FL - Man Shoots 6 at Yoga Studio, Killing 2 and Then Himself, Tallahassee, 2 Nov 2018

Ch. 9 Orlando says he was seen viewing *advertiser censored* while
in the classroom and for touching a female Middle school student inappropriately.
He asked a girl if she was ticklish then put his hands below
her bra on her stomach. He had subbed at 21 different schools
in Volusia Co.
Other teachers are now coming forward commenting on his
strange behavior and wondering how he got hired.
Previous fellow students at FSU are also discussing his weirdness and reluctance of being alone with him.

Hi all. long time, no see. Wish it was under better circumstances. The shooter was a relative of mine. I have not posted anywhere else about this. I may not post here about it either, but since you are all "old family" and good people, I am simply acknowledging this.

Hello GGE. I'm not part of your old circle, but just want to forward my sympathy for what your family must be going through right now. Ezekiel 18:20, the father is not blamed for the son, and vice-versa. And by extension, other family members.

Ch. 9 Orlando says he was seen viewing *advertiser censored* while
in the classroom and for touching a female Middle school student inappropriately.
He asked a girl if she was ticklish then put his hands below
her bra on her stomach. He had subbed at 21 different schools
in Volusia Co.
Other teachers are now coming forward commenting on his
strange behavior and wondering how he got hired.
Previous fellow students at FSU are also discussing his weirdness and reluctance of being alone with him.

Why was he not arrested for that!

Hi all. long time, no see. Wish it was under better circumstances. The shooter was a relative of mine. I have not posted anywhere else about this. I may not post here about it either, but since you are all "old family" and good people, I am simply acknowledging this.

Did the family ever see misogynistic and aggressive behavior before? Was there red flags besides the pedophilia as a substitute teacher?

Hello GGE. I'm not part of your old circle, but just want to forward my sympathy for what your family must be going through right now. Ezekiel 18:20, the father is not blamed for the son, and vice-versa. And by extension, other family members.

Thank you very much, I appreciate that. While I don't claim to speak for anyone except myself (and not even in any "official" capacity at this time), I do think it's fair to say that all of our sympathies lie with the loved ones of those who were affected by this terrible, senseless, indefensible crime.

Did the family ever see misogynistic and aggressive behavior before? Was there red flags besides the pedophilia as a substitute teacher?

I am not officially verified yet and don't want to overstep the boundaries of the rules, so will refrain from answering questions right now for the most part I think.

Also, I'll say up front that I'm not his closest family member, and my experiences and ability to answer questions will obviously reflect that.

And, "I can only speak for myself" should be considered implied at all times unless I say otherwise. MOO, as it were...

So I'm going to respectfully decline to answer this just now, but please dont' take it as being evasive. I can assure you that nobody in his family shares those points of views, and have no intention (or desire) whatsoever to defend him or his beliefs or actions in any way, shape, or form.

edited to add: I can say that my own perception of Scott was not "this is a healthy, well-adjusted individual".

He sent us post cards when he was in the military and afterwards, when he moved to Tallahassee, and there were some anecdotes and offhanded comments in those that caught my attention as coming off misogynistic back when we received them, and which hit me much harder when I re-read them the other day. They weren't blatantly so (depending on one's mindset and upbringing, I guess.. but I thought "oh geez he sure is being a crass 'Man's Man'", not "omg that male chauvenist pig" . I never saw aggressive behavior from him. He seemed rather reserved and was more likely to be napping or watching football or on the computer than doing anything one might consider "aggressive" from my own interactions and observations and conversations, etc. I mean, he also played sports in school and he did go to the gym, don't get me wrong. But wasn't aggressive that I ever saw at family gatherings or ever heard about anecdotally from anyone.

Re "were there any red flags besides pedophilia as a sub"...

I will remind you that I"m speaking only for myself - before he ever became a teacher, I saw red flags. Not "this guy is going to murder a bunch of people someday", just "something is off. very off. off enough that I no longer want to interact with him" at a certain point.

My husband agreed with me on that point.

I wonder what he was like as a teacher?

He had two master’s degrees. Yet he was not working? Or was he?

What guy grabs a random butt of a woman? Too weird!

He was working as a middle school teacher up until five months ago when he was fired for the incident where he asked a girl if she was ticklish and touched her under her bra line. I don't know for sure what he was doing since then. He did substitute teaching in between regular teaching jobs, aside from his years in the military or when he was in school. He taught before going into the military as well. But it always seemed that the teaching jobs ended the same as the military career did - with him being "asked to leave".

When I was growing up it was a normal thing to goose people. That's what itw as called to grab someone's butt. It was rude and misogynistic but not uncommon. I'm not defending it, just saying that this was not considered to be a sexual assault like if you grabbed someone's breast, at least not until the time that the concept of "sexual harassment" became "a Thing" anyway (early 1990s or so). I recall a customer goosing me in 1992 when I was at work and I was angry and offended and the management above me did reprimand that customer, but since it was a "normal thing that guys just do" nothing came of it. Things have changed a lot since then, thankfully. This is not a defense of Scott's actions, this is casual commentary on the concept of "what kind of guy grabs women's butts?"

And this dude was a high school teacher in Md. for 2 years.
Wonder if steroids or street drugs were involved.
Something pushed him over the edge. A female's rejection?

I don't know the answers to those questions but I can say that he never behaved or looked as though he was on steroids (yes I would recognize those things), and he was VERY much against street drugs. Quite judgemental about them and their users in fact. He did drink. I dont know to what extent but I know that the conditions of one of his charges that was eventually dropped was that he not drink to excess (that is in the news articles, which is how I know).

I would not disagree with your speculation that something pushed him over the edge, nor would I disagree with the speculation of "a female's rejection?" (I don't KNOW the answer, just saying those are things I also believe).

I will further mention that he had turned 4o at the start of October. He had never had a girlfriend and had wanted one badly for decades. I speculate this may have been some kind of milestone he had decided ahead of time would be a turning point for him, but I have no idea.

His FB says he wanted a neaningful reltionship with someone. Probably killed a woman that was involved with him somehow.

He does not appear to have friends

He did have people he got together with when he came back to his hometown to visit apparently, but not gonna lie - I was shocked when my DH told me that Scott was out with friends one time. I said "he has friends?" and DH said "apparently".

In his FB pic, he is really muscled up. He looks like he could attract women. But, is he another entitled incel?

He wasn't really a muscular guy but the men in the family are built big boned, big muscled, with barrel chests and wide shoulders. Scott also played football in high school and was a fairly tall fellow, a little over 6 foot or around 6 foot.

He did not really attract women. One couldn't be around him without picking up on his being "off". He gave off a creepy vibe that couldn't even be bypassed by people who knew him. It was a chore to be in his presence. One always felt compelled to leave ASAP. I feel bad for whomever he taught. I suspect the classroom was never comfortable for them.

I'd put money on it. He shot one woman 9 times--that is serious rage and I believe intentionally towards women. I think he was a very angry man who couldn't get a date with a woman (maybe a specific person in this room) and having just turned 40, this put him over the edge. As someone who is single and turning 40 next April, I understand the fear (**but not the rage or violence**). He had been arrested multiple times for battery (grabbing women). I see incel all over this guy. MOO.

Scott Beierle, gunman in Tallahassee yoga studio shooting, had history of arrests for grabbing women

ETA: do we need armed guards at yoga studios now? (sarcasm)

IMO this probably sums everything up pretty well. I am still curious whether he knew the victim(s) in any way. But otherwise my hunch is that he was an angry incel who had decided that if he didn't get a girl by 40, he would take a bunch of them out and then kill himself. I have no REASON to think this, but it's been my hunch since the second I found out what happened.

“According to his LinkedIn profile, Beierle described himself as a “job seeker” since June 2013. His profile notes that he graduated with a bachelor’s degree in political science and government in 2003 from the State University of New York at Binghamton. From 2005 to 2007, Beierle was an English teacher in Maryland in the Anne Arundel County Public Schools system, according to his LinkedIn profile.“

Who was Scott Beierle, the shooter at the Tallahassee yoga shop?

Also from above link:

Per LinkedIn profile:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/scott-beierle-0237a287/

-U.S. Army, 2008, served a two-year hitch.

-2011 to 2013, attended Florida State University in Tallahassee

-master’s degree in public administration

-awarded a master’s of science in planning, and urban and regional planning.

It just wasn't updated recently is all.

It also seems to have not included his education or jobs prior to his time in the army which is odd. He graduated from SUNY Binghamton in the early 2000s (info is in the news already) with a degree or two by the time he was done.

Between graduating from there in 2002/3ish, and going into the army, he taught (that was always what he intended to do with his life, be a teacher AFAIK). I believe as a substitute, perhaps in NY state. I've not seen anyone talk abuot that. Perhaps there were no incidents to note, I'm not sure offhand until I speak to family.

However the way I recall it is that he graduated, tried getting teaching jobs and did do some subbing, but IIRC (could be wrong, will consult family) it didn't end up working out well and/or he got into some kind of trouble, and joining the army was a means of removing himself from the situation and trying to find an entirely new line of work/way of life. But then that didn't end well either. IIRC it was not an honorable discharge. I believe he ranted about that in a youtube video before it was taken down.

After the army, he moved to florida and attened school down there etc as noted.

My guess is that the shooter underestimated the “power” of these “yoga people”.

RSBM - honestly knowing Scott I suspect his thought process had nothing to do with considering whether anyone would fight back, because there was never any chance he was going to walk out of there anyway. This was a suicide with homicides attached to it, not vice versa IMO.

Again, let me stress, IMO.

He had been stalking a soccer coach back in 2014 and was
arrested for trespassing because he had been banned from
the campus.
Gunman posed as customer, killed women in yoga studio, police say

I believe he was following her through the campus, and it was a volleyball coach. Not actually stalking.

I'm not defending him, i'm just trying to stay accurate. This struck me when I read the article because I've been casually aware of incel culture for some months already, due to a thread I read on a site where self proclaimed incels were bragging about how much they love to follow women and scare them, but not actually DO anything, so they can't be arrested, because they resent all women for forcing them to be incels to begin with.

So I noted when reading that story that it sounded like incel behavior to me, which is why I think it's important to note that it wasn't "stalking" it was "following" which aren't necessarily the same thing. I find myself wondering if he bragged about this incident to other incels.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back