Identified! NY - Yonkers, WhtFem 30-35, 1216UFNY, butterfly tattoo, 2 C-sections, Jun'92 - Meresa Hammonds

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought this was Yonkers Jane for sure, but Paula Waid's daughter and husband both ruled her out on our Facebook page.

View attachment 129473

Paula Janet Waid
Missing since March 15, 1991 from Land O'Lakes, Pasco County, Florida
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: July 1, 1955
Age at Time of Disappearance: 35 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'9"; 110 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Red hair; brown eyes.
Clothing: A red and white jacket and khaki pants.
AKA: Paula Weher

Circumstances of Disappearance
Paula Waid was last seen at her residence at 19231 Causeway Boulevard in Land O'Lakes, Florida.
Waid was possibly heading to South Carolina on foot. Foul play is suspected.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2905dffl.html

Police release rendering of serial killer's victim in hope of learning identity

Investigators are hoping to give a serial murderer's victim from two decades ago a name.

Police released an artist's rendering of a woman whose dismembered body was found in black plastic bags down a Yonkers alley in June 1992.

The woman was missing both arms and a leg, so police were not able to fingerprint her, but her DNA was just put into a national system last year thanks to a blood sample.

The woman was a prostitute who had at least one child, according to police, but they’ve released few other details.

A distinctive butterfly tattoo may help to identify the woman known as the Yonkers Jane Doe

Investigators are hoping to give a serial murderer's victim from two decades ago a name.

Police released an artist's rendering of a woman whose dismembered body was found in black plastic bags down a Yonkers alley in June 1992.

The woman was missing both arms and a leg, so police were not able to fingerprint her, but her DNA was just put into a national system last year thanks to a blood sample.

The woman was a prostitute who had at least one child, according to police, but they’ve released few other details.

A distinctive butterfly tattoo may help to identify the woman known as the Yonkers Jane Doe

Really great video interview in that link. I am so thrilled appeal for her was done by det. Geiss to make her case circulate among the public again. They did show also first original sketch of her from 1995 which I have searched for years to no avail. Location and other details are also shown. Well done.

This is a screenshot of the original sketch headshot from the video that Al Ka mentioned.

Thank you SO MUCH for posting this, folie! I had no idea this piece was aired! Super happy to see Yonkers Jane getting some long overdue press. I think the last piece done was 2 years ago. I feel that because her killer was caught, she doesn't get as much press as our other local Doe, Mount Vernon Jane.

I am confident that she will be identified one day soon. Shared this article and screencaps of it to the Facebook page I run for her.

Oh that is really great jess927 can you post a link to that page?
Thank you SO MUCH for posting this, folie! I had no idea this piece was aired! Super happy to see Yonkers Jane getting some long overdue press. I think the last piece done was 2 years ago. I feel that because her killer was caught, she doesn't get as much press as our other local Doe, Mount Vernon Jane.

I am confident that she will be identified one day soon. Shared this article and screencaps of it to the Facebook page I run for her.[/QUOT

I came across this lady who did not have a permanent address and her family had not heard from her in Years... With that in mind.. it says that she had a brightly colored bird on her back right shoulder... could they have remembered a bird and it was actually a butterfly? also mentions her height as 5'6 and weight 110... people can put on weight in years … anyway I just wanted to add her to the thread.. the photo is not great as it is in black nd white an looks like a photo copy.. I don't know if she has been added to this thread already.

The Lost & The Found

Sue Walker
Date last seen March 13, 1992
Age last seen 33 years old
Sex Female
Race White
Ethnicity Unsure
Nickname/Alias
Circumstances: Family had not heard from Walker for several years and became concerned. She did not have a permanent address

City last seen Seattle
County last seen King
State last seen Washington

Weight 110 to 110 lbs
Height 66 to 66 inches
Hair color Brown
Left eye color Green
Right eye color Green

Tattoos Brightly colored bird, R deltoid region

Thumbnail

here is a long shot
Hilda Marcum – The Charley Project

Hilda Marcum
  • hilda_marcum_1.jpg
  • hilda_marcum_2.jpg
Marcum, circa 1989

• Missing Since 05/28/1989
  • Missing From Portsmouth, Ohio
  • Classification Missing
  • Date of Birth 04/06/1946 (72)
  • Age 43 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'6, 110 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A light blue sleeveless shirt under a white short-sleeved blouse, size 3 blue jeans and black penny loafers.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Red hair, hazel eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Marcum was last seen at the Tugboat Tavern at 8th and Campbell Avenue in Portsmouth, Ohio on May 28, 1989. She had gone there with a female friend. She left the establishment without her friend and has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.
Hilda Marcum – The Charley Project

https://www.theunidentified.org/blo...ne-doe-victim-of-serial-killer-robert-shulman

Police are reviving interest in the cold case of "Yonkers Jane Doe", a woman allegedly murdered by serial killer Robert Shulman in 1992. Shulman claimed to have taken this woman back to his hotel room at which point the two participated in recreational drug activity. Shulman blacked out and when he awoke, this woman was deceased. At that point Shulman dismembered the body and disposed of her in a Yonkers alley, wrapped in a plastic bag.

View her case and her unique butterfly tattoo or click the article to read the news story posted below.
file.jpg
dc3f19_5a237c3a2e3e4f269806aaa6d3429c24~mv2.png

Click to Open Article in New Tab

Yonkers Jane Doe's DoeNetwork page has been updated.

1216UFNY
1216UFNY2.jpg
1216UFNY3.jpg
1216UFNY1.jpg

Reconstruction of the victim by Carl Koppelman; original sketch; victim's tattoo. To view postmortem photos of the victim please click here and here .

Date of Discovery: June 27, 1992
Location of Discovery: Yonkers, Westchester County, New York
Estimated Date of Death: 1 day
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Homicide

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 28-42 years old
Race: White
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 115 to 140 lbs.
Hair Color: Dark brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Tattoo of a butterfly on her right shoulder. Two Caesarean section scars, one vertical and other transverse. Scar on midportion of left thigh. Pierced ears. Toes on left foot have bright red nail polish. Unknown if right toenails and fingernails were painted.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Short sleeved light blue jean jacket. White bra, size 32A.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim's dismembered body was found in a trash bin at a small shopping center about a block from the New York Thruway. Both her arms and one leg had been removed.

She is one of five victims of Robert Shulman. Three of the victims were identified, while another, remains unidentified.

Shulman, a 42-year-old postal worker, would pick up prostitutes, get high on crack, have sex, and then bludgeon and dismember his victims. He would then dispose of their body parts in garbage bins throughout Long Island and Yonkers. He was active from 1991 to 1995. He was originally sentenced to death, but his sentence was later changed to life without parole. He died in prison in 2006.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Westchester County Medical Examiner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Elayne Schwartz
Agency Phone Number: 914-231-1600 or 914-231-4405
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: MEW1992-1396

Agency Name: Suffolk County Police Department
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 914-377-7725
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: Unknown

NCIC Case Number: Unknown