TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - quoted post removed>
The biggest question in my mind is, "Why that day?" It would have been easier to wait until Rachel was alone.
-
One possibility is that Rachel was planning to announce her pregnancy to her family members the next day, on Christmas Eve.
-
Another possibility is that disposing of Rachel's body (or, as it turned out, all three bodies) had to be done that day. Maybe cement was being poured in a particular location, and work was about to stop for the winter. Maybe an incinerator was accessible that day and only that day for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
The biggest question in my mind is, "Why that day?" It would have been easier to wait until Rachel was alone.
-
One possibility is that Rachel was planning to announce her pregnancy to her family members the next day, on Christmas Eve.
-
Another possibility is that disposing of Rachel's body (or, as it turned out, all three bodies) had to be done that day. Maybe cement was being poured in a particular location, and work was about to stop for the winter. Maybe an incinerator was accessible that day and only that day for some reason.
I’m hoping their remains are recoverable.

The problem is that bodies dumped in water usually come back up. That’s why the idea of them in a car dumped in water is one of the few ways to dispose of remains in water.

The cars that are found with remains in them, almost always the result of a car accident, make headlines and drove what may or may not be false hope in this case.

The fact is most cars are dumped in water simply because they were stolen for a joyride or the owner is looking for an insurance claim for s car they no longer want. Still crimes, but minor compared to triple murder.

Well if nothing else, the lake is getting cleaned up. The third car from what I understand is a doozy! Sitting along a shelf with a drop. Why don’t they just run video or imaging to determine the make and model or find the chassis number if it is older? That I don’t understand. I also understand that there was talk of not pulling the car because of condition. Video it in place!

Btw. Star Telegram piece is saying that RA is going to become certified to dive. These guys have varied experience themselves. What does a brand new diver with no boyancy control or experience with recovery think he is going to do on a wreck other than cause a problem?

I have considered so many possible scenarios but no matter what I can never make it fit to encompass 3 girls...especially when they could have simply been taken home..if Rachel was the focus...

Well if nothing else, the lake is getting cleaned up. The third car from what I understand is a doozy! Sitting along a shelf with a drop. Why don’t they just run video or imaging to determine the make and model or find the chassis number if it is older? That I don’t understand. I also understand that there was talk of not pulling the car because of condition. Video it in place!
The problem, as I heard it explained, is that the lake is deep enough and murky enough that most of the work is done by feel. Even bringing in lighting, there probably is no chance of a visual examination or filming down there.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

Hi, like other posters controlling three individuals in broad daylight, on or near a major shopping area, two days before Christmas is the concept I am most struggling with. IMO the "fit of rage" presented usually tells me there may be an element of sloppiness and/or not thinking everything through long term. And if that is the case there should (?) be more clues. What is clear to me is whether it was planned or unplanned <modsnip - accusing non POI>, then the other two girls being there was a tragic surprise. I don't know, the wild card to me has always been the letter. If you believe the letter was written by <modsnip> or another family member then I see no need to even look at security guards, serial killers, etc. On the other hand, if you believe the letter was not written by <modsnip> and/or family member then you probably will put him aside and look at all the other scenarios floating out there. Which again, puts me back to my first point about getting three individuals under control. Whenever I look at disappearances, cold cases, etc. I try not to waste time in rabbit holes, and scenarios that do not make sense to me.

"Fit of rage" would be the only plausible explanation for <modsnip> to do it there and then. That's why FW Cat's theory makes sense to me.

But I agree if it was not <modsnip>, then it could be all kinds of stranger abduction. And no crime scene and forensic evidence ever found. Unless you call the letter/envelope one evidence.

And if there's DNA on the envelope, it does not belong to any known suspect, including security guards and known serial killers whose DNA had been obtained.

It would be a dead end, if it was not <modsnip>, I guess.

Btw. Star Telegram piece is saying that RA is going to become certified to dive. These guys have varied experience themselves. What does a brand new diver with no boyancy control or experience with recovery think he is going to do on a wreck other than cause a problem?
Mr.Limelight Sometimes I wonder how the other families deal with him.

Hi, like other posters controlling three individuals in broad daylight, on or near a major shopping area, two days before Christmas is the concept I am most struggling with. IMO the "fit of rage" presented usually tells me there may be an element of sloppiness and/or not thinking everything through long term. And if that is the case there should (?) be more clues. What is clear to me is whether it was planned or unplanned <modsnip - accusing non POI>, then the other two girls being there was a tragic surprise. I don't know, the wild card to me has always been the letter. If you believe the letter was written by <modsnip> or another family member then I see no need to even look at security guards, serial killers, etc. On the other hand, if you believe the letter was not written by <modsnip> and/or family member then you probably will put him aside and look at all the other scenarios floating out there. Which again, puts me back to my first point about getting three individuals under control. Whenever I look at disappearances, cold cases, etc. I try not to waste time in rabbit holes, and scenarios that do not make sense to me.
I am thoroughly convinced that <modsnip> wrote the letter. I consider that a closed question. The idiosyncrasies common to the letter and to a known sample of his writing are conclusive as far as I'm concerned. (That the letter wouldn't fit in the envelope that he claimed it came in is just icing on the cake.)

I am thoroughly convinced that <modsnip> wrote the letter. I consider that a closed question. The idiosyncrasies common to the letter and to a known sample of his writing are conclusive as far as I'm concerned. (That the letter wouldn't fit in the envelope that he claimed it came in is just icing on the cake.)
I agree. Did he deliver the envelope to LE or did <modsnip> take it?

I agree. Did he deliver the envelope to LE or did <modsnip> take it?
I want to say that he gave the letter to <modsnip> but later produced the envelope at LE's request. Some speculate that he re-purposed that envelope because it was the only one he had received that day that didn't already have a return address on it.

I've searched and researched. But until either LE or the families call out what is pure fiction, there is just no way to get anywhere.

That's so sad to me. If there wasn't a wildfire of rumor, maybe someone would be able to come up with something that could possibly make all the difference.

I've searched and researched. But until either LE or the families call out what is pure fiction, there is just no way to get anywhere.

That's so sad to me. If there wasn't a wildfire of rumor, maybe someone would be able to come up with something that could possibly make all the difference.
Absolutely agree with you. <modsnip - discussing fb group>

There was "Sex Trafficking" going on in those days..... Who were <modsnip>'s connections?
Where -"Exacty" was his business he was WORKING at that day?
Could there have been a unexpected visit to a business and then the letter for cover time to export "Three innocent pieces of merchandise." Think outside of the box.

LE is keeping quiet. You don't know whether there is ongoing investigation, or there is hardly any investigation! FW Cat was optimistic with the new detective, but that's a while ago now.

As for the families... I think TT's family is calling every TT related theory, pure fiction! I haven't seen any evidence provided though.

It seems everyone who's talking, doesn't know anything. Anyone who knows something, isn't talking.

K just a quick rundown..sorry..tis a busy day...Rusty and his mom have put aside their disagreements. My comment wasn't directed specifically at you as there have been a few posts indicating that may be the case (re: being the only one to think this). There are many versions to how many polygraphs Debra actually took, and what those results were. Tommy has been quoted as saying he isn't certain the Savings Bonds were even in the car and since AMW dropped the ball on Julie Ann's call, they make it sound like it was years later, I don't hold much merit to the possibility they were in the car and may be cashed some day.
just a question that I may have missed being I am new here and just found this site. From my understanding in multiple sites Rusty feels as if Debra has/had something to do with the girls disappearance but has the husband ever been looked at as a suspect also? What was the out come of that also? Sorry if this has already been asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53