Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few observations I have made from trawling facebook:

The organiser of the page for Toyah's boyfriend complaining that she posted the appeal on the Port Douglas Buy Sell Swap and received nasty comments.

A commenter on a Cairns Post article on facebook saying he reported to police that about 8.30pm on the Sunday night he was aggressively tailgated by someone in a white ute with a large tray and almost run off the road from behind. They were travelling north.

The Boyfriend has pictures of his dogs in a white ute with a large tray on his fb page.

I am not making assumptions here, merely observations.
the cairns post commenter also said he saw toyahs car?

After reading great posts by new member SW I am vearing away from the stranger angle (which I was originally leaning towards) and more to someone she knew.

I am sure the police are keeping mum cause If it turns out to be the BF I don’t think there would be any where safe for him to be in Australia so outrageous is this crime.

But I guess speculation and sightings and even people’s feelings are not hard evidence. Hope the DNA nails it. But if that person was the BF I guess he could claim the DNA got there because they lived together.
Even if they found it in his car, or on the dogs collar and lead.

Maybe that’s why they are so intent on the sightings because perhaps the BF has claimed he wasn’t near the markets or the beach?

IMO & speculation only.

yes but they could have been tailgating in their urgency to catch up with the car they said they were following?
But were they tourists? I mean surely if they were friends you don’t have to be that panicked? Don’t they know where they live or have their phone number? This one keeps snagging in my mind.

if you scroll down and read replies, this man says he reported the tailgating incident to crimestoppers and remembers seeing toyahs car,
sorry in advance if posting this is against tos

Yes he does say that, also that there were two males in the car. Good find!

yes but they could have been tailgating in their urgency to catch up with the car they said they were following?

I'm pretty sure the people with the flat tyre were travelling south - will try and find where I read it. Also they may have been a family, not two males.

After reading great posts by new member SW I am vearing away from the stranger angle (which I was originally leaning towards) and more to someone she knew.

I am sure the police are keeping mum cause If it turns out to be the BF I don’t think there would be any where safe for him to be in Australia so outrageous is this crime.

But I guess speculation and sightings and even people’s feelings are not hard evidence. Hope the DNA nails it. But if that person was the BF I guess he could claim the DNA got there because they lived together.
Even if they found it in his car, or on the dogs collar and lead.

Maybe that’s why they are so intent on the sightings because perhaps the BF has claimed he wasn’t near the markets or the beach?

IMO & speculation only.

Thanks 1968! I think the police are focusing on flushing the perpetrator out at this point. Waiting for them to slip up - which they eventually will. IMHO.

I'm pretty sure the people with the flat tyre were travelling south - will try and find where I read it. Also they may have been a family, not two males.

Nope, it was 2 males with the flat tyre but they were travelling south.

"The witness said the men appeared "scruffy" and after helping them, they hastily piled back into their white ute and began the 40km drive south to Cairns."
Police hunt ‘panicked’ men in Toyah’s murder

I do apologise for my flurry of posts. Here is an article that claims the two men in the white ute with a flat tyre - travelling south - have been spoken to by police.
Fresh twist in murder mystery of Toyah Cordingley, 24, found dead in sand dunes on Queensland beach | Daily Mail Online

We don't mind your flurry of posts! it's a welcome injection. I'm sure i'm also speaking for others here. Thanks for your input & anythign you can think of is appreciated :)

Re: her friends at the funeral - not warming to her boyfriend. He seems a bit different. Maybe that is why? I thought the grab for cash was a bit unusual (?) not something i would do but each to their own? He is obviously an animal lover, & is also a vegan. I said before - this doesn't make him innocent, esp if he is UTI. I know ice is prevalent up there. Trying not to jump to conclusions though!! If he has recently been rejected, which i wouldn't really know the truth about that, that would provide a motive. Her injuries seem deranged - so someone is very very upset. Could it be someone else who likes her but she has rejected? Or even a stalker? - i've heard the term stalker being thrown around a bit in regards to Toyah :(

We don't mind your flurry of posts! it's a welcome injection. I'm sure i'm also speaking for others here. Thanks for your input & anythign you can think of is appreciated :)

Thankyou - my brain just goes flat out sometimes! I have just found a post that the boyfriend posted at 10:55pm on Sunday 21st October on facebook. He is asking if anyone has seen his missing dog Jersey, last seen walking up the track to Spring Creek Falls at 6pm on the Sunday.
Map with location marked with red balloon:
Map.jpg

Jersey is not the dog that was with Toyah, that dog's name is Indie.

Edit - too many maps!

Last edited:
Re: her friends at the funeral - not warming to her boyfriend. He seems a bit different. Maybe that is why? I thought the grab for cash was a bit unusual (?) not something i would do but each to their own? He is obviously an animal lover, & is also a vegan. I said before - this doesn't make him innocent, esp if he is UTI. I know ice is prevalent up there. Trying not to jump to conclusions though!! If he has recently been rejected, which i wouldn't really know the truth about that, that would provide a motive. Her injuries seem deranged - so someone is very very upset. Could it be someone else who likes her but she has rejected? Or even a stalker? - i've heard the term stalker being thrown around a bit in regards to Toyah :(

Yes he does seem different but definitely not unusual for North QLD at all.
The rumours I heard about Toyah's body (and they are only rumours) suggest not only were they very upset but also very sick and twisted.
The poster Breaking News thought Toyah may have had a new boyfriend, it would be interesting to find out.
Definitely could be a stalker.

Thankyou - my brain just goes flat out sometimes! I have just found a post that the boyfriend posted at 10:55pm on Sunday 21st October on facebook. He is asking if anyone has seen his missing dog Jersey, last seen walking up the track to Spring Creek Falls at 6pm on the Sunday.
Map with location marked with red balloon:
View attachment 155892

Jersey is not the dog that was with Toyah, that dog's name is Indie.

Wow, that is really unusual! hmmmmm...... gotta think about that one! any ideas anyone? seems suspect to me :(

Wow, that is really unusual! hmmmmm...... gotta think about that one! any ideas anyone? seems suspect to me :(

Will have to give it some thought also. The time Toyah was reported missing is bugging me. Various reports say 11pm Sunday and others say Monday morning. Oh I just saw someone responded that Jersey was found on Tuesday morning but not whereabouts.

Will have to give it some thought also. The time Toyah was reported missing is bugging me. Various reports say 11pm Sunday and others say Monday morning. Oh I just saw someone responded that Jersey was found on Tuesday morning but not whereabouts.
Looks like the falls are about 2/3 the way back to PD from Wangetti beach... wonder what it was doing there, if there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member