Search
STATE OF FLORIDA vs. MCARTHUR, ASHLEY BRITT

CHARGES
COUNT DESCRIPTION LEVEL DEGREE PLEA DISPOSITION DISPOSITION DATE

Expand 1 MURDER 1ST DEGREE PREMEDITATED (782.04(1a1)) F C

EVENTS
DATE EVENT JUDGE LOCATION RESULT

9/5/2018 8:30 AM DOCKET DAY SHACKELFORD, JAN M.C. BLANCHARD JUDICIAL BUILDING
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHARGES

1 PUBLIC ORDER CRIMES-RACKETEERING VIOLATION (895.03) F F
2 FRAUD SWINDLE-OBTAIN PROPERTY UNDER 20000 DOLLARS (817.034(4a3)) F T
3 ARSON-FIRST DEGREE (806.01(1)) F F

EVENTS

8/30/2018 9:00 AM EARLY PLEAS SHACKELFORD, JAN M.C. BLANCHARD JUDICIAL BUILDING

Escambia County Florida Clerk of the Circuit Court
Online Public Records

Search
STATE OF FLORIDA vs. MCARTHUR, ASHLEY BRITT

CHARGES

Expand 1 MURDER 1ST DEGREE PREMEDITATED (782.04(1a1)) F C

EVENTS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHARGES

1 PUBLIC ORDER CRIMES-RACKETEERING VIOLATION (895.03) F F
2 FRAUD SWINDLE-OBTAIN PROPERTY UNDER 20000 DOLLARS (817.034(4a3)) F T
3 ARSON-FIRST DEGREE (806.01(1)) F F

EVENTS

8/30/2018 9:00 AM EARLY PLEAS SHACKELFORD, JAN M.C. BLANCHARD JUDICIAL BUILDING

Postponed again until 10/31. She's been laying out in a bikini and her ankle monitor in her driveway.

Any updates on 10/31 hearing?

Looks like there is a hearing today, unless the last receipt is a request to cancel today's hearing, although it still shows as scheduled. The prior cancellations were because one of the attorney's in the case was having surgery. Hmmm... Ashley may need a vacation..request to travel o_O

11/2/2018 1:30 PM CRIMINAL PLEAS & MOTIONS

10/29/2018 NOTICE OF INTENT TO RELY ON CERTIFIED RECORDS
10/25/2018 NOTICE OF CANCELLATION OF HEARING
10/25/2018 NOTICE OF HEARING NOVEMBER 2, 2018 AT 1:30 PM
blank_clear.gif
10/23/2018 CRIMINAL PLEAS & MOTIONS SET FOR 11/02/2018 AT 1:30 PM IN MC/ , JDG: SHACKELFORD, JAN (MO TO TRAVEL AND DD; PER EMAIL FROM DIVISION E JA)
10/22/2018 MOTION FOR PERMISSION TO TRAVEL
10/22/2018 NOTICE OF HEARING NOVEMBER 2, 2018 AT 2:30 PM (CANCELLED BY NOTICE, FILED 10/25/2018)

Looks like there is a hearing today, unless the last receipt is a request to cancel today's hearing, although it still shows as scheduled. The prior cancellations were because one of the attorney's in the case was having surgery. Hmmm... Ashley may need a vacation..request to travel o_O

11/2/2018 1:30 PM CRIMINAL PLEAS & MOTIONS

10/29/2018 NOTICE OF INTENT TO RELY ON CERTIFIED RECORDS
10/25/2018 NOTICE OF CANCELLATION OF HEARING
10/25/2018 NOTICE OF HEARING NOVEMBER 2, 2018 AT 1:30 PM
blank_clear.gif
10/23/2018 CRIMINAL PLEAS & MOTIONS SET FOR 11/02/2018 AT 1:30 PM IN MC/ , JDG: SHACKELFORD, JAN (MO TO TRAVEL AND DD; PER EMAIL FROM DIVISION E JA)
10/22/2018 MOTION FOR PERMISSION TO TRAVEL
10/22/2018 NOTICE OF HEARING NOVEMBER 2, 2018 AT 2:30 PM (CANCELLED BY NOTICE, FILED 10/25/2018)

Permission to travel? What is that about?

Permission to travel? What is that about?

I'm not sure how to download today's hearing doc..Here is summary:
Permission to travel to UAB (Birmingham, AL) for donor evaluation. Authorized to travel 11/4/18 for tests on Monday, 11/5/18. To keep PTR advised of schedule and report 11/6/18.
Also A motion to suppress hearing 12/28/2018, Plea day set for 1/2/2019, and jury trial set for 1/14/2019. I'd bet that will be continued as well:(

Wonder about that "donor evaluation":rolleyes:

I'm not sure how to download today's hearing doc..Here is summary:
Permission to travel to UAB (Birmingham, AL) for donor evaluation. Authorized to travel 11/4/18 for tests on Monday, 11/5/18. To keep PTR advised of schedule and report 11/6/18.
Also A motion to suppress hearing 12/28/2018, Plea day set for 1/2/2019, and jury trial set for 1/14/2019. I'd bet that will be continued as well:(

Wonder about that "donor evaluation":rolleyes:

Sounds like she may be donating an organ or bone marrow or something for a family member? I don't know why those tests could not be done in a Florida hospital, however, and results faxed to wherever the person needing and organ is located. Seems like an attempt to gain sympathy (i.e.: look what a good person I am giving someone a kidney-- just as an example) and an opportunity to skip out on bail to me. Ugh.

Sounds like she may be donating an organ or bone marrow or something for a family member? I don't know why those tests could not be done in a Florida hospital, however, and results faxed to wherever the person needing and organ is located. Seems like an attempt to gain sympathy (i.e.: look what a good person I am giving someone a kidney-- just as an example) and an opportunity to skip out on bail to me. Ugh.

University of Alabama at Birmingham is actually only about 4 hours from Pensacola and the closest major teaching/research hospital. I live in Pensacola and its not uncommon to be referred to UAB. Many people don't realize we are only about 20 miles from the Alabama state line:)
Would love to know if a prisoner can be an organ donor??

University of Alabama at Birmingham is actually only about 4 hours from Pensacola and the closest major teaching/research hospital. I live in Pensacola and its not uncommon to be referred to UAB. Many people don't realize we are only about 20 miles from the Alabama state line:)
Would love to know if a prisoner can be an organ donor??

I didn't think they could while incarcerated... but I guess, maybe, since she's not technically convicted yet she can? I don't really know... I'm aware of how close Alabama is to the Florida panhandle, just thought that if tests were needed badly enough they could do them anywhere within her location. Maybe not? IDK.
Would permission to leave the state mean her ankle bracelet tracker gets removed? What happens if she decides to use this trip as a distraction to go on the run and not come back?

If you look at the Justice FB page her family runs, you can see what's going on.

Thanks, G.
This is run by Taylor's family, so I'm going to take a chance that it is allowed and share the link: Justice for Taylor Wright

I'm pretty sure mods allowed the family run page when it was a search page and since we had two VI's here for this case, this info being posted by family should be allowed to be discussed (just no copying of their exact words, I believe). I'll flag my post to make sure.

We taxpayers will cover medical care during ABMA's lengthy prison term. One kidney ought to be sufficient.

IIRC, the surgery is riskiest for the donor.

At this point, flight does seem to be a bigger risk!

Search
http://74.174.28.52/BMWebLatest/CourtCase.aspx/Details/2373501?digest=SQbaCIMNp/oE2Q/crF/zew
It seems defendant Ashley McArthur is travelling to Alabama regarding donating a kidney.
Here is a similar story from 2006 where a serial killer (nurse) donated a kidney:

Category: | Herald Sun
January 5, 2015
HIS job was to look after the sickest of the sick. People recovering from horrific burns and life-threatening illnesses. But ‘Satan’s Son’ betrayed their trust in the greatest way imaginable murdering dozens of patients.
[...]
LOVE was what Charles Cullen, a nurse in New Jersey, USA, believed could save him from the death wish that had been his companion since he was a child.
[...]
In another bizarre twist that threatened the justice process, Cullen, who was responsible for taking the lives of so many people, then decided to try and save one.

In August 2006, he donated one of his kidneys to Ernie Peckham, the brother of a former girlfriend. Peckham’s mother wrote to the serial killer, begging him to help her son. Cullen had once lived with Peckham’s sister Michelle, and he was determined to be a match to donate. Cullen’s lawyer, Johnnie Mask, said the kidney donation was a way for his client to ‘atone for his sins’.

So determined was Cullen to donate his kidney that he threatened to stop cooperating with the detectives who were investigating his crimes that stretched back to the 1980s. The families of Cullen’s victims saw this as blackmail and cowardice on the part of the killer who said he would not appear at his sentencing if he were denied the right to surgery to help Mr Peckham. After a series of meetings, New Jersey Attorney General Peter C Harvey agreed to let Cullen have the surgery but only after he appeared at his sentencing hearing.
[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back