AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just figure some news sources print confirmed facts and quotes as they hear them from law enforcement and officials. They have fact checkers. Other sources are more willing to print what the neighbors and relatives tell them, things they find in social media etc. It’s probably as accurate as what they have been told.

Jayme Closs is alive, an FBI source has exclusively told RadarOnline.com.
That’s the new bombshell information Radar can reveal about the missing Wisconsin teen who was abducted from her home after her parents were killed. “We know 100 percent that Jayme is still alive,” the FBI insider told Radar.
That’s encouraging news for those across America who have been riveted by the tragic case. As Radar readers know, investigators have been tirelessly searching for Jayme, 13, who disappeared from her Barron, Wisconsin house on Monday, October 15.
Earlier, an FBI source had told Radar, “There is a report that someone allegedly knocked on the door and as the father went to answer it gunfire erupted through the door. That has not been confirmed yet as it’s an active investigation.”
“The mother appeared to have barricaded herself in the bathroom and called police,” added the insider, explaining that she was not able to reach the 911 dispatcher before being killed. It’s unclear what happened to Jayme when her parents were shot, but the FBI source said she was home during the altercation. And a neighbor claimed to Radar that police told her Jayme had screamed for help in a 911 call amid her parents’ brutal murders.
FBI Source Reveals Bombshell: 'We Know 100 Percent' That Jayme Closs Is Alive
How can they 100 percent know that? I mean, I hope they are right! But 100 perecent? Have they talked too her?

Rsd, picking up our conversation last night about the possibility of Jayme playing an online game, you had mentioned a couple of games, Fortnight and Sims was it?

IF LE does not have Jayme’s phone then there would be no way LE would know about this, unless someone told them she played games. Is this correct?

I hope LE asks her friends and if she played any online games.

She'd likely play those type games on a personal computer. A phone would be cumbersome, if capable at all, for those type games. However, I'd bet a dime to a donut, that that they went to the school, and talked to the kids, and dissected her FB IMs, and friends, within hours of realizing that she was missing.

Yeah. As for the landline being “disconnected,” I take that to mean that they cancelled their provider.

Landlines are becoming a thing of the past.
That’s the same way I took it. My folks got rid of their landline and it still shows up in the white pages years later. I could see a desperate 911 dispatcher giving it a shot.

As for that source, what’s the bit about a search at Almena Trailer Court? I assume the true name is Almena Mobile Home Park.

Is this info in news, or scanner thread, or ??

ETA: Nevermind, I see it on radaronline

They had killed twice. Taking a hostage is a lot of work. Too much work unless the hostage is the reason for the home invasion and Jayme the target.

Yes I agree there would be no need to keep Jayme alive unless she was the reason for the home invasion. I don't think she was a 'second thought'.

I think she was the reason, else they'd killed her right there.

Yeah if they are 100% certain she's alive they must have spoken to her. Shame they didn't bring her home when they confirmed this. Or maybe this is bad reporting, who knows.
They said something similar in the Mollie Tibbetts investigation, if I recall.

We all know how that one turned out.

Not all killings be equal. Someone who goes off and rage-kills a couple of adults might pause before turning their murderous-rage on--in the killer's pov--a comparatively innocent child.

That there's a wide moral gulf between the two on-their-face similar acts even among hardened criminals manifests in the well-known prison prestige hierarchy. People who kill adults are at the top, people who kill/harm children at the bottom.

Not saying whomever's responsible won't eventually end the 13 year old's life; but maybe in the moment they were unable to pull the trigger on her and realized they had to get out of there and figured they'd take diminutive Jayme with them and sort her out later.

To those who think Jayme was the target, I have two questions:

1) Why choose this plan, inevitably the path of most resistance? It doesn’t take much to come up with a plan that likely wouldn’t result in a violent confrontation and double homicide, so why would the assailant(s) choose likely the worst available option?

2) From the moment the front door was breached the assailants were in the house for over 20 minutes, but disappeared with Jayme within four minutes of the 911 call. If abducting Jayme were the objective, why weren’t they gone in 5 minutes or less? It’s not going to take 20+ minutes to round up the kid and leave, especially considering the father was out of the way almost immediately.

It’s possible she’s been seen on camera somewhere very recently. Maybe a shop owner recognised her, told LE, they check camera and there she is.
I think that’s unlikely for two reasons:

Her family is dead and the country is looking for her. Her abductor wouldn’t take the risk of allowing her out in public.

The odds are against her still being alive.

“The caller did not speak to dispatchers.”

Missing Wisconsin girl's parents died from gunshots, Jayme Closs may have been there, sheriff says

——

Just noticing from the same link:

“The murders and subsequent disappearance of Jayme have rattled the quiet town of fewer than 3,500 people. Barron is about 45 miles northwest of Eau Claire and 80 miles northeast of Minneapolis.“

“Eau Claire”.

I have to wonder how much a neighboring town plays a role, if any.

Additionally as discussed several times (Chris Hansen’s show is the best example), we do know large distances are often traveled, more than 45 miles sometimes.

“Eau Claire...”
:lookingitup:

Last edited:
I think it’s important to acknowledge that this isn’t the suburbs, but the country. My folks live in a similar area and, even though 15 minutes away in the city proper robberies are common, there hasn’t been a robbery near them in years. There are many reasons why: their homes are farther from major roadways, making it easier to stopped; many folks in the country have guns for protection of livestock; and many people aren’t familiar enough with country roads to navigate them quickly, especially in the dark. (There’s city dark then country dark. Country dark is pitch black where I grew up.)

Also addicts or “druggies” (a term that I don’t endorse as a person who knows many people in recovery) don’t commit crimes like this. For those in active addiction who do steal, they do quick smash and grab jobs in the suburbs or, more typically, urban centers. Someone killing for drug money isn’t going to kidnap a 13-year-old, because could you imagine being high and having to keep control over a 13-year-old? This isn’t an infant or a child, but a teenager. Frankly, an addict wouldn’t know how to manage a kidnapping.

Regarding the Jennie-O connection, I’d say that’s not it. How many of us here had fathers who worked in factory or manufacturing settings? How many of those who did knew who their father worked with? I know I certainly didn’t, even though we’d attend company picnics.

These cases do typically involve an adult or older teenager who the kidnapped child or teenager has met, whether online or in the real world. My bet in this case would lean to online. You have a teenager who’s been described by her own family as introverted and quiet. The Internet is a haven for quiet teens and has been since the 1990s. Jayme could have totally believed she was speaking to another teenager, or possibly she was aware the person was older and didn’t anticipate what would happen. However, Jayme was clearly the target and I’d say she had spoken to this person before.

This wasn’t a random crime, as police have said. They believe Jayme was targeted.
I just don't know- it's quite a bit of killing to abduct a teenager from an online encounter. So did Jayme then give this person her address?

She'd likely play those type games on a personal computer. A phone would be cumbersome, if capable at all, for those type games. However, I'd bet a dime to a donut, that that they went to the school, and talked to the kids, and dissected her FB IMs, and friends, within hours of realizing that she was missing.

The Sims isn't an online game, it's single player. There is a mobile version (again single player) but it isn't popular. It is possible to play Fortnite on one's phone, but most people play on PC or console. Fortnite isn't a good way to make new friends anyway because of the way the game works, though I suppose you could if you really tried. LE would probably know that sort of thing pretty fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get