Identified! OR - Cave Junction, 'Annie Doe' WhtFem UP10929, 16-20, Redwood Hwy, Aug'71 - Annie Lehman

View attachment 156806
I created a digital image of "Annie" from looking at the clay bust by Joyce Nagy. Then, I used that information, alongside info from DDP to digitally create a face. Please note the hairstyle is not included.

I have always thought that Annie Doe held a resemblance to Donna Ann Lass (South lake Tahoe Ca, 1970) .. I'm not sure if all the genetic findings would rule her out automatically, but she definitely resembles your digital photo. She also originally came from South Dakota... which is near the Great Lakes area.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181129-050448_Photo Editor.jpg
    Screenshot_20181129-050448_Photo Editor.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 56
Missing Person Case
So sorry. New here. Here is the link to donna lass on namus.
Several articles I read said that her hair was "frosted blonde.." meaning she had brownish hair with dyed blonde streaks. Hard to tell in a black and white photos but her hair definitely looks pretty dark to me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181129-171918_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20181129-171918_Gallery.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20181129-172007_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181129-172007_Chrome.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 22
So sorry about not putting the link in the Original comment Carbuff, I will definitely make sure it does not happen again

I didn't mean to single you out--we've all (including msyelf) become careless about it recently.

I'll take a closer look at Donna Lass tomorrow. She does have a resemblance.

I find one flaw.. Annie had predicted brown eyes, but Donna had blue eyes.

Yes TMM.. that is one thing that does make me doubt that it might be her, but in the small chance they might be wrong about eye color, I definitely think she is worth ruling out

If it was an actual observed brown eye, I'd call it a ruleout, but I don't know how accurate the DNA predictions are. Brown eyes are by far the most common and if I just guessed she had brown eyes, I'd have like a three out of four chance of being right.

A couple more links:

The Doe Network: Case File 836DFCA
Donna Ann Lass – The Charley Project

Some people think she might be a victim of the Zodiac killer, but the evidence seems to be pretty thin and boy talk about tinfoil-hat conspiracy theories...

*goes to wash out brain*

I really wondered about the prediction of the eye color. I just re read the posting on Annie Doe's DNA testing from the DNA Doe project and the exact wording they used in their fb posting was that the tests determined she "MIGHT POSSIBLY " have had brown eyes,.. so I'm wondering how accurate the testing can really be?

DNA Doe Project

If it was an actual observed brown eye, I'd call it a ruleout, but I don't know how accurate the DNA predictions are. Brown eyes are by far the most common and if I just guessed she had brown eyes, I'd have like a three out of four chance of being right.

A couple more links:

The Doe Network: Case File 836DFCA
Donna Ann Lass – The Charley Project

Some people think she might be a victim of the Zodiac killer, but the evidence seems to be pretty thin and boy talk about tinfoil-hat conspiracy theories...

*goes to wash out brain*

I have read up a lot on the Donna Lass case,... I don't know if Donna's sister Mary Pilker is still alive, but from what i read she always did believe that the zodiac killer was responsible for Donna Lass disappearance.
I sure know there are a few really creepy coincidences I've noticed between the 2 cases,.. especially concerning some of the post cards/ cards sent in from "zodiac" or suspected "zodiac killer".. and the Annie doe Crime scene... (like you mentioned there has never been proof)...
So it will be interesting to see her get identified, and see who she truly is, and if the things I've noticed are all just creepy coincidences, and how it plays out.

I did my predictive eye color on Gedmatch it came out correct ... all thou have read comments where others are not accurate.

My father had very light blue my mother had dark brown I ended up with Green, if it was not for DNA I would have thought I was a milkman baby .. lol

Some also came from Canada to work in Detroit, if anyone wants to search there. That comes from one of the descendants of Harriet.

Thanks Sunnynz. I have hit brick walls as far as researching NZ Vanstones. I did not find much more than what is on public family trees on Ancestry. I have started to look at that Surname in the US and Canada instead to see if I can find Vanstones who were recent immigrants from NZ and may be connected to Richard and Harriet. One very interesting thing I am noting is that search results on websites that show me maps have the largest number of Vanstone results in the state of Illinois and some surrounding states. This matches up with Annie's isotope findings that suggested she may have lived in a "Great Lakes Region" state. So I am going to work backwards and work on Vanstone family trees in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and nearby Midwestern states to see if any can be connected back to the NZ Vanstones. Of course, her surname may not be Vanstone at all since Richard and Harriet had 8 daughters, but it is not a super common surname so it is easy to start by researching that.
I just started learning the genealogical research project with my own DNA recently, and I compared to a Jane Doe that was local to my family origin and where I have recently discovered a relative was born that has no info on one side of her family. I was able to connect us through the right side, but in doing so and researching the area, I came upon a Jane Doe. I compared our DNA using Eurogenes in Gedmatch. What came back from the Eurogenes indicator was a match within 90% of racial makeup (she had two small 5% for categories I had 0% in comparison, I had a 1.8% she didn't have.) Otherwise the pairing was a match with the widest margin being 5%, that being North Atlantic for me, which makes sense in comparison to our generations.

My question is this. Does anyone know what the percentage for that margin would be to be considered a close match? I am pretty overly excited about DNA, and thankful for a cell biology professor who taught me well. I don't want to waste resources with false alarms.

I just started learning the genealogical research project with my own DNA recently, and I compared to a Jane Doe that was local to my family origin and where I have recently discovered a relative was born that has no info on one side of her family. I was able to connect us through the right side, but in doing so and researching the area, I came upon a Jane Doe. I compared our DNA using Eurogenes in Gedmatch. What came back from the Eurogenes indicator was a match within 90% of racial makeup (she had two small 5% for categories I had 0% in comparison, I had a 1.8% she didn't have.) Otherwise the pairing was a match with the widest margin being 5%, that being North Atlantic for me, which makes sense in comparison to our generations.

My question is this. Does anyone know what the percentage for that margin would be to be considered a close match? I am pretty overly excited about DNA, and thankful for a cell biology professor who taught me well. I don't want to waste resources with false alarms.

I don't have a clue, sorry. I've never worked with Gedmatch DNA matches. I just research family trees for the most part. We have a thread on DNA genealogy in the private forums. You should try asking your question there (and keep this thread for discussing Annie Doe): https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/has-anyone-done-their-dna-for-genealogy.323643/

I don't have a clue, sorry. I've never worked with Gedmatch DNA matches. I just research family trees for the most part. We have a thread on DNA genealogy in the private forums. You should try asking your question there (and keep this thread for discussing Annie Doe): https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/has-anyone-done-their-dna-for-genealogy.323643/
I am unable to edit my post to take it down and I'm a little offended so I will just take my research and see my way out. Cheers Websleuths.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back