Supreme Court Nominee

Should a person be judged on something done over 40 years ago?

• Yes

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • No

Votes: 17 11.3%
  • Depends

Votes: 75 49.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The New Yorker quotes Elizabeth Rasor, who was in a relationship with Kavanaugh’s high school classmate and friend Mark Judge for three years, contradicting his claim that he couldn’t recall any type of sexual aggression.Rasor, however, says that’s not true and is coming forward to contradict his claim. “Under normal circumstances, I wouldn’t reveal information that was told in confidence,” Rasor said.
Rasor recalled that Judge had told her ashamedly of an incident that involved him and other boys taking turns having sex with a drunk woman. Rasor said that Judge seemed to regard it as fully consensual. She said that Judge did not name others involved in the incident, and she has no knowledge that Kavanaugh participated. But Rasor was disturbed by the story and noted that it undercut Judge’s protestations about the sexual innocence of Georgetown Prep.
This Is the Most Disturbing Paragraph in the New Kavanaugh Story

@realDonald Trump tweeted
Avenatti is a third rate lawyer who is good at making false accusations, like he did on me and like he is now doing on Judge Brett Kavanaugh. He is just looking for attention and doesn’t want people to look at his past record and relationships - a total low-life!

I thought Michael Avenatti's 15 minutes would have been up by now :D

I wondered this, too. Looks like he managed to schedule at least anther 15 minutes.

I mean. Just, wow. Sometimes victims learn to trust specific litigators for their specialized experience and will seek them out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ne...ng-rape-avenatti-julie-swetnick-1139745?amp=1

I’m aware of the “culture” that existed around this time. And collegiate rape/sexual assault stats, unfortunately, haven’t changed significantly since the ’80s.

@realDonald Trump tweeted
Avenatti is a third rate lawyer who is good at making false accusations, like he did on me and like he is now doing on Judge Brett Kavanaugh. He is just looking for attention and doesn’t want people to look at his past record and relationships - a total low-life!

JUST ONCE, would someone accidentally on purpose delete his Twitter app for just one day? Today would be a good one, for example. It’s for his own good as much as anyone else’s. ❤️

I do believe that there needs to be an investigation into these allegations, for everyone's benefit, including Judge Kavanaugh's.

I don't feel comfortable at what seems to be "rushing" the vote in the midst of all of this.

Maybe I am alone in feeling this way. I just don't like this "rushing" to vote because I don't feel it would benefit anyone. The accusers and witnesses deserve to be heard, just as Judge Kavanaugh deserves to be heard.

Just my opinion.

JUST ONCE, would someone accidentally on purpose delete his Twitter app for just one day? Today would be a good one, for example. It’s for his own good as much as anyone else’s. ❤️
His duties today are chairing the Security Council at the United Nations. Guess they are on break.

I do believe that there needs to be an investigation into these allegations, for everyone's benefit, including Judge Kavanaugh's.

I don't feel comfortable at what seems to be "rushing" the vote in the midst of all of this.

Maybe I am alone in feeling this way. I just don't like this "rushing" to vote because I don't feel it would benefit anyone. The accusers and witnesses deserve to be heard, just as Judge Kavanaugh deserves to be heard.

Just my opinion.
I'd be ok with this but I think that would mean an extensive investigation into Ford also. Wonder if she'd be willing to let the FBI access her social media accounts and texts ? That should definitely show if she has any ulterior motives.

If an FBI investigation had been done earlier on these accusers, they could have done it by now unless something of substance was found. This is a lifetime position. I just fail to understand the slam-bam approach Republicans are taking on this. What's the rush?

I can think of one big reason for it: POTUS wants this guy installed like yesterday to give him a thumbs down on Meuller.

Last edited:
I'd be ok with this but I think that would mean an extensive investigation into Ford also. Wonder if she'd be willing to let the FBI access her social media accounts and texts ? That should definitely show if she has any ulterior motives.

... and not just with the women. Shoot, examine emails and other correspondence, too.

Trump would have to OK the FBI’s involvement, which is standard procedure and has been done before. He’s refused to do so.

MOO

Kavanaugh should withdraw from his nomination at this time, imo. What’s the rush? Give it a few weeks or whatever, clear the air, clear his name, then move forward at that time, if he still wishes to.

There hasn’t been a huge rush to fill SCOTUS vacancies thus far, imo. It can wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48