AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The killer didn't stick around for half an hour unless he or she was incredibly dumb. He or she can't be that dumb since he or she has evaded LE for several days. This means the 911 call was made by a dying parent and the yelling heard in the background was moaning from that dying parent. LE may have thought it would be insensitive to the Closs family to state that the background noise was moaning from a dying parent.
Yes, I see your point about the 911 call being made by a dying parent. (ugh)

How many people in the county of 45,000 people are actually going to be there? What about all of those tens of thousands that can't get to it? (Let alone try to fit 45,000 people into the building.)
How are those people going to learn what was asked, what information was shared, etc. unless something like the media, oh heck, the media reports it and spreads that information so everyone has the opportunity to learn it instead of the few hundred, maybe 1000 at most that would fit in the town hall?

So instead of all of the county residents having a chance to hear things first hand, get the same questions they have, answered, only a few hundred or a thousand will get to do so. This is why we have the media because they can get that information to a wider audience.

<modsnip - LE comment>.
I think the population of the town is around 3,318. I'm guessing the majority of people going would be those whose kids are in the school district or those that have questions. I don't believe LE is going to give them any more info then they have already given the media because they just don't have those answers. I think this just shows that he is concerned and is invested in the community. Jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly. I understand people just want to stay positive and its much more comforting to think LE has more info but considering they made the extremely rare decision to come out the next day and flat out say they have nothing, i tend to think they don't have much.

Mollies case was a great example. Most people were convinced they had much more then they were letting on and it turned out they had pretty much nothing until shortly before the arrest when they got the video and identified the car.

It’s still no reason to criticize LE and make thinly veiled accusations that they are purposely misleading the public. They just genuinely may not know. This isn’t directed at you, I’m just replying to your post.

The time of the shots fired is based only on the neighbors account of hearing them. I don’t believe LE has released the TOD for the parents. This could be something that is a critical point, especially if something happened there that went on for a period of time - longer than about 30 minutes. MOO

Dear tigertales,

I certainly agree with everything you've said.

When we find out when the shift ended that James was working (the grandfather said that James could not make it to the afternoon get together because he was working) that will also lead into the timeline.

How long were Jayme and her Mom alone with the perp(s) before James came home from work?

If, in fact, he was still at work when the intruder(s) arrived at the house.

We have so many questions but of course the important one is where is Jayme?

Imo LE is not going to outright say at this stage that “there’s a good chance he has already killed her. Or that he soon will.” That’s why he didn't answer specifically “what’s your fear?” “Danger”, yes.

LE will only say this if they have forensic evidence such as blood, or she’s been gone a long time, other evidence, etc etc.

Here’s an example:
Longmont police believe Rita Gutierrez-Garcia is dead, have ID'd 'person of interest'

-please feel free to cite examples of cases that were otherwise

Please forgive me as I’m slow in editing and on a very limited device, can barely see the screen lol, not to mention this winter weather change has me very stiff and slow.

Last edited:
Dear Jethro4WS,

The cell used to call 911 could have come from the Dad's phone and it flew out of his hand possibly when he was shot.

Jayme's grandfather has stated that Denise and Jayme were at the family get together however James was not - he was at work. Possibly he didn't get home until midnight - depends when his shift ended.

The intruder could have been inside the home with Jayme and her mother when her father, James, returning from work, came to the door.

Muffled sounds of help may have sounded like a young girl's and that's why L.E. believes she was there at that moment.
Of course, that is entirely possible. It makes a lot of sense in terms of sequencing. Regardless of what happened something that law enforcement was able to separate/extract from the 911 recording indicated she was there.

My sense is that it was not Jayme's phone that made the 911 call.

Of course, that is entirely possible. It makes a lot of sense in terms of sequencing. Regardless of what happened something that law enforcement was able to separate/extract from the 911 recording indicated she was there.

My sense is that it was not Jayme's phone that made the 911 call.
Please share where it stated that Jayme was at home when the 911 was made? I don't think any LE official has made that statement.

It’s much better to voluntarily take a breather than to be forced to take a break.

JMO, I think she is still in the area, and I think she is with someone who is local to the area.

Jayme, as soon as we’re allowed to help search for you, those of us who can, will come search for you! Keep up the fight, we will find you!

Yes, we own a home Renovations company and , after materials our customers can easily spend $15000 on painting, average bath remodel, maybe new flooring, and a roof
...we have done $15k bath remodels alone (while I dont imagine that was the case with them)you would however be surprised on what are priorities for people in regards to their homes.
Or 13K in one shot if your septic tank goes bad. Cost of living in the country. And almost no matter what your financial situation is, a bank that holds the mortgage to your house will give you a loan for that ASAP because it becomes unlivable if they don't. They have to weigh protecting their investment with the risk that you can't pay it back.

RBBM

THIS^^^^

Trying to wrap my head around the timeline between the gunshots and when LE discovered the bodies.
It was released today that the sheriff's office was onsite at the Closs home four minutes after the 911 call. Since the door was "shot in", the sheriff department officer would have known something horrible had occurred inside the house. An officer would have entered immediately.

Perhaps the private citizens meeting is a way to draw the perp away from Jayme. Assume they know who did this and where she is and are watching the location as they try to figure out best rescue method but for some reason feel rescuing Jayme is potentially too dangerous for keeping her safe. Maybe they think perp will be so curious he will leave her tied up, locked up, restrained in whatever way and he will come to town. While mtg is going on a group of LE could rescue her and then they could arrest him. I know it’s probably just wishful speculation on my part. But man, I wish it were so.

I apologize if idea has been floated and discarded either based on smarter sleuthers than I or release of more information. I can not keep up with this thread.

Why you might want to own a 'burner phone'
"Anonymity isn’t fully guaranteed, however, as burner phones can still be located over a cellular network by the temporary phone number, or logged whenever you call someone else’s phone via their carrier."
What if the location on the phone is off and/ or they use a VOIP app for service?can it still be tracked?

Who made the 911 call " I cant comment on that as its part of the investigation"
Lets recap
We know someone dialed 911 inside the house, no neighbors called 911
If it was either of Jayme's parents how does that impact the investigation (they are dead)
If it was Jayme still doesn't impact the investigation (we know she was there)
Unlikely the suspect/s who just murder 2 people called but anything possible i guess.
The mind boggles on the mindset of police and there (lack of) sharing of simple information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member