Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they ever test the Does' DNA against each other to see if there is a family relation between them? What about entering them into CODIS?
I was also thinking what if the person she went to see wasn't a family member? What if she was going to confront a murderer? Or she was fascinated by reading about someone there and decided to meet him. That would explain why no one knew her.
Way back in the comments there was a mention of a prisoner who was there and he had connections to the coast. The woman he murdered was a mother of 5. Could it have been her daughter or granddaughter? Maybe a niece? I was trying to do some ancestry research on the woman and, if I have it right, she had a daughter born in 1963. I found a birth record with that girls name and no father listed for a daughter born in 1980 in Calhoun County, part of which is near Rockport. The mother was killed a few months later and the murderer was sent to the Ellis Unit. I can't find the daughter. I didn't come up with a marriage record for her. No death records. Tried a fb page but not sure any of them could be her.

Looking at the cemetery records for the prison I had a thought. We have speculated that she intended for it to be a short trip and it might have taken her much longer to get there then she had thought. What if the person she was going to see was being executed? It could have been that he was executed and therefore not there when they asked if anyone knew her. How long after her discovery did they go to the prison?

There are burials in the prison cemetery for 1980.

They wouldn't have to be executed people, would they? Other people die while incarcerated and if their family didn't claim them, wouldn't they be buried at the prison? Can you see if any of the dates are in the fall? That could be why she wasn't concerned about visiting hours, if she was just expecting them to take her to the cemetery plot.

They wouldn't have to be executed people, would they? Other people die while incarcerated and if their family didn't claim them, wouldn't they be buried at the prison? Can you see if any of the dates are in the fall? That could be why she wasn't concerned about visiting hours, if she was just expecting them to take her to the cemetery plot.
Deaths that year are Cecil Barker Nov 22, John Black Aug 19, Rafael Gonzales Feb 2, Clarence Williams Nov 10. That doesn't include anyone who might have been buried somewhere else by family.

Deaths that year are Cecil Barker Nov 22, John Black Aug 19, Rafael Gonzales Feb 2, Clarence Williams Nov 10. That doesn't include anyone who might have been buried somewhere else by family.

Well, I guess we can eliminate the two November ones, because that's after she died. But John Black is interesting.

This one?

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/93272301/john-black

(oops, accidentally deleted part of my post.)

Unless she was going to visit them because they were gravely ill and they died as a result.
Anything is possible, but her demeanor would suggest otherwise? Her flippant "who cares" response to the question about her parents, and the much talked about high heels suggest she wanted to look pretty. I think this was a romantic interest she was going to see. As mentioned upthread, there are a couple prisons/jails in that region. I think she was heading to the wrong one, is my guess.

I am truly haunted by this child's (and she was a child) post mortem pics. She was brutalized badly. I'm one of those people who believe a soul doesn't rest until there is justice. I'm glad there are so many on this thread working on that objective.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Anything is possible, but her demeanor would suggest otherwise? Her flippant "who cares" response to the question about her parents, and the much talked about high heels suggest she wanted to look pretty. I think this was a romantic interest she was going to see. As mentioned upthread, there are a couple prisons/jails in that region. I think she was heading to the wrong one, is my guess.

I am truly haunted by this child's (and she was a child) post mortem pics. She was brutalized badly. I'm one of those people who believe a soul doesn't rest until there is justice. I'm glad there are so many on this thread working on that objective.

Amateur opinion and speculation
I wondered if she took the shoes from her mother or an older sister. She lied about her age so I wondered if that meant she knew she wouldn't be able to visit the prison without an adult unless she could fool them into thinking she was older.

Sure wish we had a picture. From the description, it's hard to say whether they were sexy, casual, or dressy. "Red leather high-heeled sandals, 3" or 4" inch platforms with light brown straps" could be anything. I always pictured a wedgie or espadrille type. That's what I would have worn with jeans, if I remember correctly.

By 1980 platforms were starting to be out of style, weren't they?

Sure wish we had a picture. From the description, it's hard to say whether they were sexy, casual, or dressy. "Red leather high-heeled sandals, 3" or 4" inch platforms with light brown straps" could be anything. I always pictured a wedgie or espadrille type. That's what I would have worn with jeans, if I remember correctly.

By 1980 platforms were starting to be out of style, weren't they?

I believe they were well on the way out in my area. What I wore in the early 1980s were clogs (casual) and those weird slip on skinny stacked heels ankle twister things (dressy occasions). I can't remember what they were called.

I believe they were well on the way out in my area. What I wore in the early 1980s were clogs (casual) and those weird slip on skinny stacked heels ankle twister things (dressy occasions). I can't remember what they were called.

The slide high heel clogs were very popular ... I remember them Alleykins

All thou these are satin with no brown or tan strip they are red with a 3 1/2" heel from a 1979 catalog. Could imagine them being this style

1979satinuppershoes.jpg

1980 JcPenney Catalog
vintage-summer-1980-jc-penney-catalog_1_99f501c4eb7314bfc57f8b210bf9517e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics