TX - Ashton Ness, 16 months, stabbed to death by father, Lewisville, 19 Aug 2018

Video at link.

Texas man yelling ‘Jesus is coming’ while stabbing toddler is shot by neighbor trying to stop attack, cops say
A neighbor near the Oak Forest Apartments in Lewisville fired three shots, one of which hit the father in the leg, and a nearby woman tossed a garbage can at the man in a desperate bid to end the assault, FOX4 Dallas reported.

But the daring intervention came too late and the 16-month-old child died at the hospital. The child, father and neighbors were not immediately identified.
The child’s mother was at work when Sunday’s incident occurred. The family had no prior history with police or Child Protective Services, FOX4 reported. Charges against the father have not been announced.

Texas dad charged with capital murder in stabbing death of 16-month-old son
They identified the toddler
1534929169541.jpg

Blair Ness, 27, is charged in the death of his 16-month-old son, Ashton Ness.

Can I list the little boy's name in my description stuff?

Also - anyone find a link to Denton County - that's where Lewisville is in. I found the jail record, but it doesn't show any hearing dates on there.
You know me - I need dates! :)

The neighbor tried to stop him by shooting him in the leg.

It may have already been too late by that time but he tried. I hope the neighbor knows he did the best he could to save this boy from being murdered. He had no idea that this was going to happen. But he tried to stop it.

911 call.

North Texas Man Charged With Fatally Stabbing 16-Month-Old Son

....Ness has a criminal history in New Mexico. In 2013, he was arrested on rape charges and for resisting arrest in Los Lunas.

Looks like he is out of the hospital & been booked:

Lewisville dad accused of stabbing toddler to death charged with capital murder

Blair Ness was released from the hospital, booked and appeared before a judge to hear the charge against him.
[.....]
The probable cause affidavit states Ness had to be tased because he would not comply with officers' commands even though a neighbor had already shot him.
[.....]
he affidavit states that there was a "large blood stain in the master bedroom as well as a folding knife and blood....an odor of fresh burnt marijuana...several skull fragments were also located near the bedroom." It indicates the attack started inside the apartment.
[.....]
A family spokesperson said that Ness did not have a history of mental illness and was not a violent person. The man says Ness and the child's mother had been together for two years. He says Ness had recently started going to church, but had taken it a wrong direction by watching Satanic videos on YouTube.

North Texas Man Charged With Fatally Stabbing 16-Month-Old Son

Lewisville Police have identified 27-year-old Blair Ness as the suspect in Sunday’s fatal stabbing that killed his son, one-year old Ashton Ness.
upload_2018-8-24_20-58-46.jpegupload_2018-8-24_20-59-0.jpeg

An arrest affidavit reveals Ness said to an officer as he was taken into custody at Oak Forest Apartments Sunday, “I know every one’s mad, I’m mad. I killed my son.”

[...]

In recent weeks they say the suspect dove deep into religion, sharing his last Facebook post where he says “He gives all glory to Jesus Christ.”

[...]

Hmmm... still nothing on the Denton County court site.
I got this in my google alert - but don't have access to it - can someone give a 10% synopsis of this please? :)

Lewisville father accused of killing toddler in front of neighbors is indicted in grisly death | Crime | Dallas News

This is all I can read...
A Lewisville man accused of killing his 16-month-old son has been indicted on a capital murder charge, according to the Denton County District ...

Maybe it has a court date? :)

No mention of a court date

Blair Ness, 27, was indicted Thursday in the toddler's death, which happened Aug. 19 in front of several witnesses in the courtyard of the Oak Forest Apartments. A capital murder conviction is punishable by life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Ness remains in the Denton County jail in lieu of $1.5 million bail.

Thank you TXBorn! Much appreciated!

I can't see to find Denton County jail site... :rolleyes:

Anyone?
TIA! :)

No court date but he's there if you search jail records at the above link.

Jail Records Search Detail
Skip to Main Content Logout My Account Search Menu New Jail Search Refine Search Help
Booking #: 571105 Lewisville Police Department
Facility:
Booked: 08/22/2018 Released:
Name Ness, Blair Michae Desc White Male 5' 8" 160 lbs
Alias Hair Brown
SO # 215465 Eyes Hazel
Address 1531 S SH121 Business
Lewisiville, TX 75067

ViewDocumentFragment.aspx

Warrant # Charge Issuing Auth Offense Date Bond/Type Fine/Crt Costs Disposition
18-1879 CAPITAL MURDER OF PERSON UNDER TEN YOA Denton Dist 08/19/2018
Surety Bond