Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your insight. Makes sense.

Could you shed some light on how/where the footprint was made?
MOO
I think the footprint was made in the house. I think the kids were put in bags for transportation.

I still have absolutely no idea why he would have found it necessary to step on what I believe to be a trash bag.

The court denied the state's motion to seal the records. The court agreed with the media who filed responses that the criminal court lacks the authority to decide the issue and that if they want it sealed the custodian has to file a separate action in district court.

If they do, then a separate court will decide.

I think the footprint was made in the house. I think the kids were put in bags for transportation.

I still have absolutely no idea why he would have found it necessary to step on what I believe to be a trash bag.
just throwing this out there, what if the bare foot imprint (if that's what it is), doesn't match anyone in the household, but matches other bags at the house?

The court denied the state's motion to seal the records. The court agreed with the media who filed responses that the criminal court lacks the authority to decide the issue and that if they want it sealed the custodian has to file a separate action in district court.

If they do, then a separate court will decide.
Is this good?

just throwing this out there, what if the bare foot imprint (if that's what it is), doesn't match anyone in the household, but matches other bags at the house?
Well that’s why they wanted his feet to be printed, to determine who it belonged to.

I think most people take a trash bag out of the box each time they use one, and don’t have them laying around somewhere. I expect this print to match, as he’s already admitted to dumping their bodies.

They would certainly attempt to match this particular bag or bags, with those present at the house.

It makes far more sense for the print on the bag to be his, than anyone else’s.

Well that’s why they wanted his feet to be printed, to determine who it belonged to.

I think most people take a trash bag out of the box, and don’t have them laying around somewhere. I expect this print to match, as he’s already admitted to dumping their bodies.

They would certainly attempt to match this particular bag or bags, with those present at the house.

It makes far more sense for the print on the bag to be his, than anyone else’s.
With what we know so far, that is the logical conclusion.

Maybe he was barefooted when he murdered his family, he then went to get the bags, he’d probably need more than one, he put the other bag on the floor while he opened the other bag up to place one of the girls inside. While placing Bella or Cece in the bag, he maybe stepped back on to the other bag on the floor, JMO.

Thank you. But now I have another question. Why do you think the footprint was made at the oil site?
MOO
There was no reason for CW to be barefoot at the house, not at the time he would be using a bag. He would be fully dressed and ready to leave. From the true crime books, articles, etc., that I have read, killers are so busy being smart that sometimes, they end up being dumb. (Sorry for this description) I think CW had a problem getting, at least one of the girls, through the hatch. He couldn't bare to look at them, so he covers them with the bag they had been transported in and uses his foot to push down (legs are stronger than arms and there's more leverage), But being smart he doesn't want a shoe print, so he removes his shoe, leaving a foot print. When he's done he throws the bag down, over the side and then forgets about it while he's burying SW. Since there seems to be no blood traces anywhere, perhaps he was very careful of not causing blood. In that case maybe the bag over the body, while it was in the hatch, was a barrier to blood and the shoe was removed because shoe soles do retain traces of blood, DNA, etc., in the nooks and crannies. Feet can be wiped off or washed. The DA did want prints and measurements of his feet. IIRC. Again, sorry for the descriptions. Any way you turn, it's horrible.

I'm back!!!! After almost a month without internet (because of a move) and a phone crash...I can get back online now.

I've got about 20 threads to catch up on but can someone give me a little bit of a summary? I see something about a footprint but not sure what that is about. Try not to move to fast until I get caught up please.

Maybe he was barefooted when he murdered his family, he then went to get the bags, he’d probably need more than one, he put the other bag on the floor while he opened the other bag up to place one of the girls inside. While placing Bella or Cece in the bag, he maybe stepped back on to the other bag on the floor, JMO.
Yeah, I like this theory.

This crime happened in the early hours of the morning, and he likely wouldn’t be wearing shoes. In his news interviews, he was barefoot in sandals (Side-note, socks and sandals are absolutely acceptable).

Hello - I am a long time lurker on this thread - but my first post. This case has intrigued me in so many ways. This is MOO - What led him to killing his wife and little girls - I see Shanann as being the one in the relationship whom everyone likes - she is friendly, happy, has a little sass to her, she can light up a room. Chris is the one who is a follower, with a low self esteem. He liked the fact that a pretty girl with the friendly personality would date him then become his wife. He felt on top of the world. They have kids - he isn't the center of attention anymore but can deal with it. Then Shanann gets involved with Thrive - she is a top earner -( I sell for a MLM - I know what you got to do to make the big bucks, I don't make my biz my top income so I don't push the "fake it till you make it" way on social media) - now he feels like she isn't paying enough attention to him. He doesn't feel important - maybe he feels like all he is there for is to take care of the kids, he starts to resent them, Shanann and Thrive. He gets into shape and starts taking care of himself. He is getting attention from female coworkers - something that he never had before - and now he is liking it since Shanann isn't giving him the attention like he thinks he deserves. Shanann and the kids are gone to NC for 6 weeks - he is getting the attention from someone else (maybe even more than one person) - they come back from NC - he decides he doesn't want to live the family life anymore. I think it was premeditated... Why did he delete his FB profile a week before this all happened? He likes attention - I think that's what some people want that help with low self esteem. I know a few others have posted something similar to this. These are just my thoughts. My friend sells Thrive - she met Shanann at one of their getaways last year. She said she was one of the nicest people she has ever met. This whole case is sad. Hell divorce is an easier way out!

It really is. But for some reason these family annihilators find the idea of divorce unthinkable, and murder is the best option.

Why?

It's crazy. Even if they got away with it, the media, the scrutiny, the police all over the place, investigating, questioning, family and friends panicking and grieving and wondering forever. Or if the family is found dead, mourning and funerals, etc.

All of that is somehow easier for these murderers?

And yet to them it is.

Why? I think it depends on the person. But it seems to always come down to this narcissistic panic of being unmasked and/or disappointing dominating parents.

In scott Peterson's case apparently leaving a pregnant wife right before birth, at Christmas, for an affair, was something he could not do. He could not face or upset his annihilating mother by being less than perfect.

For Chris Coleman, he could not veer from the strict tenets of his extremely fundamentalist Christian parents- his pastor father, by divorcing his wife and breaking up his family, with two boys, for an affair. And that would be unacceptable and cause him to lose his job as body guard to his televangelist boss.

So murder was easier.

For Christian Longo, again, he came from a strict, Jehovah Witness background. Divorce is not an option in ther community.

I note in a recent FA case out of Canada, the dad who killed his daughters and wife was a youth pastor. Maybe divorce was not an option for him either. Not much else is known.

I think each case is different but they can't face being unmasked. They can't face being thought of as a bad guy.

I guess suspicion that they're a murderer is far less frightening than being definitively known as someone who has "left" his family for someone else or for freedom in general.

I also think some of these murderers simply don't want to be saddled with child support, child custody, spousal support or the loss of half their assets in divorce.

I'm back!!!! After almost a month without internet (because of a move) and a phone crash...I can get back online now.

I've got about 20 threads to catch up on but can someone give me a little bit of a summary? I see something about a footprint but not sure what that is about. Try not to move to fast until I get caught up please.
Welcome back, tjredline. Glad to hear your problems have been resolved. You can save yourself some time by going to the media thread and reading from the date you left off. There are just 15 pages total and you may be able to skip many of those. MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINES - NO DISCUSSION - - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4

There was no reason for CW to be barefoot at the house, not at the time he would be using a bag. He would be fully dressed and ready to leave. From the true crime books, articles, etc., that I have read, killers are so busy being smart that sometimes, they end up being dumb. (Sorry for this description) I think CW had a problem getting, at least one of the girls, through the hatch. He couldn't bare to look at them, so he covers them with the bag they had been transported in and uses his foot to push down (legs are stronger than arms and there's more leverage), But being smart he doesn't want a shoe print, so he removes his shoe, leaving a foot print. When he's done he throws the bag down, over the side and then forgets about it while he's burying SW. Since there seems to be no blood traces anywhere, perhaps he was very careful of not causing blood. In that case maybe the bag over the body, while it was in the hatch, was a barrier to blood and the shoe was removed because shoe soles do retain traces of blood, DNA, etc., in the nooks and crannies. Feet can be wiped off or washed. The DA did want prints and measurements of his feet. IIRC. Again, sorry for the descriptions. Any way you turn, it's horrible.
I disagree. This crime occurred late at night, and he wouldn’t likely have been fully dressed at this point.

If this crime was spur of the moment, he is far more likely to have been barefoot than wearing shoes.

Even if this crime was premeditated, the same applies (perhaps likely to a slightly smaller degree).

This guy left an exposed sheet at the scene, possibly left an exposed trash bag, did a sloppy job of burying his wife, and had limited time.

He wasn’t taking his shoes off here, not with the time constraint and overall sloppiness that he exhibited in other areas.

I absolutely believe this print was left while he was barefoot, inside his house.

I just had a horrific thought. What if one the girls wasn't dead yet? What if he saw the plastic bag move from slight breathing after he put her in it? Maybe he was barefoot while getting dressed for work and stepped on the bag to stop the breathing? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member