Steven Avery: Guilty of Teresa Halbach's Murder?

Is Steven Avery responsible for the murder of Teresa Halbach?

• He did it

Votes: 253 29.7%
  • Some other guy did it

Votes: 67 7.9%
  • Looks guilty at this point

Votes: 74 8.7%
  • Not guilty based on evidence I've seen thus far

Votes: 195 22.9%
  • Undecided, but believe new trial is in order

Votes: 254 29.8%
  • Undecided all around; more information required

Votes: 55 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the police embellishing their evidence isnt what i want to discuss. that's easy for and against either way.
nobody will address Teresa's remains .
how they came to be on averys property if planted.
why would LE cover up the murder of this woman to frame avery.

Have you read about the outright corruption committed by Dr. Leslie Eisenberg in another case where she knowingly misidentified remains. Have you read and comprehended Dr. Eisenbergs testimony in the Avery trial. She had no confidence in what she was saying whatsoever.

What is it you would like to know about the "remains"?

Hi. I don't know what thread this would go in, and it's too overwhelming to try to read through all these posts.

I was just wondering if anyone here got a hinky feeling about Theresa's brother based on the MAM season 1?

This may have been discussed ad nauseum, or never mentioned. I've watched the series at least 3 times, and he really gets my attention every time he shows up.

TIA

Hi. I don't know what thread this would go in, and it's too overwhelming to try to read through all these posts.

I was just wondering if anyone here got a hinky feeling about Theresa's brother based on the MAM season 1?

This may have been discussed ad nauseum, or never mentioned. I've watched the series at least 3 times, and he really gets my attention every time he shows up.

TIA

Yes.

However, not hinky as in he killed her, hinky as in he is not being totally forthcoming. He is hiding something.

Watching season 2 E4 from NL
Very interesting...idd!
And have to add -from my point of view-...if close someone close to me, was found murdered...I would go through hell..to get the right person locked up!
So yesss,I surely have doubts,that the LE did that...you hear so often that justice is blind.
Here in NL,it was...it is!

TIA
I don't like TH's brother but I don't think he had anything to do with her murder.
I think SA is guilty and I feel very sad for TH's family.
MOO.

Her brother and the boyfriend are hiding something. What I'm not sure.

I don't think there is enough evidence to say SA is guilty. I really don't think he killed Teresa.

Her brother and the boyfriend are hiding something. What I'm not sure.

I don't think there is enough evidence to say SA is guilty. I really don't think he killed Teresa.
I get that vibe from the ex boyfriend. LE almost always has the boyfriend and family high on the suspect list, But not here! They were hardly even questioned. I wonder if they had anything to do with the key evidence. The brother didn't have anything to do with TH' murder, IMO, but he may have helped LE convict SA with planting evidence.

‘Making a Murderer’ Prosecutor Gives 9 Reasons Steven Avery Is Guilty
Ken Kratz details to TheWrap key evidence he says was left out of Netflix docu-series

October 19, 2018

"...Since “Making a Murderer” made him famous nearly three years ago, the former Wisconsin prosecutor hasn’t been shy about defending his work in the 2005 murder prosecution of Avery and Brendan Dassey. Soon after the original documentary’s release, TheWrap reached out to him about suggestions in the Netflix docu-series that his office railroaded two innocent defendants....

In an email, Kratz strongly rejected the criticisms, saying the documentary series got it wrong. He concluded by saying Netflix should “either provide an opportunity for rebuttal, or alert the viewers that this series was produced by and FOR the defense of Steven Avery, and contains only the opinion and theory of the defense team.”

Here is his email to us, in its entirety. It begins with the Calumet County district attorney responding to our question about whether he believed the docu-series left out any evidence:

Examples for you to consider:..."

'Making a Murderer' DA Ken Kratz: Why Steven Avery Is Guilty
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ken Kratz details to TheWrap key evidence he says was left out of Netflix docu-series

October 19, 2018

"...Since “Making a Murderer” made him famous nearly three years ago, the former Wisconsin prosecutor hasn’t been shy about defending his work in the 2005 murder prosecution of Avery and Brendan Dassey. Soon after the original documentary’s release, TheWrap reached out to him about suggestions in the Netflix docu-series that his office railroaded two innocent defendants....

In an email, Kratz strongly rejected the criticisms, saying the documentary series got it wrong. He concluded by saying Netflix should “either provide an opportunity for rebuttal, or alert the viewers that this series was produced by and FOR the defense of Steven Avery, and contains only the opinion and theory of the defense team.”

Here is his email to us, in its entirety. It begins with the Calumet County district attorney responding to our question about whether he believed the docu-series left out any evidence:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SA may be guilty. If KK is so convinced of his guilt then he should be okay with granting SA another trial. Why should we believe anything KK says? He destroyed SA' right to a fair trial with his fantasy murder scenario announcement at the press conference.

If as KZ has verified in season 2 of MAM, that TH left the Avery's after her quick visit there, and was noted to have made a left hand turn onto the road leading away from Avery's, then obviously she wasn't killed at the Avery yard.
Why was BoD so quick to follow after TH left in his Blazer vehicle?

If as KZ has verified in season 2 of MAM, that TH left the Avery's after her quick visit there, and was noted to have made a left hand turn onto the road leading away from Avery's, then obviously she wasn't killed at the Avery yard.
Why was BoD so quick to follow after TH left in his Blazer vehicle?
That was a theory KZ put out there. This is a local case for me and that show left out a lot of info. The show was made for Avery defense. That's why it's so steered towards making him look innocent.

October 19, 2018

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you all see that list from KK????

3. Teresa’s phone, camera and PDA were found 20 ft from Avery’s door, burned in his barrel. Why did the documentary not tell the viewers the contents of her purse were in his burn barrel, just north of the front door of his trailer?

the contents of her purse??? HUH? Where is her purse then KEN? What else did she carry in her purse? was that found in that burn barrel? What about a wallet? a bank card? ID? anything else? like cmon... seriously, wish this guy would just go away.

It's all the same crap he has tried to spew since MaM1.

That was a theory KZ put out there. This is a local case for me and that show left out a lot of info. The show was made for Avery defense. That's why it's so steered towards making him look innocent.

It wasn't just a theory IMO because of Bryan Dassey's affidavit
(quote)
In a later affidavit, Bryan Dassey said, “I distinctly remember Bobby telling me, ‘Steven could not have killed her because I saw her leave the property on October 31, 2005.’”

I get that the documentary is seen as biased, partially I think because the prosecution and TH's family didn't take part (not faulting them for this), BUT a lot of us have watched and read all the documents available, including transcripts, exhibits, interviews, etc. Not all opinions here are just based off a Netflix series.

Over the last 3 years, I assumed there was information out there that we haven't been able to get, yet, it seems after watching 6 episodes, KZ doesn't have much more information than we do and she has access to all the documents!

Did you all see that list from KK????

3. Teresa’s phone, camera and PDA were found 20 ft from Avery’s door, burned in his barrel. Why did the documentary not tell the viewers the contents of her purse were in his burn barrel, just north of the front door of his trailer?

the contents of her purse??? HUH? Where is her purse then KEN? What else did she carry in her purse? was that found in that burn barrel? What about a wallet? a bank card? ID? anything else? like cmon... seriously, wish this guy would just go away.

It's all the same crap he has tried to spew since MaM1.

And the cat. Can't forget that darned cat.

Amazing that a phone, camera and PDA could survive a fire hot enough to incinerate a body!

And the cat. Can't forget that darned cat.

Amazing that a phone, camera and PDA could survive a fire hot enough to incinerate a body!

the cat! Here is a thread dedicated to the cat incident Let's talk about the cat ...

The phone, camera and PDA were found in a barrel in front of SA's trailer, not the fire pit.. but still... most women would have more than that in their purse, for him to say the "contents of her purse" is misleading IMO

I tried to quote the above post but it wouldn't let me , wouldnt' Bryan's statement that "Bobby told me.." be inadmissible as hearsay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa