AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, usually child predators purposely avoid any confrontation with an adult or parent. To murder both parents in order to take the child is very unusual. To act in such an agressive way, kicking the door in and shooting both parents, seems more like rage or drug fueled behavior. Jmo
But we've seen it before. In the Hanna Anderson case, her mother and brother weren't only killed, but they were tortured as well. He also shot and killed the family dog. All because he wanted Hanna. Pure evil.

Agree, it's odd; very aggressive. In a country setting especially. About 40% of the homes in the US have firearms. Why would the perp(s) have the expectation of not being met with deadly force? Anyone kicking in a door with two cars in the driveway, especially after midnight risks being met with an armed homeowner willing to defend their family and

This is a very important point. This person went there knowing there were people inside. My theory is that this bad guy is angry about something. Goes to the house to get even with someone, my theory would be the father. He knocks and the dad comes to the door, but refuses to open it. The guy kicks the door in and immediately shoots him. This explains the first shots being heard at 12:30. The bad guy then realizes he has a problem cause the other two are in the house. He eventually decides to kill the wife and realizes the girl is on the phone with 911. Not knowing how long she's been on the phone, he panics and grabs her and runs out the door. He didn't want to take the time to kill her because the cops could be pulling up any second, and he didn't want to leave her because she could identify him. I also think he could have had some guilt about killing a kid. I don't believe she was the ultimate target. Jmho

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

If it was disconnected by the wall or wires were cut the phone would still ring for the caller. If it was disconnected because they didn't pay their bill or canceled their phone service then the caller would hear a message like, "This number is no longer in service". So when the log states the landline was disconnected I am thinking they mean the number was no longer in service otherwise it seems like they would have said the landline just rang.
Oh, ok. I never realized it would still ring.

The latest post by the Barron County Sheriff's Department provides some greater detail about what behavior to be on the lookout for.

Even more interesting, IMO, is the last paragraph that asks for info from anyone who has spent time with the parents' family recently, or who ever had "misunderstandings" with any of their family members:

Barron County Sheriff's Department
In addition, we are seeking information about the victims, Denise and James Closs. We are hopeful to learn more about the Closs family to help bring Jayme home. If you spent time with members of the Closs family recently, or if you have ever had a misunderstanding with members of the Closs family, or know someone who has, please call the tipline.

“If you spent time with members of the Closs family recently, or if you have ever had a misunderstanding with members of the Closs family, or know someone who has, please call the tipline.“

Re the above, I doubt anyone who had a misunderstanding with the family is going to come forward? I mean maybe they will to clear their name if they think LE might learn about a misunderstanding...I don’t know, it just seems like an odd quote, like who would want to draw attention to themselves at this time? Hope this makes sense.

Last edited:
If the Mom was barricaded in the bathroom, I’m even more puzzled about that dining room chair that was removed as evidence. Looked like there may be blood on it and the ties around the chair were on the right rear and left front— not where a cushion would be tied. Possibly restraints?

Thoughts?

Mom in the bathroom scenario is not a credible fact, it was a rumor.

Just trying to catch up. The parents were killed and Jayme taken. That means Jayme was the target or they would have killed her too. Two murders..three murders..no difference if they came to the house looking for something and not someone.
The question I keep asking is who would be so brazen to kick in the door (lots of rage), kill two people (heaven help us all) then take Jamey who had to be kicking and screaming. And I might add get her out of the house and long gone in four minutes.
One question I do have is how far away are their neighbors? Would they have been far enough away to hear only shots but not voices of arguing???
The rage and the leaving in such haste baffle me.
It was reported in this article that neighbors TS and JS live about 300 feet from the Closs home.
‘It is right next door’: Barron community in shock over couple’s slaying in early morning hours

However, in the last thread, @BreakingBad calculated the distance as 240 yards, per Google Maps.
AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

Google Maps

Are we sure the perp kicked the door in? My interpretation from the police log is police kicked it in, and another poster said they read in a news report the police kicked it in. If the door wasn’t kicked in by the perp it changes implications. Though if LE kicked it in that would indicate someone locked it when they left.

Theory:
Again I am considering the shots heard by neighbors weren’t the fatal shots maybe.

So what if someone couldn’t access a phone earlier to dial 911? But somehow obtained a gun and shot it off trying to alert neighbors to their distress? At that point maybe the distress shooter (theory only!) eventually does obtain a phone and calls for help? Or someone else does? They know JC was in the home at the time of the murders. They’ve stayed it. So who’s yelling during the calls? Jc and someone? Parent and someone? Perps?

If the Mom was barricaded in the bathroom, I’m even more puzzled about that dining room chair that was removed as evidence. Looked like there may be blood on it and the ties around the chair were on the right rear and left front— not where a cushion would be tied. Possibly restraints?

Thoughts?
The left front looked like it was splintered to me. I also couldn't make out any blood, but may not have been looking at the same photo as you and others were. I know many have said they saw blood.
MOO

It was reported in this article that neighbors TS and JS live about 300 feet from the Closs home.
‘It is right next door’: Barron community in shock over couple’s slaying in early morning hours

However, in the last thread, @BreakingBad calculated the distance as 240 yards, per Google Maps.
AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #5

Google Maps

I wonder where the article got that information from? TS and JS?

It seems a little unusual to me that JC had a caretaker at age 13. I’m wondering if the parents felt there was a need to be a little overprotective, for eg., maybe JC reported someone following her, or maybe they knew someone who could potentially be violent.
Or perhaps her parents had to keep an extra eye on her online activity or contact with someone they didn’t approve of. OMO

Are we sure the perp kicked the door in? My interpretation from the police log is police kicked it in, and another poster said they read in a news report the police kicked it in. If the door wasn’t kicked in by the perp it changes implications. Though if LE kicked it in that would indicate someone locked it when they left.
The door was open, so no reason for LE to kick it in.

"Deputies arrived at that address a short time after the call ended to find no one around on the outside,” Sheriff Fitzgerald says as deputies approached the house, they saw the front door was open and there was a deceased male in that front door way. Officers later found a deceased female while searching the rest of the home.
UPDATE: Sheriff: Missing girl was in home at the time of the murders

The door was open, so no reason for LE to kick it in.

"Deputies arrived at that address a short time after the call ended to find no one around on the outside,” Sheriff Fitzgerald says as deputies approached the house, they saw the front door was open and there was a deceased male in that front door way. Officers later found a deceased female while searching the rest of the home.
UPDATE: Sheriff: Missing girl was in home at the time of the murders
Thank you! I remember reading that but thought maybe there was new news.

The word 'caretaker' has taken on a life of it's own. This comes from a newspaper article early on that was giving all the initial facts. The paragraph was:
Jayme attended a Cameron School but transferred to Riverview Middle School in Barron because her family caretaker moved to that area, said Fitzgerald. She is not considered a suspect in her parents’ deaths.

This was not her parents wording. It was likely the wording the school gave the Sheriff. And they probably use catch-all words like 'caretaker' to cover any babysitter, grandparent, neighbor or aunt type person who can pick-up/transport the student. This statement simply means she had a reason for transferring from one school to another. It does not, in any way, imply anything else.

Autopsy results of dead couple coming soon; search for missing teen continues

It seems a little unusual to me that JC had a caretaker at age 13. I’m wondering if the parents felt there was a need to be a little overprotective, for eg., maybe JC reported someone following her, or maybe they knew someone who could potentially be violent.
It was mentioned in a few news articles JC participated in cross country and dance. The caretaker may have been needed to get JC to and from these activities if both parents worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea