it? (Where Champion questioned another prisoner who said that Tellis’s nickname is “Eric”. Champion realized the prisoner wasn’t credible and didn’t pursue it. Lawyer for that prisoner is the same lawyer defending Tellis, oddly enough).

I just saw this; it’s the “new witness” they refer to.

This second time around jurors will get to hear from a new witness who claims she picked up a man the night Chambers was burned. It’s unclear which side will be calling that witness.

From: Jury selection begins in Jessica Chambers murder case

This new witness info is very interesting. Can't wait to hear what it's all about! I'm thinking she's a prosecution witness.

This new witness info is very interesting. Can't wait to hear what it's all about! I'm thinking she's a prosecution witness.
But there's one new wrinkle. Prosecutors have subpoenaed a woman named Sherry Flowers as a witness. Peterson said she's expected to testify that she gave a man a ride the night of Chambers' death. This could fill in a crucial gap linking Tellis to the crime scene. In the first trial, prosecutors had claimed Tellis traveled on foot from the place where he left Chambers to his sister's house, got his sister's car, collected a can of gasoline at his own house, and then returned to set the car and an unconscious Chambers on fire.

Defense attorneys, though, question whether Flowers can identify Tellis as the man she transported.

"She indicates she's seen his face somewhere, but can't remember where," Peterson said.

Retrial set for man accused in woman’s burning death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member