Supreme Court Nominee

Should a person be judged on something done over 40 years ago?

• Yes

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • No

Votes: 17 11.3%
  • Depends

Votes: 75 49.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I did not have sexual relations with that woman.".

Bill Clinton,
'I Did Not Have Sexual Relations With That Woman'

I like how narrowly defined, "sexual relations" is by Bill Clinton...

It is clear that some people will define things in a way that is favorable. That quote is as repugnant to me as the way that I believe Kavanaugh attempting to avoid responsibility for his behavior.

I wasn't trying to "politicize" the thread, it just struck me as funny, that these guys don't know what "sex" is...the narrow definition is definitely defined by attending law school.

Kavanaugh’s Yearbook Page Is ‘Horrible, Hurtful’ to a Woman It Named

Judge Kavanaugh, a member of the football team and the captain of the basketball team, played a prominent role in Georgetown Prep’s firmament in the early 1980s. The school’s culture was one of heavy drinking and at times insensitivity.

The 1983 yearbook, for example, includes multiple apparent references to the Ku Klux Klan (but not on Judge Kavanaugh’s page). His page, in addition to the “Alumnius” entry, mentions his role as “treasurer” of the “Keg City Club.”

Some of Judge Kavanaugh’s high school peers said there was a widespread culture at the time of objectifying women.

Bill Barbot, who was a freshman at Georgetown Prep when Judge Kavanaugh was a senior, said Judge Kavanaugh and his clique were part of the school’s “fratty” culture. “There was a lot of talk and presumably a lot of action about sexual conquest with girls,” Mr. Barbot said.​

"Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh put forth an alibi Monday to try to shoot down claims that he sexually assaulted one woman while in high school and another while attending college: At the time of both alleged incidents, he was a virgin.

“We’re talking about allegations of sexual assault,” Kavanaugh told Martha MacCallum of Fox News during a joint interview with his wife, Ashley Estes Kavanaugh. “I’ve never sexually assaulted anyone. I did not have sexual intercourse, or anything close to sexual intercourse, in high school or for many years thereafter…”

MacCallum then followed up on Kavanaugh’s assertion.

“So you’re saying through all these years that are in question that you were a virgin?” she asked.

“That’s correct,” Kavanaugh replied."

Kavanaugh floats virginity defense amid sexual assault allegations

Interesting to me........putting your penis in someone's face is not sex, nor is holding someone down to grope them and try and remove their clothes. If he was so drunk at these instances how would he know if he had sex? Why did the interviewer not ask about taking his penis out while drunk? Why did the interviewer not ask the question about shoving a girl in a bedroom and holding her down but not having intercourse? Specific questions would have been appreciated by me--so if he is seated on the court, he could be impeached for lying.

bbm

Excellent points, @kaen.

And I'm adding this "snakes on a plane" emoji because I just saw it, it's random, and I figured it might make someone laugh like I did when I saw it.

Entire interview with Kavanaugh on Fox.

Well coached,robotic, and evasive.Points out what a good guy he is.
Says many times he wants a fair process and to be heard.
Wife is the same as well...she knows Brett and says so three times.
She didn't get to answer the question about FBI involvement. Kavanaugh takes the question for her. IMO
ETA..denies he attended the party.

Entire interview with Kavanaugh on Fox.

Well coached,robotic, and evasive.Points out what a good guy he is.
Says many times he wants a fair process and to be heard.
Wife is the same as well...she knows Brett and says so three times.
She didn't get to answer the question about FBI involvement. Kavanaugh takes the question for her. IMO
ETA..denies he attended the party.

She did not come across as honest - she kept looking down, and when she looked at Brett, she did so with a scorn on her face. I suspect she knows much more than she's letting on.

She did not come across as honest - she kept looking down, and when she looked at Brett, she did so with a scorn on her face. I suspect she knows much more than she's letting on.
Ah you noticed that as well. If only she could speak I have little doubt we would hear at least about his temper.
At least I feel as though he is hiding a temper. IMO

Elizabeth Rasor, Mark Judge’s Ex-Girlfriend, Contradicts Judge’s Claim | Heavy.com

Elizabeth Rasor, Mark Judge’s ex-girlfriend of three years, told the New Yorker that Judge’s claim of “no horseplay” with women at Georgetown Prep was inaccurate. Judge allegedly told her a far more disturbing story.

Rasor spoke out about Judge’s comment regarding Georgetown Prep after Christine Blasey Ford came forward and accused Judge Brett Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her at a drunken party in high school. Ford claimed Judge was in the room at the time of the assault, and accused Judge of encouraging Kavanaugh to continue the assault, telling him to “go for it” as he tried to remove her clothing.

Rasor stressed to the New Yorker that Judge had told her a “very different” and disturbing story about the type of “rough-housing” he took part in. She claims that Judge had “ashamedly” told her of an incident that involved him and other boys “taking turns having sex with a drunk woman.” However, Judge allegedly told Rasor that he regarded the incident as completely consensual.

“She said that Judge did not name others involved in the incident, and she has no knowledge that Kavanaugh participated. But Rasor was disturbed by the story and noted that it undercut Judge’s protestations about the sexual innocence of Georgetown Prep,” the New Yorker reports.

A copy of Ford's letter to Feinstein, linked from the Heavy story:
Dn0ZAj0WkAIZ0Pn.jpg

Last edited:
PBS NewsHour video

The New Yorker reported Sunday night that a woman who knew Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh in college says that he exposed himself to her at a party freshman year. Kavanaugh has categorically denied this story, as well as the earlier allegation of sexual misconduct.

Judy Woodruff talks with Ronan Farrow about the allegation and what evidence they have uncovered.

Find more from PBS NewsHour at https://www.pbs.org/newshour
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: https://bit.ly/2HfsCD6

The New Yorker's Ronan Farrow discusses his article about a second woman accusing Supreme Court nominee Judge Brett Kavanaugh of inappropriate sexual behavior. Kavanaugh has denied all accusations made against him.

"Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh put forth an alibi Monday to try to shoot down claims that he sexually assaulted one woman while in high school and another while attending college: At the time of both alleged incidents, he was a virgin.

“We’re talking about allegations of sexual assault,” Kavanaugh told Martha MacCallum of Fox News during a joint interview with his wife, Ashley Estes Kavanaugh. “I’ve never sexually assaulted anyone. I did not have sexual intercourse, or anything close to sexual intercourse, in high school or for many years thereafter…”

MacCallum then followed up on Kavanaugh’s assertion.

“So you’re saying through all these years that are in question that you were a virgin?” she asked.

“That’s correct,” Kavanaugh replied."

Kavanaugh floats virginity defense amid sexual assault allegations

Interesting to me........putting your penis in someone's face is not sex, nor is holding someone down to grope them and try and remove their clothes. If he was so drunk at these instances how would he know if he had sex? Why did the interviewer not ask about taking his penis out while drunk? Why did the interviewer not ask the question about shoving a girl in a bedroom and holding her down but not having intercourse? Specific questions would have been appreciated by me--so if he is seated on the court, he could be impeached for lying.
I'm concerned that the candidate for sitting on the Supreme Court says that a virgin can't commit sexual assault.

Holding a classmate down against her will and attempting to strip her while covering her mouth is not assault because the perp's penis has never been in a vagina?

I must be missing something because that makes no sense.

jmo

I am so sorry that happened to you.

Your description of the trauma and emory is very well documented in a Time magazine article from 2014 (Why Rape and Trauma Survivors Have Fragmented and Incomplete Memories). And is further supported by peer reviewed journal research papers (1 example: https://www.researchgate.net/profil...-of-womens-memories-of-child-sexual-abuse.pdf)
If Dr Ford truly has memory problems with this incident maybe she remembers the attack clearly but not who was present.

Without any corroborating witness's it's a possibility. JMO

Last edited:
It is clear that some people will define things in a way that is favorable. That quote is as repugnant to me as the way that I believe Kavanaugh attempting to avoid responsibility for his behavior.

Similarly to Bill Clinton, Kavanaugh's answers will be "legally" correct :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The wife surely did not look happy throughout the interview. He did not come off as truthful to me, but that is my opinion. Way, way too much of repeating his predetermined "talking points".

The whole unnecessary tale of his virginity was just unbelievable to me. I wondered why he was even getting into this, but then figured that perhaps he had presented himself to his wife as a virgin at the time of their marriage and wanted to maintain that stance.

I also did not like it when he broke in and answered a question that had been directed to his wife. Obviously he wanted it to be answered HIS way.

Having not heard from any of the accusers, I am still keeping an open mind - but must admit that the more women who come forward, the more I think there is some "there" there.

I also am remembering when the initial accusations were made about Bill Cosby that it was hard to believe he had done those things. And done them for such a long time and got away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa