AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the perp(s) had to leave quickly, I agree there must be some evidence left.

Would one need steel toed boots to kick in a door?

We had a fiberglass insulated door.

It is interesting that the storm door was not locked. It could not have been as it is not damaged.

I wonder what kind of door they had.

I don't follow your point. The average maternal age has been on the rise and as of 2016 it was up to 26.6. It is 29 in parts of Western Europe. This is a second marriage for both parents so it would make sense they would have their child a bit later considering they were not married in their early 20s.

Products - Data Briefs - Number 232 - January 2016

This should be the definitive post about " the ages of the parents" and it should not be questioned or attempted to be turned into something " weird" or " odd" again.

Also, could it be possible the shots were fired at a completely different time but the neighbor was disoriented? I know I’ve woken to a strange noise in the middle of the night but then when I try to recall the details I might be off from the real time it happened.
In the first reports according to WAEU 13, it was stated that the neighbor "woke" to gunshots, then she later stated that they were awake at the time. Not sure which is true at this point. Jmo

I think I read that the call was made on the mother’s phone but not by the mother. And initially I thought I heard that it was the mother’s voicemail recording when they called back. But later read that they were unable to leave a message on the phone.

Also seems a bit risky to try returning phone calls if the initial call was made in secrecy.
Standard procedure. Happens with every 911 hangup. Call backs are made.

Well, it's certainly not some kind of tag like I first thought. You can clearly see on this picture that whatever it is isn't tied on. It's in the seat. I'll go along and now say, yes, splinters.
screen-shot-2018-10-16-at-9-44-17-pm-png.151654
Also, the knob closest to the camera appears to have damage. You can see the raw wood versus the stained wood and it appears "chipped" for lack of a better word. Can you tell me if you see that ?

I have been thinking about the post I wrote earlier and should maybe clarify something. I read a local WI news article that said Jamey's mother had Jamey in some sort of religion classes. I remember reading that she dropped her off at these classes. Drawing on my experience working domestic assault/family violence calls I know some parents lack discipline, some are in between, and some are rather Disciplinarian. "IF" there is any truth to the family being reclusive, was Jamey somewhat sheltered and what was her discipline like?

Is it possible she met someone at a religion class that took an extra liking to her? Is it possible she was somewhat sheltered and had a busy social media life to compensate?

<modsnip - rumor, not from allowed source>

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the perp(s) had to leave quickly, I agree there must be some evidence left.

Would one need steel toed boots to kick in a door?

We had a fiberglass insulated door.

It is interesting that the storm door was not locked. It could not have been as it is not damaged.

I wonder what kind of door they had.

You certainly would not need steel toed boots to kick in a door. You don't use your toes or the front of your foot :)

<modsnip - quoted post has been removed >
Yes, as I have stated, I believe that Radar on Line has taken information from various sources, and put it together to make it appear that they have " New inside" information. The title is misleading and the article is misleading, imo. They are obviously using the quote from the sheriff when he did the press conference. Jmo

It's definitely inconclusive as to what is on the front left of the chair. It's also possible that it's some sort of ID tag. I suppose something like a zip tie could also look like splinters that protrude top and bottom? JMO, but I don't think that this white object is enough evidence to support the conclusion that someone was tied to this chair, which was a prevailing theory over the last few days.
This chair has to mean something. If it "only" had blood on it then surely they would not need to bring the whole chair in as evidence. For as gruesome as the le have made it sound, there could be blood all around and on furniture, appliances ect but you don't see them bringing out couches, beds, kitchen table, end tables ect. Something significant is with this sole chair imo.

In the first reports according to WAEU 13, it was stated that the neighbor "woke" to gunshots, then she later stated that they were awake at the time. Not sure which is true at this point. Jmo

JOAN SMREKAR, CLOSS` NEIGHBOR: We had come home about 11:30. We went to bed about quarter after 12:00. We were not sleeping and we heard the first shot and just a couple seconds is the second shot. And I asked my husband, I said, were those gunshots? Because they were so loud? And he said, yes, and he said, it`s a big gun and I rolled over and looked at the time on my clock, and it said 12:38. My clock is off by seven minutes per the Sheriff`s department, so this happened roughly around 12:30.

CNN.com - Transcripts

I have been thinking about the post I wrote earlier and should maybe clarify something. I read a local WI news article that said Jamey's mother had Jamey in some sort of religion classes. I remember reading that she dropped her off at these classes. Drawing on my experience working domestic assault/family violence calls I know some parents lack discipline, some are in between, and some are rather Disciplinarian. "IF" there is any truth to the family being reclusive, was Jamey somewhat sheltered and what was her discipline like?

Is it possible she met someone at a religion class that took an extra liking to her? Is it possible she was somewhat sheltered and had a busy social media life to compensate?

<modsnip - rumor, not from allowed source >
I forgot where but last night googling, I read an interview with a relative that said Jayme and her mom were both religious.

It looks like there is a deck on the side of the house so maybe the master bedroom had a door onto the deck. Wonder if it was kind of like an ambush where 1 perp was coming through the front, another through that side door (if there is) and another through the garage. Has anyone seen any activity from le in the garage or side of the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRios