Steven Avery: Guilty of Teresa Halbach's Murder? #2

I'm actually very impressed with her accomplishments.

So I would have to say you are wrong.

I meant in regards to this case. I guess we will have to wait and see :) Not everything she has done in this case has impressed me either though... so there is that lol

I meant in regards to this case. I guess we will have to wait and see :) Not everything she has done in this case has impressed me either though... so there is that lol
I still can be impressed if Zellner actually shows me something impressive.

It has been discussed here and KZ mentioned it on twitter. To try to put it into a nutshell... the battery that was in TH's RAV4 was not the right battery for her vehicle. It didn't fit properly. The battery that was in the RAV4 is a battery that is typically found in Crown Victoria's and Jeep Wranglers (and other vehicles), and of course, some LE use Crown Vic's (that is from the poster, not KZ, she was more vague). The poster that sent the info to KZ has posted in the last few days that KZ's team has been keeping him updated, but he is kind of cryptic in his posts. It sounds like Interstate actually informed them that there is an additional number on the battery which would help determine where it went and that they have indeed provided that information. This poster also seems quite confident that it went somewhere that has a fleet of vehicles, which would be like a city/county/gov't and I guess maybe a bigger business?
So Interstate battery marks batteries in a way that tells them which particular fleet gets them.

What happens if the WD sends one of those batteries to a retailer by mistake and it gets sold to the general public?

So Interstate battery marks batteries in a way that tells them which particular fleet gets them.

What happens if the WD sends one of those batteries to a retailer by mistake and it gets sold to the general public?

I really don't know the answers, and I really don't post on reddit, so not going to ask lol There was also mention of a warranty sticker that wasn't punched that would have been if it was sold at a retail store, but honestly, I have no clue and I am not sure it would be the same here in Canada as it is down there? Maybe you could answer that for us.

ETA: I am not sure if it shows which fleet or if it shows the shipping address, which in turn ... would give a clue, I would think. JMO

I really don't know the answers, and I really don't post on reddit, so not going to ask lol There was also mention of a warranty sticker that wasn't punched that would have been if it was sold at a retail store, but honestly, I have no clue and I am not sure it would be the same here in Canada as it is down there? Maybe you could answer that for us.

ETA: I am not sure if it shows which fleet or if it shows the shipping address, which in turn ... would give a clue, I would think. JMO
Nobody seemed to punched those date decals with any kind of regularity on batteries I saw that used them.

So not being punched is normal to me.

Nobody seemed to punched those date decals with any kind of regularity on batteries I saw that used them.

So not being punched is normal to me.

What are the date decals there for? To show when it was purchased? For warranty purposes?

What are the date decals there for? To show when it was purchased? For warranty purposes?
I'm guessing for when the battery is sold. That would be the start date for warranty purposes.

I've never sold batteries that had those decals on them.

I should clarify that while I've never sold battery's that had that kind of date code decal system I have seen them many times on battery cores.

I thought she found new evidence? Maybe she's found nothing.
Yes she did and it's all in her previous court filings. It's like any other previous exoneration in other cases where technology changes and previously tested evidence is countered with new findings.

So the only way to find this info is to go to Reddit?

I'm not going to do that.
Well you can wait until KZ's next court filing this month and i am thinking it will be in there, unless her investigators aren't done yet, and it would then be a supplemented attachment when they are ready to do that.
It really is a study into how the post conviction process works and it can sometimes take years to get an exoneration. KZ did mention when she first took SA's case and did her first court filing that the longest one of her exonerations took was 4 years, but it can be more than that too.

Yes she did and it's all in her previous court filings. It's like any other previous exoneration in other cases where technology changes and previously tested evidence is countered with new findings.
Ok. I'd like to see the State's hired guns look at these new findings and give us their opinion.

In many legal cases the accused are allowed to testify in their own defense.

That's not a bad thing in my book.
Yes. And then be subjected to cross examination by the State.

We haven't seen that yet.

Ok. I'd like to see the State's hired guns look at these new findings and give us their opinion.

Yes we would all love to see that!

Problem is they have to find world renowned experts that disagree with Zellners experts.

I am sure they will find someone to counter Zellners experts but they are going to struggle trying to find world renowned experts.

In every professional field there are leading experts who publish most of the current literature, speak at the national conferences, write the textbooks the students use, etc.. - These are the experts Zellner has.

Well you can wait until KZ's next court filing this month and i am thinking it will be in there, unless her investigators aren't done yet, and it would then be a supplemented attachment when they are ready to do that.
It really is a study into how the post conviction process works and it can sometimes take years to get an exoneration. KZ did mention when she first took SA's case and did her first court filing that the longest one of her exonerations took was 4 years, but it can be more than that too.

I am not sure if we will see the battery info in the Dec 20th filing. That is the appeal, and it is appealing the decision of the lower court not granting an evidentiary hearing, the Brady violations, etc. The battery would be considered 'new information' and would need to filed with the lower courts I think.

I'm guessing for when the battery is sold. That would be the start date for warranty purposes.

I've never sold batteries that had those decals on them.

I should clarify that while I've never sold battery's that had that kind of date code decal system I have seen them many times on battery cores.

Here is some additional information that I was reading this morning:

Interstate ships to fleets thereby their batteries are one of the few with serial numbers. Unbeknownst to me, until I was updated by KZ's team, Interstate also has an "batch number" that allows them to track a battery throughout the shipping process. That being said, the fleet Interstate shipped to is known.

Since you seem to be more familiar with batteries, are you aware of serial numbers on them @RANCH? It seems like it might be an Interstate thing and not something other battery companies do?

I am not sure if we will see the battery info in the Dec 20th filing. That is the appeal, and it is appealing the decision of the lower court not granting an evidentiary hearing, the Brady violations, etc. The battery would be considered 'new information' and would need to filed with the lower courts I think.
BBM,Yes more than likely that is what would happen. It will be interesting to see her next filing on the 20th.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back