AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Wisconsin & have neighbors who shoot at the worst times during the night. If it wakes me up, I am like the idiots are at it again. I roll over & go back to sleep.
We shot a coyote at 3 am awhile back. Not a single neighbor said a word until we face booked everyone several days later to let them what happened. Some neighbors didn't hear a thing, others simply replied that they DID recall hearing that, and just assumed someone shot a fox or something. In rural farming communities, it's just not that alarming to hear gunshots. It happens alot.

Hi all - looong time lurker and first time poster. Long story short, I've been following WS for a few years now (family connection to the Allison Feldman murder in AZ) and living in WI, only about 3.5 hours from Barron and having a cabin about 2.5 hours from there, it's somewhat "close to home".

First - the main thing I want to not for anyone searching out vehicle connections (and yes, I've sent this to the Sheriff's Dept. as well) is the pics they have of the Acura MDX are the 2007-2013 model (second gen). I owned an '08 in the past (black, ironically enough) and the years they have listed cover two different and very different-looking generations. The 1st gen 2001-2006 actually would look more similar to a Ford Edge. Not being that far from MSP, I could see an older MDX easily in this area, despite being more of a "foreign", city-dweller type vehicle (to stereotype a bit). Have they released any actual vehicle footage that would help narrow it down? The stock pics don't do much and don't really help get public input to verify the year/model...I've been astounded by the minute details some people can pick out even in a grainy video clip to really help.

I'll add to the chorus here that gunshots in the northwood and rural areas are common, day or night. Our cabin backs on to state land on two sides and there's a shooting range on the backside of our lake where people frequently do target practice for hours upon hours on the weekends (I got hit by some random birdshot last summer while fishing, thankfully on the way down at the end of its range...the local Sheriff had people rearrange the targets for obvious safety reasons). People will frequently "hunt" coyotes and/or wolves at night around there, so it's not out of the norm for loud bangs at just about any hour. Especially with the change in daylight times, dark is starting earlier and earlier, so while it's dark, it's not really that late.

Anyway, I have a hundred theories and a thousand thoughts running through my head about this and have been following the case from the beginning (Amber alert on my phone went off disrupting my GPS/Maps as we were using then to navigate Chicago through traffic/construction on our way back from vacation last week!), but I can pretty much disprove them all with what we think we know vs. what we know are facts (which is very little right now). Hoping for a good outcome, or at least as good as it can be, considering the known status of the parents.

Likely a re post, but does not hurt to be reminded of the cars to watch out for.
Authorities expand ground search for missing Wisconsin girl
rbbm.
Oct 23 2018
"Two cars that may have been travelling near the Closs family's home on the night of the killings are being sought in the case, Fitzgerald said.

Investigators are looking for a red or orange Dodge Challenger and a black Ford Edge or black Acura MDX
. Fitzgerald didn't have information on the cars' license plates."

I cannot imagine organizing such a huge search unless they are truly at a loss as to where she could be...
I disagree. I cannot imagine organizing such a huge search just to walk around and see what they find. I think something triggered this search and they have a real expectation of finding something.

5FBE980C-580E-4598-8ECD-99FACF50FD6A.jpeg 2E11A229-75E0-4DE2-9677-BF3DCF14AC4F.jpeg A1AE3D0A-13AB-4AEC-9C98-C73E10E1966D.jpeg The house I was raised in was almost identical to this one. Ours had brick and different windows. I am trying to find the stock layout. Ours was built in the 70s by my father who says the floor plan was very common and inexpensive to build in the day. Our basement was well weatherproofed but not finished with a wood burner to help heat the house along with electric heat. Steps to the upstairs were on the right wall and led to the den/ kitchen. Also on the back was two bathrooms. Two bedrooms above the garage and a living room on the front where the front door was. We had an outside exit on the right side upstairs. It looks like the Closs house had this as well. The bathroom had no window. The one piece tub sat against the exterior wall on the back. Don’t know if it’s the same but just reminds me so much of my childhood home.

Wouldn't a mom's first instinct be to run protect their child and not barricade in a room? Unless she was in there when intruder came in and had no time.

I agree. At this point we don't know where Jayme was when her mother was shot. She could've been in the bathroom hiding with her mom. This could explain the uncertainty about who called 911 and the yelling and screaming heard in the call.

This is reminding me more and more of Mollie Tibbett's case as the days go on. Now it's a vehicle of interest - just like hers was - and they were found through private cameras. What is interesting is the same investigative techniques and strategies seem to be in place too.

I suspect some of the similarities are due to the FBI's Rapid Response Team that shows up within hours when a girl/boy goes missing.

I remember them well from the Abigail Hernandez kidnapping.

I think, sadly, the more they do the better they become. They also have video cameras and pinging cell towers.

We're getting better at finding our kids! Wish we could develop a much better solar system for finding remains! No family should have to wait and sorry when their child's remains lay within a mile of two from home! Caylee Anthony, Mollie Tibbetts.

We can send a man to the moon we can find our kids!

Trying to reconcile why the suspect(s) remained in the home for almost 30 minutes, it occurred to me that IF Denise had barricaded herself in the bathroom (hypothetical) , perhaps Jayme was also in that bathroom. That COULD account for the roughly 30 minutes, and also might explain why the sounds were clearly heard on the cell phone.

Unless and until it’s established that it was Jayme’s voice heard yelling in the background during the 911 call, it’s not a foregone conclusion the suspect(s) and Jayme lingered at the scene the entire ~30 minutes.

I live in Wisconsin & have neighbors who shoot at the worst times during the night. If it wakes me up, I am like the idiots are at it again. I roll over & go back to sleep.

Did the Closs's normally shoot guns all night long?

If these vehicle sightings were from dash cameras I wonder if they could at least tell if it looked like they had a front license plate. If no license plate that could possibly narrow it down to which state the vehicles are registered in.
If they were from dash cameras they would have plates. Both are side views and I believe are coming from video cameras!

Sorry if this has been brought up already but has anyone noticed the mailbox at the end of the drive? Possibly hit by a vehicle? Or maybe just a snowplow. Are there any pics that have been shown of the house prior to that day that would show the mailbox. I would think LE would automatically look for scraped vehicle paint. You can see it at about 00:28 in the video portion of the news article. Jayme Closs: FBI expands search nationwide for missing Wisconsin girl

XJW36558.JPG

This even in this sad sad situation warms my heart.
People lined up on 25 to get to the search staging area.
Army of searchers assemble today in Wisconsin in hunt for Jayme

This has been gnawing at me; if the dad’s body is in the front doorway it stands to reason that the killer and JC would have had to exit another door....Rather than climb over the body and risk leaving footprints in blood, etc
So was the killer familiar with the home enough to just FIND another way out? What door did they take? I’m not familiar enough w the floor plan of the house to know if u can exit the lower level garage without opening the large garage door(ie a side door).
Out in rural Wisconsin, especially in an area this dark, I know most people have some sort of motion light by their garage or patio doors, is that the case here? Bc a car pulling into the driveway would signal that motion light drawing attention to a car especially when they first pulled in or walked up to the front door.
If they fled on foot would they have exited thru a diff door straight into the woods?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member