AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #10

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Army of searchers forming today in Wisconsin in hunt for Jayme
    An army of searchers will soon assemble Tuesday morning in the hunt for evidence that Wisconsin authorities hope leads to locating 13-year-old Jayme Closs and solving the shooting deaths of her parents in the family’s home more than a week ago.

Map from search registration/staging area to the Closs home:
    Google Maps

human, Gardener1850, compass and 8 others like this.
  2. Twizzy563

Twizzy563 New Member

Oh wow .
    Good eye!!!

human, kkdj, MFH and 1 other person like this.
  3. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

human, Gardener1850 and rainynights like this.
  4. Slowermotion

Slowermotion Former Member

Hopefully today we find some answers. Good morning all

human, 8paws, DancingMuse and 10 others like this.
  5. kas

kas Active Member

Someone posted something last night about how it would have been easier for someone to go in through a window and it just reminded me of that picture. Maybe they shot the small window to try to unlock the door? Or maybe that's how her dad got shot, looking out it to see who was out there?

human, Confusion, Cj707 and 6 others like this.
  6. thesnowflakesparkles

thesnowflakesparkles Well-Known Member

This is all spot-on observation, thanks!

You potentially answered a question I have in regards to sex offenders, but looking at Washburn County, just north of Barron this doesn't seem to be the case there. Shell Lake is the county seat and is lower than many surrounding towns/villages. I will have to look at a few surrounding counties to see if this is the case.

Edit, sorry I didn't quote you right and I am not sure how to fix it

<mod repaired broken quote>

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2018
  7. SecretGarden

SecretGarden Well-Known Member

human, Jim_M, JDough and 3 others like this.
  8. msmamanana

msmamanana Well-Known Member

I noticed it in a close up of the door but haven't seen anyone discuss it.

human, Confusion and kas like this.
  9. BB71

BB71 Well-Known Member

Logically speaking, even if vehicle is a rental, there are more Ford rentals than Acuras. If it is an out of state vehicle, it could be the Acura.

human and JaneEyre like this.
  10. HayLouise

HayLouise Well-Known Member

human, 8paws, Confusion and 26 others like this.
  11. oakparkmall

oakparkmall Active Member

I noticed under Dispatch Entry (Details) it says at 3:27 two officers enroute to this Cumberland address, but on the Radio Log at 3:27 it says the same two officers are enroute to the crime scene. Or maybe I'm reading this wrong.
    Log of Closs case activity

human likes this.
  12. ludakristen

ludakristen Well-Known Member

Interesting detail in the article. Denise being in an upstairs bathroom means the bedrooms are probably upstairs, right? Jayme was likely upstairs as well? (Speculating aloud)

"Officers are working on the assumption that Denise made the call from an upstairs bathroom where she hid when shooting broke out.

It is thought there was a knock at the family's front door before James went to answer and was shot through the woodwork.

The door was then kicked in before the killer went into the house, shot Denise dead and kidnapped Jayme, it is believed."

Elizabeth Smart joins appeal for missing teen Jayme Closs | Daily Mail Online

13. rainynights

rainynights Well-Known Member

Great catch, EJB123456 & Dum-Dum Sucker!

From the AB Show 10/22 CNN.com - Transcripts (bbm) :

BANFIELD: Well, sheriff, it sounds like such a confounding story. And just over the weekend, we were reading through the logs of the 911 call and the response to the Closs home and it`s quite harrowing. And I think the transcripts really sort of tell a narrative of what happened in that home prior to Jayme being taken. Can you walk me through, now that it`s public knowledge, what those first responding officers saw at the front door and beyond?

FITZGERALD: Well, in some degree, I can. And again, the logs that we released aren`t always the evidence that`s collected at the scene. They`re the first initial appearance that an officer goes through. But yeah, our -- the initial appearance with an officer were obviously some kind of commotion, as you stated, last week in the show. Our officers responded, pulled into the driveway, and saw an open door and then saw what they believed to be feet. And then responded up there and found the bodies of James Closs and then went in the house and found Denise Closs.

BANFIELD: How far -- how far -- yeah, how far in the house was Denise Closs? If James Closs was found at the door, and as you just mentioned, I think that`s the first I`ve heard of this, sir, that when you`re officers responded, they could see his feet from the driveway sticking out of the open door of the home. Is that correct?

FITZGERALD: I don`t know exactly where they -- when they picked him up on site. I don`t know if they pulled in the driveway or when they exactly saw them, but the door was ajar. And I can`t comment on where Denise was found in the house. But I think going to any scene like that, that`s what we train our officers to do is their first initial observations and that`s why that`s collected in that call log.

human, 8paws, Confusion and 13 others like this.
  14. CarGoVroomVroom

CarGoVroomVroom Well-Known Member

On the offenders, typically these are the level 3. Level 1 and 2s are not publicly listed, but get yearly visits from LE. Hoping one of those two vehicle owners already told LE they were in area at said time

human, Confusion, DancingMuse and 2 others like this.
  15. SarahThePrincess

SarahThePrincess Former Member

Well that’s generous of you!! Thank you!
    :)
    Something significantly volatile happened. A man kicked in the door, broke it down angrily. Shot both of the parents of a minor. With the child right there watching and screaming. Then the child went with this intruder. Willingly. Or the house in the middle of the woods in the middle of the night didn’t give a kid enough places to hide in the dark for the few minutes before the cops showed up? Aren’t kids wiley and clever? And a 13 year old is so much of a contrarian.
    Whoever has her, probably has one giagantic headache right now. Or she went willingly.

DancingMuse likes this.
  16. Slowermotion

Slowermotion Former Member

I would be a good assumption that all the bedrooms were upstairs then. Maybe there was only 1 on the first floor. I know some houses like that.

DancingMuse likes this.
  17. thesnowflakesparkles

thesnowflakesparkles Well-Known Member

Right, it could always be the Acura, but since there are more Fords in general, and more in the area, it stands to reason that the Edge has at least greater that 50/50 chance of being what they are looking for, and I would argue much higher than that.

18. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

Does the house have an upstairs? It looks like it's one level with maybe a finished basement. It doesn't appear to be a split level.
    [​IMG]

human, 8paws, Confusion and 11 others like this.
  19. Lizzack1

Lizzack1 Active Member

That’s a very interesting theory. Shoots him and then kicks in the door or uses it to shoot small window. The first thing that stood out to me when looking at the pictures of the house was how much easier it may have been to gain entry from one of those front windows. Am I mistaken that there was at least one small pumpkin near the front bushes? Why not use that to break the window? Seems like noise wasn’t a concern here.

Lillymac, human and kas like this.
  20. GadzookGal

GadzookGal Member

Thanks for the welcome.

I have seen in my surrounding counties the higher SO number within the county seat. Would it matter how the crimes are prosecuted? depending on the DA and view of rehabilitation vs jail time? As I said I don’t know too much in regards to - just what I have observed over time.

Motion lights have been on and off frequently with the higher winds we have had of late and I know we generally see them go off in the middle of the night at some point but then we disregard and go back to sleep. I also have had a neighbors dog trip ours off frequently and don’t think much else of it so maybe the light tripping on was normal - no cause for concern for the family? I know a lot of rural homes also have those sodium vapor type lights on a pole to provide light especially if there are other out buildings, giving flood to the area and since that’s a nightly light occurrence one could find the shadows easily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.