AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not commonplace when the shots come from an area where you never hear shots.
I am sure that there are folks about five or ten miles away from me that don't hear gun shots. Perhaps THEIR areas don't attract hunters, know what I mean? I seriously doubt that this couple didn't call the police because, what? What would be their purpose for not calling the cops, if they honestly believed that someone was getting killed next door? Revenge because the mom and dad didn't answer the door so she could give them their mail? What are you and a couple of others on here suggesting, that the neighbors are liars because something they hear on a regular basis during hunting season isn't true because in your areas, it never happens?

Others here have posted over and over and over again, like myself, that this is common for our areas of residence. We get it, your area doesn't have gun shots in the middle of the night. Yet, several of us have kindly shared that near our homes, we hear them frequently during hunting season, and even fireworks, target practice, shooting at animals near farms, happens around us. We just don't think "gee, our neighbors down the road must be getting murdered, now back to my book.........."

What would be their reason for not calling the cops if they truly thought that this family next door was being murdered?

Half the free world knows LE has asked family and witnesses not to talk to the press as it might hurt the investigation/ jeopardize Jayme’s safe return. So no one in Barron is making a peep except for these yahoos who will talk to anyone. Bet they’re getting plenty of glares when in line at the local grocery store.
Yup. The sheriff has told the family to make all their comments through the sheriff’s department. They are trying to protect the integrity of the investigation.

Twitter

Reading comments at Barron County Sheriffs Department at Facebook, re the search tomorrow:

America’s Best Value Inn commented: “If people need place to stay that are coming from out of town we have cheap rooms.”

I’m trying to find the interview but heard on the radio while driving - (I think HLN on XM) the person being interviewed said the door was ajar when first responder got there. They could see a body. Definitely was the opposite of indicating the police kicked in the front door. Looking for the video...Makes me wonder what the perp and Jayme’s exit point was. Not that it still couldn’t have been the front door.
Right. Police reported that they saw the feet of Mr. Closs in the open doorway as they approached the house.

Source: Ashleigh Banfield's phone interview with Sheriff Fitzgerald, 10/22

There are still two theories in my mind, neither mentioned here yet.

1. There is big commotion, shots are fired and Jayme hides.... as many children do. All is over within 5-10 min, perp/s leave. By now it is around 12:40. Jayme hides few more min and comes out. Seeing absolutely horrible scene and one of her parents she is very much distraught... She runs in search for other parent and find person dead or dying too with horrible injuries. Her footsteps might be found around in blood on the floor confirming she was there. She is uncosollable. (This all would take just few min too). She dials 911... She is terrified and distraught seeing her parents this way and all alone in house in the middle of the woods. She is barely 13. She hears car approaching house, fearing perp/s are coming back she bolt out of the door and ran in fear for her life... In pyjamas and no shoes... She did not know it was police car but with no siren on...

2. Again, the same is happening, but Jayme has no time to hide. The reason she is taken - she has nothing to do with rage of perp against her parents... and because she is known to the perp.. for many years.. (nothing to do with anything sexual). Not going to comment further.

Just to add - have you seen recent case where very young male child was missing after witnessing his father murder? He was recently found after months (or years) alive - I again better not comment further but this 2nd scenario would be very similar to this case. If Jayme was taken under this circumstances small time window before leaving makes it less probable. Also whole place whereever perp/s would take her would know as she would be distraught and traumatized for days...

I do very much hope that she is found tomorrow...
I think the problem with first scenario is that a lot of yelling on the 911 call which suggests more than one person in the house at the time. Not necessarily more than one perp, but could be the voices of Denise, Jayme, and perp

Right. Police reported that they saw the feet of Mr. Closs in the open doorway as they approached the house.

Source: Ashleigh Banfield's phone interview with Sheriff Fitzgerald, 10/22

That's new info to me. So he was presumably on his back with feet in doorway? That could explain the initial reaction of the first responders on the dispatch log that James "answered the door".

That's cool, you'd probably be a reliable witness then. I haven't been around a lot of guns and at times I struggle to differentiate a backfire or firecracker to a shot from A gun. I wonder how many people could differentiate those sounds that aren't that familiar with guns, especially if they were half asleep with distance between houses with windows shut bc it was cold out? Validity/reliability of the statement would depend on individual.
The YouTube videos, to me, were interesting because it opened the doors to the varying sounds engines/backfires can make and some of them are LOUD and IMO could sound like a gun shot under certain circumstances. JMHO.
This brings up an interesting question-- how familiar with firearms were the neighbors? Many of us have been operating under the assumption the gun had to be big based on their statement, because we assumed the neighbors know firearms. But if they dont-- what if what sounded BIG, was just close and they didn't know any better? JMO and a thought to ponder.
Exactly!

That’s from the dispatch log, right? Right after they called it a possible suicide attempt? Don’t read too much into the initial logs, the first officers on the scene are kind of freaking out too and they don’t always get it 100% right.
Plus, a first responding officer's job is attending to an emergency. They have to determine if anyone needs medical attention, who is in immediate danger, etc. things could initially be missed or misinterpreted. Of course first officers also secure the scene to prevent contamination but it's the forensic scientists and investigators who go back to the scene to really thoroughly process it.

If one reads the arrests in the area, there are big drug issues as well as child sex issues. A neighbor 1/2 mile away was arrested on drug charges and probation violation.

Did this neighbor have unsavory visitors ?
The scary thing is, many places in America have the same things going on.

It is only with a newsworthy event, that people become aware of what is happening in their area.

A child disappears. The community becomes aware that there are dozens of sex offenders living amongst them.

A drug house is raided. The community becomes aware that it is facing a major drug issue.

These things are there, but most people simply don’t realize it until something compels them to face this reality.

I am sure that there are folks about five or ten miles away from me that don't hear gun shots. Perhaps THEIR areas don't attract hunters, know what I mean? I seriously doubt that this couple didn't call the police because, what? What would be their purpose for not calling the cops, if they honestly believed that someone was getting killed next door? Revenge because the mom and dad didn't answer the door so she could give them their mail? What are you and a couple of others on here suggesting, that the neighbors are liars because something they hear on a regular basis during hunting season isn't true because in your areas, it never happens?

Others here have posted over and over and over again, like myself, that this is common for our areas of residence. We get it, your area doesn't have gun shots in the middle of the night. Yet, several of us have kindly shared that near our homes, we hear them frequently during hunting season, and even fireworks, target practice, shooting at animals near farms, happens around us. We just don't think "gee, our neighbors down the road must be getting murdered, now back to my book.........."

What would be their reason for not calling the cops if they truly thought that this family next door was being murdered?
IMO, it is validity of their statement. Gunshots vs backfire on a potentially fast muscle car that is known to have modifications which happens to be a vehicle of interest. Nothing sinister or vengeful. Oh, and my area is rural and we do hear gunshots in the night.

That's new info to me. So he was presumably on his back with feet in doorway? That could explain the initial reaction of the first responders on the dispatch log that James "answered the door".
New info to me, too.

I believe you are right how this could explain the initial reaction of the first responders that James had "answered the door."

The number of searchers they have requested, is an absolutely staggering number. It may not be unprecedented, but it’s highly unusual, more so with a town of this size.

What’s amazing, is that I get the feeling that they will actually hit their mark here.

As for the funerals, I do think they’ll do something now, and perhaps another service when/if they recover Jayme.

We’re all hoping that’s not the case though.

I meant if Jayme is found alive, I wonder how she will feel that they held her parents funerals without her. If she is dead I wouldn't expect them to wait to find her body and hold a triple funeral... but their only child missing their funeral is awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419