AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
How far to the closest bridge and river? What about distances to the county lines? Thanks locals in advance.

There is the Yellow River and the Vermillion River nearby, and lakes and swamps everywhere. It would be a nightmare to search all of these areas.

Interestingly enough, the Barron County street numbering system is based on a grid (the county is about 30 miles by 30 miles) whereby the street name is the distance to the western or southern border.

So Highway 8 (also called 13 1/2 street) is approximately 13.5 miles from the southern border of the county and 16.5 miles from the northern border . They are between 12th and 13th street which means it is about 12.5 miles to the western county border and 17.5 miles to the eastern county border.

I am sure this is more detail about the streets then you ever wanted to know!

If she is being held for ransom could they be asking for $100 thousand dollars. I am just throwing out thoughts. I really find it hard to believe that 100 has anything to do with anything but you never know.

After more discussion with Fitzgerald on Saturday morning, Fitzgerald said he was not releasing any information about how the door got opened. He said when the deputies arrived at the house, James was found dead at the door.

Clarification: Chilling details revealed in dispatch record

Being found dead at the door means Mr. Closs was inside and the intruder arrived. It doesn't mean that Mr. Closs arrived home to find an intruder advancing on his family. At least that's the way I interpret it.

But that's not what Fitzgerald said. Mr. Closs was inside the home and then the intruder arrived.
Right. I'm not sure where the assumption is that he was just coming home is coming from. We have already tried unsuccessfully to find any clarification as to what his work hours were or when he arrived home that night. In fact, from everything we know so far it appears that he was in the home and was trying to prevent an intruder from coming in. In no way has it been suggested that he had just arrived home. Jmo

Mother and father are a little on the older side to have a 13 year old daughter. Not impossible, but a bit unusual. Have we questioned/established paternity and all of that?

JMO.

It could have been something as simple as the chair being knocked over. Who knocked it over? Are there prints on it? Etc.[/Q

Not really a mystery. If you look at that chair in high resolution the front wood is splintered pretty severely. like either a bullet hit it or ricocheted off it. The back could be a tie or an evidence tag.

Thank you. These answers make more sense IMO since I personally could not picture for example someone tied to the chair.

What I find interesting is the fox news story with the unidentified family member. In it the said if Jayme had an older boyfriend it would be a tough pill to swallow, but not ruled out.

Did anyone else catch that?
I didn't see that but I don't think it's that interesting. I'm sure it would come as a shock to anyone that found out their 13 year old relative was seeing an older guy. The family member isn't suggesting that she had one. They can't rule anything like that out at this time. IMO.

I had a sleepless night and saw an article that I hadn’t seen before. I’ll try to post a link. My apologies if it’s old news. My prayers are with this sweet little girl and her grieving family and friends. Please let today be the day they find her alive.

Missing 13-Year-Old and Her Slain Mom Were 'Inseparable,' Says Family Friend: 'Two Peas in a Pod'
This article states that both mother and daughter were helpful people. Could Jayme have been helping someone and they misunderstood the relationship? Someone who felt that in order for Jayme to be with them, the parents had to be gone?
As someone said, it's odd that if Jayme was the object why go into the house and fight with a grown man and woman. Just take Jayme off the street or lure her away. But if the person wanted Jayme and something had been said that made him believe she would go with him if her parents were gone then that might explain the situation? Had the person been allowed to stay in their home at some point? Someone down on their luck?

Apologies if this has been answered (I'm trying to keep up) but has it been discussed why the mother was barricaded in the bathroom, on the phone, and Jayme could be heard -- was Jayme in the bathroom barricaded with her mom, or somewhere else in the house? If Jayme was not barricaded in the bathroom, but maybe in her bedroom or another room, why did her mom go into the bathroom, and not to Jayme?

I think I read that the call was made on the mother’s phone but not by the mother. And initially I thought I heard that it was the mother’s voicemail recording when they called back. But later read that they were unable to leave a message on the phone.

Also seems a bit risky to try returning phone calls if the initial call was made in secrecy.

I agree with you in that the unsub wanted her alive but what I don't get is why that person would not have waited until she was the only one home. I suppose the want could have been so strong that he couldn't wait.
I am thinking maybe she wasn't supposed to be home and caught the perps off guard and they didn't know what to do so they just grabbed her.

I think this is 100% bunk.

“We know 100 percent that Jayme is still alive,” the FBI insider told Radar.

FBI Source Reveals Bombshell: 'We Know 100 Percent' That Jayme Closs Is Alive
I think they are just using the sheriffs original statement and making it look like it is new information. In my experience with "Radar Online" they tend to be innaccurate or twist the details in order to imply they have inside information no-one else has. Who is their source? An FBI insider? That could be someone who used to work for the FBI in any capacity, it does not mean it is someone working on the case. Jmo

I think I read that the call was made on the mother’s phone but not by the mother. And initially I thought I heard that it was the mother’s voicemail recording when they called back. But later read that they were unable to leave a message on the phone.

Also seems a bit risky to try returning phone calls if the initial call was made in secrecy.

BBM. A dispatcher wouldn't necessarily know if a call is being made in secrecy, and in this case the caller and/or the noise in the background most likely sounded serious enough that the dispatcher found it necessary to try and get more information about the scene before sending the cops there.

According to that Yahoo article, it sounds like Jayme was always with her mother. I am getting the vibe her parents were overprotective, especially her mother. If Jayme was the initial target (I'm still not fully convinced that - I still think she may have been an accident/taken because she's a witness), but if she were the initial target, the perp may have felt this was the only way to get her - by killing her parents.

I'm still leaning toward random act of violence, either by a stranger or an acquaintance. I'd be looking into the family's financials. Did the parents owe anyone money?

On the last thread, someone mentioned the Barron County inmate search and pointed to two people that were booked on the 17th with no charges. There were several people on that search, though, that didn't have any charges listed by them so I wonder if it's that uncommon of a practice?

That said, though, the 17th was now 3 days ago and there's been little more information given and, outside of the search they organized a couple days ago, no "activity" that we can see. Is it possible there's something more to it?
The problem that I have is that the people in jail reportedly show signs of a fight. The police when they entered the house first thought it was a suicide. This makes me think there were no signs of a physical struggle. It seems they shot the dad as soon as they kicked in the door. However, upstairs I am sure was a whole different scene. The first door/window with frosted glass that they removed, made me aware something happened in the BR. I first I thought it was a BR window and may have been the entry point. NOw we know they boldly entered through the front door. That frosted pane door must have been the BR door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa