Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #85

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kept wondering if this was some creep out for a stroll, but it wouldn't make sense to me, as one would think he wouldn't necessarily have a weapon on him if that was the case, IMO. But when I envision a situation where he walked by them initially (and saw these two girls being vulnerable in his eyes and an easy target), I started thinking that it would be plausible for him to decide to go back to his vehicle (we don't know if he had one, just speculating), in order to retrieve a weapon (maybe a gun?) that he may have already had stowed somewhere, like a glovebox. Pure speculation. Jmo
He might be keeping “paraphernalia”, for lack of a better word, in his car. The gloves, the gun, something else, in the car, just in case.

Last edited:
Looking back on the mistakes made in Jacob Wetterling's case and others similar, I don't think they have a suspect in mind. JMO, most likely it's someone they've already looked at or have been told about and don't realize it's someone they should focus on. When so many tips come in and they focus on following up on every tip, it can divert LE's attention from doing a deep dive into investigating suspects based on timeline and evidence at hand. In the rush to follow up on so many tips, they may lose some focus on suspects that should be ringing alarm bells. JMO, it can be a problem of having too many tips, too many interviews, sort of information overload.

I hope they're going back to fully investigate similar, but lesser crimes and reports in the region. This guy may not have killed anyone before Libby & Abby, but he's probably molested, tried to abduct, stalked or exposed himself to kids. He may be someone who has been seen cruising around elementary and middle schools, etc.

Maybe high schools. We don’t know what his fetish is, girls or young women. Or perhaps he hates women, period. The girls were young, but athletic and tall, and Libby looked pretty strong.

But do we even know whether the trucker abducted the girl?
-
She may have just lied about her age and caught a lift from him at a truck stop (which would hardly make him a suspect in this case).
-
I see a slight resemblance to the still images of BG in terms of facial shape, but the trucker certainly isn't a dead ringer for the sketch.

Certainly the most glaring difference is that bg killed 2 young girls within minutes and this girl is still alive. That alone makes me hesitant to point any fingers, hut the look alone certainly has me giving a strong side eye.

Certainly the most glaring difference is that bg killed 2 young girls within minutes and this girl is still alive. That alone makes me hesitant to point any fingers, hut the look alone certainly has me giving a strong side eye.
It's enough of a resemblance that people are event commenting on the news articles about the trucker that he looks like the sketch in this case. (Certainly not "reddish-brown hair" though.) You can be sure LE is going to check it out with this many people commenting on it.

It's enough of a resemblance that people are event commenting on the news articles about the trucker that he looks like the sketch in this case. (Certainly not "reddish-brown hair" though.) You can be sure LE is going to check it out with this many people commenting on it.
I suppose you can assume that LE in Delphi will get word about the trucker through the news or other law enforcement agencies and try to check the guy's alibi. They won't be influenced by how many people comment on the resemblance, though. It's a given that they couldn't care less about social media (aside from being annoyed with it at times).
-
As for the reddish-brown hair, that sounds like gray hair that's been dyed. Over-the-counter brown hair dye often leaves a reddish tint.

Apologies if it has already been posted; I'm on lunch break so just scanned the last couple pages. Has anyone heard about the "Missing girl found inside Semi in KY"? The headline says Michigan girl and to be clear they are NOT talking about Jayme Closs. Missing Michigan girl found inside semi in Kentucky

I originally saw this article via a link from FB (Missing Pieces Network) and it was suggested this guy looks like BG. Definitely has the same nose.
OMG, he certainly does look like the man under that hat. OMG. I phone LE is looking into this guy.

I suppose you can assume that LE in Delphi will get word about the trucker through the news or other law enforcement agencies and try to check the guy's alibi. They won't be influenced by how many people comment on the resemblance, though. It's a given that they couldn't care less about social media (aside from being annoyed with it at times).
-
As for the reddish-brown hair, that sounds like gray hair that's been dyed. Over-the-counter brown hair dye often leaves a reddish tint.
Can Delphi LE take a DNA sample from him? My God, just looking into his eyes gives me chills, it’s that of defiance, like “they caught me”. IMO

Perhaps he didn’t have the opportunity to kill her yet.
I read the interviews of the neighbors and it made me wonder why they never thought he looked the the BG from Delphi. Hmmmm.

Perhaps he didn’t have the opportunity to kill her yet.
I read the interviews of the neighbors and it made me wonder why they never thought he looked the the BG from Delphi. Hmmmm.
Most people do not watch the news nowadays. Here in Michigan, I would be surprised if one person in twenty had even heard about this case, let alone seen the sketch and images of BG.

OMG, he certainly does look like the man under that hat. OMG. I phone LE is looking into this guy.
I thought the same thing, but according to this article, the runaway girl ASKED him to come pick her up so I think we can avoid going down any rabbit holes and wasting time on this one. I know I was starting to dig deeper but this article stopped me LOL
Michigan runaway said truck driver gave her marijuana

Most people do not watch the news nowadays. Here in Michigan, I would be surprised if one person in twenty had even heard about this case, let alone seen the sketch and images of BG.

Hi Ozoner,

I agree. There are a lot of people across the country who have either never heard of this case or heard about it briefly when it happened and have since forgotten about it. So sad. Abby and Libby deserve justice.

JMO
RIP M+ J

Would someone mind telling me the geography of Michigan, Kentucky and Delphi please. Tia.

Would someone mind telling me the geography of Michigan, Kentucky and Delphi please. Tia.
Those are huge areas you’re asking about. What specifically do you want to know about the geography? The first two are states which are as big as some European countries. The geography varies depending on which part of the state you are looking at.

Google Maps

ETA: I added Delphi, Kentucky, and Michigan on this maps link if that helps you to see where they are in relation to each other. (I realized it might look like I just linked to "Google Maps")

Last edited:
I thought the same thing, but according to this article, the runaway girl ASKED him to come pick her up so I think we can avoid going down any rabbit holes and wasting time on this one. I know I was starting to dig deeper but this article stopped me LOL
Michigan runaway said truck driver gave her marijuana
Okay, but how would a young girl in a group home know his name and phone number unless HE was in contact with her and possibly offered his services to “help her”?

I personally don't see much of a resemblance, but thought I'd mention this anyway. There's a man in his 80's with the same first and last name who lives in Evansdale IA, any possibility they're related? I find it very unlikely, but stranger things have happened. MOO (sorry if that's too close to accusing someone or sleuthing someone unrelated.)

I am wondering what in this man prompted Libby to take his photo and start recording. I remember myself being young and nearly running into a garden-variety pervert on a bridge. What gave me the "danger" signal was not his face (he was far away) but the behavior (he hid behind a brick support).

What I want to say, if someone is far away from you, and you get this "danger" vibe, it is usually the person's behavior, and not the look. I wonder if the BG first approached the girls and walked by them, and then they saw him returning, for example. I don't have the feeling he was targeting them specifically, probably was on the prowl, looking for some random victim.
Unless they had already encountered him on the trails before and got a bad vibe from him. Jmho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes