Steven Avery: Guilty of Teresa Halbach's Murder?

Is Steven Avery responsible for the murder of Teresa Halbach?

• He did it

Votes: 253 29.7%
  • Some other guy did it

Votes: 67 7.9%
  • Looks guilty at this point

Votes: 74 8.7%
  • Not guilty based on evidence I've seen thus far

Votes: 195 22.9%
  • Undecided, but believe new trial is in order

Votes: 254 29.8%
  • Undecided all around; more information required

Votes: 55 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bobby was harassing TH? Where are you getting that from?
Interesting.
That was my suggestion based on the claim from KZ that ST and/or BoD had communications with Teresa before October 31 2005.

I am not convinced at all - why would TH go anywhere near the ASY if Bobby had been harassing her ? Can't wait to see to what kind of gem she is referring.
BBM, Perhaps because she didn't really perceive him as a threat at the time but more of a pest/nuisance? He could of been harrassing her for a date and been somewhat persistent about it which she found annoying.
Did she ever say to anyone who was harrassing her?
Little did she know what BoD was really like with his macabre obsessions. All IMO

That's an interesting observation. Likewise about Teresa's alleged unwillingness to go back to ASY because of the 'towel incident'.
Doesn't sound to me like she was too bothered by the incident.
(quote)
Manitowoc County Circuit Judge Patrick Willis would not allow Dawn Pliszka, an Auto Trader receptionist at the time, to testify about one of Halbach’s previous encounters with Avery.

“She had stated to me that he had come out in a towel,’’ Pliszka said while the jury was outside of the courtroom. “I just said, ‘Really?’ and then she said, ‘Yeah,’ and laughed and said kinda ‘Ew.’’’

Willis said he could not allow the testimony because the date wasn’t clear and few details were known about the alleged encounter.
Victim’s cousin tells of finding vehicle in Avery salvage yard

I am not convinced at all - why would TH go anywhere near the ASY if Bobby had been harassing her ? Can't wait to see to what kind of gem she is referring.
Could it be a surname thing? Wasn't the original appointment under Janda? Within the realms of possibility that she might not have known that Bobby Dassey was there (I can't remember off the top of my head where he resided at the time).

Could it be a surname thing? Wasn't the original appointment under Janda? Within the realms of possibility that she might not have known that Bobby Dassey was there (I can't remember off the top of my head where he resided at the time).

That's a good point that I hadn't thought about. We know that Dawn from AutoTrader said in her first interview that she knew that the Janda's were basically the Avery's (which she denied in her testimony). But did she know the Dassey's were also Janda's/Avery's?

reg. battery:
whoever said that it only matters if the battery was switched between 31/10 and when they found her car...
well, TH wasn't doing that by herself.. or did she (switching battery)? if not, then the auto repair shop did it. ... is that documented somewhere?

reg. battery:
whoever said that it only matters if the battery was switched between 31/10 and when they found her car...
well, TH wasn't doing that by herself.. or did she (switching battery)? if not, then the auto repair shop did it. ... is that documented somewhere?

This is an image of the carfax report for the RAV4:

Halbach Carfax

That's a good point that I hadn't thought about. We know that Dawn from AutoTrader said in her first interview that she knew that the Janda's were basically the Avery's (which she denied in her testimony). But did she know the Dassey's were also Janda's/Avery's?
DP also testilied on the stand about TH's phone call. Why on earth would she do that? Who or what can really be trusted in this convoluted case anyway?
What about TH, who was she really and what is actually known about her? There is so little information on the woman IMO.
Who did she hang out with? Did she have a current boyfriend? What about the married man she was having or had an affair with? So many questions.

(quote)
Dawn lied in her testimony (page 79). Dawn didn't call Teresa at 9:46 a.m. and leave a message about the B Janda appointment on Avery Road; she called at 8:17 a.m., five minutes after Avery called to request a same-day appointment; and she talked to her about the appointment request for B. Janda on Avery Road, and Teresa told her that it was the Avery brothers and that she would be able to make it there that day.

And Dawn lied about an 11:00 a.m. call from Teresa, as did Angela Schuster. Teresa did not call AutoTrader around 11:00 a.m. and talk to Angela, and Angela didn't leave a message for Dawn saying Teresa called to say she would be able to make it to 12930 A Avery Road.

When interviewed by Cpl. Lemieux around 7 p.m. on November 3rd (page 2 of CASO file), Angela said her last communication with Teresa was a fax that Teresa sent at 12:13 a.m. on October 31st (just past midnight on Sunday night, if the time stamp on Teresa's fax was correct), trial exhibit 21 (this was her appointment sheet for Saturday, October 29th, where she noted with the number zero, "0", that the two appointments on page 2 of the original fax from AutoTrader were not completed).

sure, avery might have creeped her out but apparently it was work first for her... otherwise she would have turned her car around as soon as she knew that janda = avery.

@Karinna
she had an affair?
... up to 31/10/05?

sure, avery might have creeped her out but apparently it was work first for her... otherwise she would have turned her car around as soon as she knew that janda = avery.

@Karinna
she had an affair?
... up to 31/10/05?
(quote)
It is also alleged that Hillegas was jealous because Halbach also took nude photos of 106 men and women. She also became sexually involved with one of her clients, a married man named Mr. Czech. While the relationship ended well before October 31, 2005, he continued to call her, sending her a text on October 31.
https://crimeola.com/teresa-halbach-wiki-must-know-facts-making-a-murderer-victim/

Very interesting to me that Teresa's wiper blade replacement was noted. She obviously took good care of her car.
What I find interesting is that the wiper blade replacement was the only thing reported. Not one oil change. She obviously had the oil changed in her car. Whoever did that didn't report it to Carfax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels