Norway Norway - Arjen Kamphuis, 47, Dutch citizen, Bodø, 20 Aug 2018 - #2

@worldwatcher; I don't think so. Arjen knew methods how to stealth around. Removing Signal is not one of those methods.
Guess you're right.
Signal is not an app that tracks fake cell towers.

Another possible senario,why he removed Signal can be, that maybe he did so,in order to his new phone number/ (German) simcard that was switched later on august ,30...if that was him.
I do not think he removed without a clear purpose.

New phone number:

Leave all groups
You may want to notify your group members that you will be leaving the group and will need them to add your new number to the group.Unregister your Signal number This will prevent you from missing messages until your contacts update their phones with your new number.Reinstall and register with your new number.Ask your contacts to add your new number to groups that you left.Re-link any instances of Signal Desktop. What if someone registers with my If someone were to register with your old number on a new phone, then they will have an empty message history. Your contacts will also be made aware of a safety number change if they start messaging with the old number.
Also more about dual simcards: Dual Sim

Does Signal allow multiple accounts on one phone or one account on multiple phones?
Signal can only be registered to one phone number per mobile device. If you have a dual SIM phone, you must choose one number to register with Signal.

How does Signal messaging work with dual SIM phones?
Just as if there was a single SIM, Signal communication is available with the Signal registered number.All Signal-to-Signal communication is private and end-to-end encrypted.Signal can use whichever internet connection is enabled on your phone, WiFi or mobile data from either SIM. New Number or New Phone

Then his phone pings in Rogaland, and this appears to change everything. But does it really? Did the phone ever ping again? IMHO an accident / self inflicted accident is not necessarily excluded by those pings.

I have no explanation for those pings, but one thing I do know: phones and simcards are phones and simcards, they are not Arjen.
I do agree that an accident seems likely and someone "found/got" the phones and that person has the key to whatever happend.

The trouble is that Arjen isn't an ordinary person.His cyberworld, experiences and interest is quite different then ours.
People he works with,are also very differently
than average.

It raises more questions then answers and the reason why I asked this question "how far can you go with a kayak,that isn't prepared in a proper way and could be loaded with luggage?"

I was refering to this post:
Norway - Arjen Kamphuis, 47, Dutch citizen, Bodø, 20 Aug 2018
Maybe an expert did investigate the kayak damage and police confirmed this conclusion to the family?

Also it still isn't clear to me,where the seat,paddle is found..the kayak was dragged onshore by someone..(maybe stuff were taken out..before it was reported found to LE)

But I do think that the phone ping on that evening was from Arjen,himself..maybe he was in trouble and reached out for help.
The paddle and kayak was found in the fjord. Unfortunately the thread was moved without moving some verified facts, timeline etc. Now the same questions that has been answered many time rise again, it is one step ahead and two steps back

Removing Signal is an indication of disconnecting from his family and friends.

Looking at Arjen's disappearance from the beginning, it has many characteristics of depression, mid life crisis and even a possible suicide.

- he bought a kayak and his friends had not heard him about kayaking before, in fact he did not tell them about this hi-tec gadget.
- he changed the destination of his holiday, nobody knew.
- he deleted Signal so they could no longer reach him via that channel
- it was said that he spoke with no one during his holiday. At the time, I did not believe that he would have gone raving mad if he had, I wrote (or similar), well maybe that is just what happened.
- on the day of his disappearance his behaviour is erratic. He has made a reservation for the night train, he takes a different train late in the afternoon, the benefits of that choice remain unclear, it would have given him hardly any time for anything. He does not cancel his reservation, nor does he cancel his flight.

Then his phone pings in Rogaland, and this appears to change everything. But does it really? Did the phone ever ping again? IMHO an accident / self inflicted accident is not necessarily excluded by those pings.

I have no explanation for those pings, but one thing I do know: phones and simcards are phones and simcards, they are not Arjen.
Arjen might indeed have wanted to disappear. He might have got tired of all that espionage. By "self-erasing" himself he might finally feel the sense of freedom. Lead a free life, free of espionage and free of constantly having to watch his back. But then again, he would have had to change his identity and appearance in order to lead an anonymous life. Quite difficult, but not impossible.

Suicide? Who knows?

Those pings in Rogaland are a pain the @$$.
And the ping at Fauske indicates that the phone (I assume even both phones) was above water at that time. Phones do not ping when under water.

I read on #findarjen that after all, his front door had been messed up in NL as well. So his friends say that it had happened to him twice; once in Germany and once in NL. If it is true that Arjen had received warnings in the past, then why on Earth would he go on holiday in "NSA-country Nordland"? It doesn't make sense.

Has his front door really been messed up? Was NL police notified about this? Why didn't Ancilla mention that in her interviews on TV and in the papers? Ancilla even said that his work was quite innocent lately and not that precarious at all and that he was mainly working with students etc. She was quite irritated that he was being associated with wikileaks, etc etc.

I have the impression that Ancilla did not know (was not told) that his front door had been messed up just weeks before he went on holiday (if true).
This can mean two things:
- either it did not happen and someone made up this story (who? Arjen? friends? why? was this story supposed to be part of the disappearance act?)
- or it did happen and Ancilla was not told -> but: Ancilla said in an interview that she has access to his apartment, she has a copy of his key. How could she not know that the door had been messed up if it had been messed up?

Too many questions. In the mean time, Arjen has disappeared.

Avisa Nordland has published an article about Arjen Kamphuis..

https://www.an.no/arjen-kamphuis/bo...ningsgaten-som-plutselig-stilnet/s/5-4-911977

kamphuis.jpg

Something about the disappearance that suddenly stopped ..... ?? The trail? The investigation itself? It is behind a paywall of course. I don't mind paying, but only for one report and not an entire subscription please. I also have the suspicion that perhaps there is nothing new, Ancilla stopped as a spokeswoman weeks ago, already in October if I remember well.

<modsnip - discussing FB>

Quite so. Go Norwegians!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder worldwatcher. And will we know the results?

I really wonder about the presence of DNA on a plastic kayak that has been submerged in sea water for quite a while. Plus it was relatively new. The DNA / fingerprints of the manufacturers may be on it, if traces are still there. The DNA of the man who sold it to Arjen. The DNA of the person who pulled the kayak ashore and so on. Maybe someone helped Arjen with the kayak on another occasion. It is not like it is a very personal object like a toothbrush.

But of course you only know if you investigate. The news that they were checking for DNA is from over six weeks ago. There might have been results already, but there is no news.

https://www.an.no/arjen-kamphuis/bo...ningsgaten-som-plutselig-stilnet/s/5-4-911977

kamphuis.jpg

Something about the disappearance that suddenly stopped ..... ?? The trail? The investigation itself? It is behind a paywall of course. I don't mind paying, but only for one report and not an entire subscription please. I also have the suspicion that perhaps there is nothing new, Ancilla stopped as a spokeswoman weeks ago, already in October if I remember well.

Quite so. Go Norwegians!

It is the trail who suddenly stopped... Nothing new in the article beside that his friends have done research themselfs and a expert wonder what he was after if he went to the radarstation at Fauske. It is locked and you have to ID yourself, and the station is a military area. The investigation is still on, but they dont know for how long they will use the resources they have now.. They are still working with the pings in Rogaland...

It is the trail who suddenly stopped... Nothing new in the article beside that his friends have done research themselfs and a expert wonder what he was after if he went to the radarstation at Fauske. It is locked and you have to ID yourself, and the station is a military area. The investigation is still on, but they dont know for how long they will use the resources they have now.. They are still working with the pings in Rogaland...

Thanks Lorrie! I was hoping you would come to the rescue and that did not take long!

Dear me, when someone goes missing the trail always stops .... that is why they have gone missing in the first place.
The question is: where does the trail stop? In Rognan? in Rogaland? or even in Denmark?

I am firmly on #teamRognan, until proven otherwise. I agree with the expert that it would make little sense for Arjen to go to the radarstation in Fauske. It would also make little sense to take the train as far as Rognan if you want to go to Fauske.

kamphuis.jpg

Quite so. Go Norwegians!

It says the media coverage about the disapearence suddenly stopped, police are still investigating, but with no further information, at least to media, and with less strenght.

Tom Fjermedal, the "local celebrity quissvert" and one who knows "everyone" in Vikeså says:
- People talk about the case, but nobody knows anything.

What does it mean that a SIM card was opened in a telephone at Vikeså? Probably we are in the circle around the esso and E39. Margun Hegelstad and Bente Slettebø say that it is a routine to get the police to visit criminal cases where Vikeså is involved. The gas station has eight cameras that sweep over the most and probably also bring traffic to Europe.
"But we have neither seen nor heard anything in the matter," said Magrun Hegelstad.

Police inspector Bjarte Walla writes that most tips are from Stavanger and Vikeså. They assume that people have seen a man similar to the description of Kamphuit.

Who are those people police inspector Bjarte Walla claims to have seen him near Vikeså ?? Seems like some journalists wanted to find out also but did not meet anyone. Sim-kortet til den savnede nederlenderen kan spores til Vikeså

Tom Fjermedal, the "local celebrity quissvert" and one who knows "everyone" in Vikeså says:
- People talk about the case, but nobody knows anything.

What does it mean that a SIM card was opened in a telephone at Vikeså? Probably we are in the circle around the esso and E39. Margun Hegelstad and Bente Slettebø say that it is a routine to get the police to visit criminal cases where Vikeså is involved. The gas station has eight cameras that sweep over the most and probably also bring traffic to Europe.
"But we have neither seen nor heard anything in the matter," said Magrun Hegelstad.

Police inspector Bjarte Walla writes that most tips are from Stavanger and Vikeså. They assume that people have seen a man similar to the description of Kamphuit.

Who are those people police inspector Bjarte Walla claims to have seen him near Vikeså ?? Seems like some journalists wanted to find out also but did not meet anyone. Sim-kortet til den savnede nederlenderen kan spores til Vikeså
Thank you Eeqaz, what does quissvert mean? Is Tom the quizz master of the Bjerkreim Quiz?
BJERKREIMS QUIZEN! Ons. 20. sept. kl 19.30 på Vikeså Veiservice Quizmaster: Tom Fjermedal Startkontingent: kr 30,- pr.person VELKOMEN; me har plass til fleir!
https://www.bjerkreim.kommune.no/Handlers/fh.ashx?MId1=2492&FilId=5045

Why would an.no ask about Arjen to a popular someone of Bjerkreim, Vikeså?!?

Thank you Eeqaz, what does quissvert mean? Is Tom the quizz master of the Bjerkreim Quiz?
BJERKREIMS QUIZEN! Ons. 20. sept. kl 19.30 på Vikeså Veiservice Quizmaster: Tom Fjermedal Startkontingent: kr 30,- pr.person VELKOMEN; me har plass til fleir!

It is not an.no but the local newspaper in Stavanger, guess it also cover Vikeså...

the article is written in Stavanger, the largest paper covering Vikeså; I guess they don't have many celebrities when the quizmaster is called one, but he also works for the municipality. And he appears in some christian dating sites, romantic farmers quiz etc. Oh well, my point: Police say they got lots of tips from the area, why are there no interiews with those people?

It is not an.no but the local newspaper in Stavanger, guess it also cover Vikeså...
Right
the article is written in Stavanger, the largest paper covering Vikeså; I guess they don't have many celebrities when the quizmaster is called one, but he also works for the municipality. And he appears in some christian dating sites, romantic farmers quiz etc. Oh well, my point: Police say they got lots of tips from the area, why are there no interiews with those people?
Yes, you're right. And, Bjerkreim was mentioned several times in the media in connection to the Vikesa ping. Apparently the ping was with the "Bjerkreim antenna".

The Esso station has a self-service restaurant and also serves as Tourist office:
Bjerkreim Tourist Information Office at Vikeså Veiservice

According to https://finnsenderen.no/#/main , the locations of the antenna's along the E39 are here:
bJha8lp.jpg

Let's try to make some sense.

Arjen Kamphuis loses his fanny pack with his wallet in the fjord. In the wallet: credit cards and money. He then starts a new life or is abducted, and perhaps he was abducted or robbed before he lost the wallet, the fanny pack, the kayak and the paddle. Ten days later, he is in a car near Vikeså and while abducted or during the start of a new life (plus he knows everything there is to know about phones and pings), he changes the SIM card in his phone and perhaps even visits the restaurant, without money or his wallet because he has lost those in the fjord. Restaurants along motorways tend to have CCTV, but hey who cares when one is being abducted or has started a new life?

After all, he is a smart guy.

There is a scenario in which he ditches it all, money, passport everything and decides to live off the radar. He would still need the help of others to be in a car or reach the Vikeså region by other means. Yet no one has come forward to claim that they offered him a ride. If he stole a car, he would still need to know how to drive. Some people do not care about a driver's licence and drive anyway. Arjen did not have a licence, and would he know how to steal & drive a car? You've got to be familiar with cars to pull that one off and change a simcard while driving. IMHO we can strike that one.

If he was with this group of hikers - these too keep their mouth shut.

He must have bewitched them all.

Isn't it odd that almost no one remembers seeing him around Bodø but there appear to be several sightings around Vikeså?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back