AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The time of the shots fired is based only on the neighbors account of hearing them. I don’t believe LE has released the TOD for the parents. This could be something that is a critical point, especially if something happened there that went on for a period of time - longer than about 30 minutes. MOO

No, I don't believe LE has released the TOD, either. I agree with you, it may very well be a critical point.

I wonder what time Jayme's father arrived home from work, did he surprise the robber, predator, current/ex/secret boyfriend and things quickly went south.
If the family believed it was someone known to them i think one of them would have said something.
If it was a boy connected to Jayme, you would think police should have discovered this by now and released this information to help in quickly finding him and Jayme.
Wonder what time exactly the neighbors herd the gunshots was it at 1am or sometime before.
the 4 minute window of the 911 call and police arriving doesn't leave alot time for the suspect/s to complete what there doing, clean up/remove evidence, take Jayme willingly or otherwise (she would have been very distraught at very least) and disappear.

Perhaps the private citizens meeting is a way to draw the perp away from Jayme. Assume they know who did this and where she is but for some reason feel rescuing Jayme is potentially too dangerous fo keeping her safe. Maybe they think perp will be so curious he will leave her tied up, locked up, restrained in whatever way and he will come to town. While mtg is going on a group of LE could rescue her and then they could arrest him. I know it’s probably just wishful speculation on my part. But man, I wish it were so.

I apologize if idea has been floated and discarded either based on smarter sleuthers than I or release of more information. I can not keep up with this thread.
I think it’s far more likely that this meeting was held for its stated purpose, than for any other reason.

If this guy is still in the community, and is still holding Jayme, then he has better things to do (in his mind), then attend a meeting.

We’ve heard of killers attending meetings like this before, but generally it is after the heat has dissipated somewhat. It’s hot right now, and only getting hotter.

Speculation here, but I found the information here about the Cameron School District helpful... Cameron School District - Comet Club

IMO, and JMO, I believe this is why Jayme originally went to Cameron schools, even though she resides in the Barron School District. I think she aged out of being eligible for this program, and added to her “ride-giver” moving closer to Barron, it became necessary to get her into a school closer to home. I can’t find a “comet club” for Barron School District, but if I lived in the two towns, and had to choose between schools, Cameron would win solely for the “comet club.”

Both schools are great schools, strong athletic programs, good academic programs.

Back to lurker mode; I will be back when I have information that is hopeful or relevant.

Wow -- good info, Oller! I would imagine the Comet Club is just for kids like Jayme, and I'm betting there are a lot of them -- both parents are (or a single parent is) working shifts when they need to be home with their children. One works the early hours, one works middle or late hours, if the plant runs 24-hr days. My child would be in that program, too -- and 13 years old is not old enuff for most children to be at home alone.

And in this case, what irony.

Last edited:
WS does not tolerate bashing LE. Everyone knows that some LEAs are corrupt and some aren't. Some LEOs are corrupt and some aren't. A small town police force can be just as great or just as bad as a large city police force.

I see nothing in this case indicating that LE has botched the entire thing or is not asking for the help from other agencies that they require.

Unless and until LE in this case proves to be incompetent, there is no reason to bash their efforts to find Jayme.

Word. Totally. I’ve/we’ve seen countless investigations and they are clearly working it.
Great thinking @Moonracer!

Hi zen :heart: It’s always an honor to have your positive energy in a case, especially when tensions are high :)

To which post are you referring? If you can find the post you can hit “quote”, then go to your above post and in edit mode insert quote? I think that would work. Testing myself.

ETA: it appears insert quote does not appear in edit mode under “More Options”.

(Still learning the new software)

Last edited:
I agree...I don’t think the idea was to abduct her. I think the abduction was an afterthought. If the goal was abduction there would have been no need for a messy double homicide. Just grab the girl at some point and take off. Much easier than shooting the place up.
Just thinking out loud here... if the primary objective was to abduct Jayme, I can’t see a scenario that would play out where the parents are shot first and Jayme is abducted 30 minutes later.

Yeah, the scenario doesn't comport with, say, an "anonymous" or previously unknown internet predator type. Wouldn't make a lick of sense to shoot up a house and commit a double-homicide to abduct a 13 year old. Predators usually look to abduct while the victims are in transit between home/school or lure their victims to a 3rd location.

The case this calls to mind is the Lauria Bible/Ashley Freeman case out of Oklahoma. i.e., the primary goal was to punish/shoot one or more of the adults and then the perp(s) abducted the girl(s) as an afterthought.

The other scenario we've seen in the past is the romeo and juliet star-crossed teen lovers situation; where the teens decide to take out the parents so they can be together.

Please share where it stated that Jayme was at home when the 911 was made? I don't think any LE official has made that statement.

I heard it from the Sheriff on HLN on the 7 pm EST. Not sure where everyone else heard it. Also was the first time I heard they have the phone the 911 call was made from. IMO they probably heard Jayme crying in the background, that's how they would know for sure she was there.

hey all. first time poster, long time lurker. This case is stressing me out enough to go ahead and register.

zero problem with asking media to stay away from the meeting. town must be terrified. I would be. That said, someone else made a point. There is likely something to be said about how the info gets out of that meeting. I bet there is some strategy involved there.

For the life of me, I cant figure out how not telling us whose phone is being used gets us closer to finding this poor girl. If she was likely deceased, and we are now purely on a manhunt, i guess I defer to the police to do whatever is needed to find the perpetrators. But priority #1 must be finding that poor little girl. If its someone else's phone, tell us.

I heard it from the Sheriff on HLN on the 7 pm EST. Not sure where everyone else heard it. Also was the first time I heard they have the phone the 911 call was made from. IMO they probably heard Jayme crying in the background, that's how they would know for sure she was there.

I think i heard that too. sheriff hedged on the words "help" tho. said it was possible

I don’t agree that this no-press meeting is any kind of trap to see who shows up and who doesn’t. This community needs a candid discussion with their local law enforcement. That’s exactly what this is.

Yes in Jessicas case we had some of this.

I’ve seen therapy dogs brought to school, etc.

It was released today that the sheriff's office was onsite at the Closs home four minutes after the 911 call. Since the door was "shot in", the sheriff department officer would have known something horrible had occurred inside the house. An officer would have entered immediately.

Relatives indicated that yes, the door was shot in, but did LE actually confirm this?

I tend to be anally retentive with info. like this; I don't recall Sheriff Fitzgerald actually confirming it.

Enclosed link for Everyone's perusal.

Police trace 911 call after Wisconsin girl goes missing, parents found dead

Last edited:
Who made the 911 call " I cant comment on that as its part of the investigation"
Lets recap
We know someone dialed 911 inside the house, no neighbors called 911
If it was either of Jayme's parents how does that impact the investigation (they are dead)
If it was Jayme still doesn't impact the investigation (we know she was there)
Unlikely the suspect/s who just murder 2 people called but anything possible i guess.
The mind boggles on the mindset of police and there (lack of) sharing of simple information.

FWIW, its possible since they say they have the cell phone the 911 call was made from, and who likely made the call, that the phone is Jayme's and they might not want to alert someone who took her to the fact she may have secretly called for help, for fear of angering them and them taking it out on her in some way. IF it was her (And who knows at this point), she might have done it secretly and hid the phone or placed it out of sight so she wouldn't be caught making the call (Hence why no talking). Just throwing that out there as a potential reason why they wouldn't release that information.

Ok 4 mins from call. LE states from what they heard Jayme was there - if that is from noise alone or its Jayme's phone. So if Jayme was in distress, no screaming? I guess not knowing the 911 details, the perp if she was taken - would have to be drugged ot keep her silent??? I dunno so many questions....

hey all. first time poster, long time lurker. This case is stressing me out enough to go ahead and register.

zero problem with asking media to stay away from the meeting. town must be terrified. I would be. That said, someone else made a point. There is likely something to be said about how the info gets out of that meeting. I bet there is some strategy involved there.

For the life of me, I cant figure out how not telling us whose phone is being used gets us closer to finding this poor girl. If she was likely deceased, and we are now purely on a manhunt, i guess I defer to the police to do whatever is needed to find the perpetrators. But priority #1 must be finding that poor little girl. If its someone else's phone, tell us.

Welcome jayaxx :)

Hi, 1st post here but have been following you all for awhile & think your commitment is great.
Article written an hour ago:
https://nypost.com/2018/10/17/missing-girl-was-home-when-parents-were-killed-cops/

Welcome paigrayjax :)

From your link above:

“Based on our investigation thus far, we believe Jayme was in the home at the time of the homicides and we believe she is still in danger,” said Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald during a Wednesday afternoon press conference.”

Missing girl was home when parents were killed: cops
By Chris Perez October 17, 2018 | 10:17pm |
https://nypost.com/2018/10/17/missing-girl-was-home-when-parents-were-killed-cops/

The time of the shots fired is based only on the neighbors account of hearing them. I don’t believe LE has released the TOD for the parents. This could be something that is a critical point, especially if something happened there that went on for a period of time - longer than about 30 minutes. MOO
Indeed. One of them could have been dead for hours before the other one. Until law enforcement tells us many scenarios are possible.

Maybe this is foolish, but what about LE examining people driving INTO the area in the hour right before the attacks? By looking at cams?

Hoping she is alive and found safe.

Dear Moonracer,

I posted earlier what a great point you've made. However I didn't attach my post to yours.

Your idea of "LE examining people driving INTO the area in the hour right before the attacks" is brilliant.

LE may still be working on this. I have no idea just how busy that highway is.

I haven't looked for a map of the area yet and where the closest cams are, especially gas stations, etc.

And now for a positive comment about the media. My local late night news just featured Jayme's disappearance and played part of the press conference from today and showed clips from her family and friends speaking about how scared they are for Jayme. They reminded us that Jayme's grandparents are grieving the loss of Jayme's parents and they still don't know where Jayme is.

And I live a good 1200 miles or so from Barron, WI. I'm glad to see the media getting the word out nationwide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa