AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
To add, I think once dad walked in from his night shift and was shot, the perps realized they needed to bail.

Is it a known fact though that Dad/James even came home at that time? Link?

It just seems that lots of sleuthers are going with the "fact" he came home at that time without any link (that I am aware of anyway.)

If the girl was confirmed there at the time of the murders, why was she the only one kept alive and removed from the home?

To me, it implies that either this is a sexual crime or the perp needed a hostage.

Jayme Closs is alive, an FBI source has exclusively told RadarOnline.com.
That’s the new bombshell information Radar can reveal about the missing Wisconsin teen who was abducted from her home after her parents were killed. “We know 100 percent that Jayme is still alive,” the FBI insider told Radar.
That’s encouraging news for those across America who have been riveted by the tragic case. As Radar readers know, investigators have been tirelessly searching for Jayme, 13, who disappeared from her Barron, Wisconsin house on Monday, October 15.
Earlier, an FBI source had told Radar, “There is a report that someone allegedly knocked on the door and as the father went to answer it gunfire erupted through the door. That has not been confirmed yet as it’s an active investigation.”
“The mother appeared to have barricaded herself in the bathroom and called police,” added the insider, explaining that she was not able to reach the 911 dispatcher before being killed. It’s unclear what happened to Jayme when her parents were shot, but the FBI source said she was home during the altercation. And a neighbor claimed to Radar that police told her Jayme had screamed for help in a 911 call amid her parents’ brutal murders.
FBI Source Reveals Bombshell: 'We Know 100 Percent' That Jayme Closs Is Alive

Possibly, the biggest lead we've had about Jayme. The news article, if it is one, has today's date on it.

What I think is going on if this is accurate news: 1) Hostage negotiation. This would explain the lack of relatives going on TV- the FBI has asked them to be quiet. Also their safety may be in jeopardy. Would also explain why no huge reward has been offered.

Or 2) She's in a hospital or other facility and we have no right to know anything until such time as the FBI and adult relatives want to release further info. Also would explain why family is silent and no reward has been offered.

These are the conditions under which they can state she's 100% alive, IMO. Also, the abductors ( kidnappers) would have to be able to provide real- time smartphone or other comm. to prove she's alive right now.

I hope she's in a hospital or other facility getting acute care for the trauma and maybe other things we don't know about yet.

If RadarOnline.com has lied about this, they are lower than a dog's belly. Just saying.

The Radar article makes a lot of sense; I just wish it came from a more credible source than them. I really really hope they are right and she is 100% alive.

My theory the entire time has been that Jayme was the target and the perp came to leave with her. Not a standard B&E scene, no possessions or money taken that we know of, witnesses (parents) killed. It all adds up.

I’m riding in a car passing through NW Wisconsin now and am not too far from Barron. Praying they can find and return her to her family then bring perp to justice quickly.

RadarOnline is willing to print hearsay from neighbors etc. they are claiming an FBI insider. May or may not be true.

I thought some of the info was interesting if It were true. They are more likely to talk to the neighbor than other news sources.

RadarOnline is willing to print hearsay from neighbors etc. they are claiming an FBI insider. May or may not be true.

I thought some of the info was interesting if It were true. They are more likely to talk to the neighbor than other news sources.
If they are lying about the FBI, then there's something seriously wrong with those peoples' minds!

Possibly, the biggest lead we've had about Jayme. The news article, if it is one, has today's date on it.

What I think is going on if this is accurate news: 1) Hostage negotiation. This would explain the lack of relatives going on TV- the FBI has asked them to be quiet. Also their safety may be in jeopardy. Would also explain why no huge reward has been offered.

Or 2) She's in a hospital or other facility and we have no right to know anything until such time as the FBI and adult relatives want to release further info. Also would explain why family is silent and no reward has been offered.

These are the conditions under which they can state she's 100% alive, IMO. Also, the abductors ( kidnappers) would have to be able to provide real- time smartphone or other comm. to prove she's alive right now.

I hope she's in a hospital or other facility getting acute care for the trauma and maybe other things we don't know about yet.

If RadarOnline.com has lied about this, they are lower than a dog's belly. Just saying.

I don't think it's #2. I've never heard about it happening in a case before. LE would want everyone to know that she has at least been found.

If some folks are suggesting that perhaps the fabric hanging from the seat of the chair was used to tie someone up, it looks more like the fabric from a tied down cushion.

JMO.

Jayme Closs is alive, an FBI source has exclusively told RadarOnline.com.
That’s the new bombshell information Radar can reveal about the missing Wisconsin teen who was abducted from her home after her parents were killed. “We know 100 percent that Jayme is still alive,” the FBI insider told Radar.

FBI Source Reveals Bombshell: 'We Know 100 Percent' That Jayme Closs Is Alive

Wow. I really pray this is true.
Side note....there is yet another reference to the number 100. As an earlier poster pointed out, 100 has been used several times in the reporting of this crime. Seems a bit unusual, but who knows?

Is it a known fact though that Dad/James even came home at that time? Link?

It just seems that lots of sleuthers are going with the "fact" he came home at that time without any link (that I am aware of anyway.)
No, as far as I know we have no idea when he came home and it has not been verified by LE that he had just came home, in fact it seems he was already home at the time the perp arrived since they stated he answered the door. Jmo

If the girl was confirmed there at the time of the murders, why was she the only one kept alive and removed from the home?

To me, it implies that either this is a sexual crime or the perp needed a hostage.
First one far more likely imo. Perp wanted Jayme and the goal was to leave with her alive. I would be surprised at any other outcome. Only thing that’s unclear to me is if perp was a stalker or someone she met online.

Stalker seems more likely given that Jayme appears to have been forced from the home so my question there is if it’s someone she knew or person who watched from a distance until it was time to strike.

I thought of one way she could have been taken out of Barron without being noticed. It would be if she were put into the closed trailer part of a big rig truck, or maybe into the back sleeper part of the cab. She's 5 feet tall and weighs 100 pounds. She'd have plenty of room in a sleeper compartment.
Kind of has very unsettling implications and that wasn't my intent but this person or these people are not the Boy Scouts.

Note that this is my speculation only. It is not factual but I do think some truckers park their trucks at their residences for a layover and in a small community that's rural, she could have been quickly moved to a large truck that usually hauls chicken produce.

Or maybe they think she is with someone who loves her ( but obviously not in a healthy way).

Last edited:
A few thoughts this morning.

I wonder if LE has considered checking into any vehicles stolen and/or recovered within roughly the last 2 weeks statewide but also Barron and nearby counties? It's possible the perp/s stole s vehicle to use in this crime, may then have left it abandoned somewhere and switched to another. Any "found" vehicles within the past week should be checked for signs of Jayme -- hair, prints, etc.

Went looking last night for reviews of the Jennie-O plant specifically the one in Barron. Glassdoor has a number of them, most seem to be from truckers and there are quite a few who complain about having to wait hours to get their trucks loaded. The waiting costs them money and fuel (need to keep rigs running while waiting). Not sure this would be enough reason to commit 2 murders and an abduction, and someone would surely have noticed a big rig parked on the street in front of the Closs home, but it's a thought especially if dad James or mom Denise had anything to do with getting products loaded on the trucks.

Lastly, I'm wondering where perp/s could go that they could turn Jayme loose and still escape? If she doesn't know a name or names and would only have physical description, and especially if they are not local to Barron, seems like they could let her go in another state. Or head to Mexico and leave her off before crossing the border. Thoughts on this?

We've all seen the pictures of searchers walking along the ditch line, etc. (practically arm in arm) on the roadway leading away from the Closs home. Did they ever do a "thorough" search of the immense forestry in back of the Closs home? It would seem that if the perpetrator led Jayme at gunpoint out through that vast area behind their home, he may have grown tired of the screaming/crying, etc., and disposed of her in those woods.

If the perp didn't drive up to their house and park in the driveway while he committed this horrific crime, it would seem the only way he could have gotten there was through those thick woods behind the home. I just haven't read anywhere that they have "thoroughly" searched those woods.

LE may have spanned out and walked elbow to elbow to search those woods, but I haven't seen any photos or read anything about it?

First one far more likely imo. Perp wanted Jayme and the goal was to leave with her alive. I would be surprised at any other outcome. Only thing that’s unclear to me is if perp was a stalker or someone she met online.

Stalker seems more likely given that Jayme appears to have been forced from the home so my question there is if it’s someone she knew or person who watched from a distance until it was time to strike.
I agree with you in that the unsub wanted her alive but what I don't get is why that person would not have waited until she was the only one home. I suppose the want could have been so strong that he couldn't wait.

Why would an FBI insider reveal details that have not been revealed by LE, and after they had stated they don't know the answer or cannot answer due to it being part of the investigation? How are they defining an "FBI insider" as they are the ones who typically would not share information to the media that has not already been released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa