AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't a mom's first instinct be to run protect their child and not barricade in a room? Unless she was in there when intruder came in and had no time.
Unless she's going to be dead in a few seconds if she doesn't run, and knows that if she dies quickly there will be no helping her child at all.

I don't think that's actually a thing thing with Catholics in the states. Two days would seem pretty rushed here. Funerals are generally stretching out a bit longer in recent years as the reasons that used to exist for quick burials are no longer relevant, and with families no longer staying in the same area as they used to, people tend to be giving more time for folks to get home.

I'm an American Catholic, midwestern, in fact, and these are just my observations

Agree. Also an American Catholic and 4-7 days is usually the norm. There is a shortage of priests, so it’s not easy to book a funeral quickly anymore. Autopsies usually are within 3 days of death, and then you have a wake, and Catholic funeral and then burial the day following the wake. Sometimes the wake is the morning of the funeral, but for something like this (that would have large turn out), usually the wake has its own day

Steelslady? I live in the middle of a large forest, and yes I hear gunfire very often. People hunt all around me, and yes we have lots of coyotes and bears too. But if I hear gunfire very close to me in the middle of the night comming from a nearby house where it would be unusual to hear gunshots because they don't have livestock or chicken coops and don't normally fire guns, then like I said, I would come outside to investigate and probably see the cars driving past my house. I never said I would call the police or that anyone was lieing.

When you have lived in the forest for a while you get a sense of what's normal and what's not. If I lay in bed in the morning and hear loud rapid gunfire, that would seem normal to me considering its hunting season. But like I said before: it would not be normal in the middle of the night comming from an area where you normally wouldn't hear gunfire or if it sounds like it's in your own back yard.

I believe it is also illegal for hunters to hunt/fire a firearm after dark in WI.

Agree. Also an American Catholic and 4-7 days is usually the norm. There is a shortage of priests, so it’s not easy to book a funeral quickly anymore. Autopsies usually are within 3 days of death, and then you have a wake, and Catholic funeral the day following the wake. Sometimes the wake is the morning of the funeral, but for something like this (that would have large turn out), usually the wake has its own day

I imagine many members of the community are going to the funeral as well.

I don’t think it was only two shots. The report said multiple rounds spent. 2 shots were heard, but I think there were more

I agree. What we know is that the neighbors reported hearing 2 shots. That certainly doesn't mean that there were ONLY 2 shots. The neighbors didn't arrive home until 11:30. We really don't know when the door was kicked in and James shot. It's possible the neighbors heard the first shots at 12:30, but it's also possible the neighbors heard the second, third or 4th shot at 12:30.

Steelslady? I live in the middle of a large forest, and yes I hear gunfire very often. People hunt all around me, and yes we have lots of coyotes and bears too. But if I hear gunfire very close to me in the middle of the night comming from a nearby house where it would be unusual to hear gunshots because they don't have livestock or chicken coops and don't normally fire guns, then like I said, I would come outside to investigate and probably see the cars driving past my house. I never said I would call the police or that anyone was lieing.

When you have lived in the forest for a while you get a sense of what's normal and what's not. If I lay in bed in the morning and hear loud rapid gunfire, that would seem normal to me considering its hunting season. But like I said before: it would not be normal in the middle of the night comming from an area where you normally wouldn't hear gunfire or if it sounds like it's in your own back yard.

I live in Wisconsin & have neighbors who shoot at the worst times during the night. If it wakes me up, I am like the idiots are at it again. I roll over & go back to sleep.

So where do they clean up? Maybe a rest stop or back road gas station. Somewhere without cameras. Were they digging the grave with bare hands? Were they on their knees? Their hands and clothes will show all this.

That turnout is phenomenal and is getting me choked up a bit. Their power is so much bigger than that of the perp(s) and makes me feel slightly better about the human race. I hope they find Jayme or whatever will lead them to Jayme. Good luck and stay safe!

Unless she's going to be dead in a few seconds if she doesn't run, and knows that if she dies quickly there will be no helping her child at all.

Oh of course! I guess I was just thinking also if Jayme was there with intruder or in on it someway, but I find that very unlikely given how close it says she was with her mom. Most likely just what you described though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member